Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

Uncle Sam

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

What is your beef with the constitution? And America? Don't lie. You're hellbent on changing both.

• Like 3

What is your beef with the constitution? And America? Don't lie. You're hellbent on changing both.

Why is wanting change a bad thing?

I don't have a "beef" with the constitution. Or America. I have a beef with those who LIE about it.

BUT, not against your own government? That's usually called treason at worst, or insurrection at best.

I'm not a constitutional expert, but people in the US believe that armed revolution is a right that was written into the constitution? Really?

Really. So did the men who put it in the Constitution:

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

Patrick Henry

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Thomas Jefferson

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason

Co-author of the Second Amendment

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

Thomas Jefferson

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 {August 17, 1789}])

So, why should we consider it any differently?

Harte

• Like 5

Fortunately, many sheriffs still support our right to keep and bear arms because they recall that they took an oath to defend and obey the Constitution. People, with common sense, blame violent perpetrators, not inanimate weapons, for heinous murders. More gun laws mean nothing. Criminals disobey them. The vast majority of Americans don't fall into that category, and they shouldn't be treated like they do. If an ordinary American got divorced, got fired, played the most violent game, watched the most violent movie, and had an AK or AR on the coffee table in front of them, they wouldn't even seriously think about killing other people. The proposed laws aren't about guns. They're about control.

• Like 1

Fortunately, many sheriffs still support our right to keep and bear arms because they recall that they took an oath to defend and obey the Constitution. People, with common sense, blame violent perpetrators, not inanimate weapons, for heinous murders. More gun laws mean nothing. Criminals disobey them. The vast majority of Americans don't fall into that category, and they shouldn't be treated like they do. If an ordinary American got divorced, got fired, played the most violent game, watched the most violent movie, and had an AK or AR on the coffee table in front of them, they wouldn't even seriously think about killing other people. The proposed laws aren't about guns. They're about control.

Welcome to the never ending defense of wanting to and believing to be free.You just said it perfectly yet have joined the group of paranoid,gun hugging,liberty loving crazies hahaha

• Like 1

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

There's a process for change, though. It's tyrannical to pass unconstitutional laws that bypass this process.

Welcome to the never ending defense of wanting to and believing to be free.You just said it perfectly yet have joined the group of paranoid,gun hugging,liberty loving crazies hahaha

Thank you. May we be put on the same list. As a libertarian and a pacifist, I must be on one or two. I should accept nothing less than a file. ;-)

• Like 1