Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kids with Fewer Vaccines

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I'm betting his answer has less to do with the medicial concerns of vaccines and more about avoiding getting jabbed with needles.

You call my child a coward Corp..Of the needle..How dare You !! :whistle:

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

But I don't expect my son to get around HPV. Why does he need vaccinated.. I was never vaccinated against chicken pox. Back then we just got it and we all lived. So why vaccinate against it ?

So you don't expect your son to ever have sex?  That's an interesting notion.  Particularly when you consider that virgins until marriage who are in fully monogamous relationships can still get and pass HPV.

As far as chicken pox, yes, it is relatively harmless - unless you happen to be one of 12,000 or so who were hospitalized with severe complications or one of 100 or so who died from it annually.  Not to mention the cost to families in lost time/wages/productivity/etc. from 3-4 million kids a year getting them.  Particularly so when a simply injection can drop the rates by 88% or more.

http://thechart.blog...hickenpox-down/

Deaths from chickenpox down

Deaths from chickenpox (the varicella virus) have dropped 97 percent in adolescents and children since the use of the vaccine began in 1995, new analysis shows.
"I think there's certainly the potential for very little disease in the future and very few deaths if we are to fully implement and maintain that program," said Jane Seward, deputy director, Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The study appears in journal Pediatrics. Researchers from the CDC looked at data from 1990 to 2007.

"Every kid did get chickenpox and, in the pre-vaccine era, there were 3-4 million cases a year," Seward said. "What people may not have realized, every year, about 105 people died of chickenpox. About half of those were children and about 11,000-12,000 were hospitalized with severe complications. We started preventing the disease to really prevent those very serious complications."

Among adults younger than 50, the decline was 96 percent; overall, the decline was 88 percent.  Seward pointed out that adults get more serious chickenpox than children and also need two doses of the vaccine.

"They have about twenty times higher risk of dying from chickenpox than children do. So it is really important for adults who haven't had chickenpox to get the vaccine."

Edited by Rafterman, 29 January 2013 - 04:32 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Im gonna throw the increasing rate of Autism at you.

#19    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

You call my child a coward Corp..Of the needle..How dare You !! :whistle:

Hey I'm right there with him. I do what I can to avoid needles as well :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#20    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

How do you, or anyone, know that there's actually an increase in Autism that is directly related to vaccines? It could simply be that these children are being diagnosed as being Autistic because nothing else fits and it's convenient because Autism has such broad variations.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#21    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Before you do, be sure to show evidence of a link between the two.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#22    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I asked my 10 year old tonight if he thought he got too many vaccines. He answered yes. Ill take his word on it. Ill stand up for his right to have safe vaccinations only.

Ask your 10 year old if he believes he should be able to drive yet, as long as you are so sold on this "I'll take his word for it" reasoning...

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#23    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I asked my 10 year old tonight if he thought he got too many vaccines. He answered yes. Ill take his word on it. Ill stand up for his right to have safe vaccinations only.

I assume you've also asked him if he needs to continue going to school and if his pocket money should be raised?

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#24    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well, since the rise in autism diagnosis correlates perfectly with the rise in internet usage, what are you planning on doing about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users