Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#46    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

You manage to ignore any points I make by repeating that I'm not an American.

I've got news for you; guns are not just an American thing.  Perhaps America could learn a few things from the rest of the world.

And I got news for you, my nations is not like yours. We have rapists, murderers, homicides, break-ins, and other very dangerous criminals on the loose. Taking away the guns won't solve the problem, it would make the problem worse because there will be little to no resistance to these types of people. You're not looking at the complete picture.  Not only guns are there for our protect, hunting, or sports; it is also there to ensure our government won't turn take away our rights that is promised in our constitution or an tyrant will succeed in usurping himself into power as a King or Dictator. If our government is not the problem or to be feared, it also stands to reason no other country in this world would dare invade us because there are millions upon millions of citizens who are armed to the teeth are more than willing to protect their nation from foreign invaders. So telling me to give up my arms is telling me to sentence my great grandchildren a doomed future where they are enslaved or controlled by a domestic or foreign government that forces their will upon us.

Each nation has it's own set of problems, our is just different than most nations out there that it seems alien to them.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 27 January 2013 - 09:11 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#47    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

That was tactical training in a large city. Inside America. When has that ever happened before ? And why do police need training for future deployments ? Make your own mind but that **** in Florida is NASTY.

Not too mention firing machine guns (blanks) in a city like that over traffic when a major basketball is getting out. BAD TASTE.

Edited by AsteroidX, 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#48    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

That was tactical training in a large city. Inside America. When has that ever happened before ? And why do police need training for future deployments ? Make your own mind but that **** in Florida is NASTY.

Not too mention firing machine guns (blanks) in a city like that over traffic when a major basketball is getting out. BAD TASTE.

If Frank can't understand this, he never will understand it.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Did you hear them say they heard the blanks ricocheting off high rises, guy ducks for cover....WOW.  Safe ?

#50    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Did you hear them say they heard the blanks ricocheting off high rises, guy ducks for cover....WOW.  Safe ?

That is crazy, did they even research into what would happen if they are firing live blanks over an city at high altitudes? It is like taking a dime from top of Empire State Building and dropping it, it is bound to hit someone and kill them!

#51    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

My states kinda cool still.

http://www.kval.com/...-188514851.html

#52    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

That is crazy, did they even research into what would happen if they are firing live blanks over an city at high altitudes? It is like taking a dime from top of Empire State Building and dropping it, it is bound to hit someone and kill them!

I know this has nothing to do with the conversation but dropping a coin off the empire state building won't kill anyone, it won't even reach the ground.  Due to its height and materials of the empire state building it has a severe updraft surrounding it so any coins thrown off the top of it all land on this one area roughly 2/3 up the building.  Even if they did reach the ground due to the gravity of earth being only 9.8 m/s and the mass of coins being really low they don't got enough force to kill someone, it would hurt and could cut a person but it would never kill them.  

Because I don't want to make a post that is completely off topic I am going to throw in I am against gun control.

#53    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostDarkHunter, on 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

I know this has nothing to do with the conversation but dropping a coin off the empire state building won't kill anyone, it won't even reach the ground.  Due to its height and materials of the empire state building it has a severe updraft surrounding it so any coins thrown off the top of it all land on this one area roughly 2/3 up the building.  Even if they did reach the ground due to the gravity of earth being only 9.8 m/s and the mass of coins being really low they don't got enough force to kill someone, it would hurt and could cut a person but it would never kill them.  

Because I don't want to make a post that is completely off topic I am going to throw in I am against gun control.

Didn't know that. Don't want to see this topic get derailed, but I am glad you brought that little information to me. I am learning new things everyday.

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I would walk down the street with one strapped to my back with this guy, but I would educate as many people I can about the gun I carry. Teach them there is nothing to be afraid of it, let them know their fears are misguided and there isn't any reason to be afraid of that type of gun. Don't get me wrong, I pretty much understand where that police officer is coming from, but I would organize a event with the police office to teach people about gun.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 27 January 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#54    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

He pretty much tells each police officer which city hes going to next. But yes education is a big piece of the solution.

For most of this country's existence people weren't afraid of guns. Thats a new very new phenomenon.

#55    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

And I got news for you, my nations is not like yours. We have rapists, murderers, homicides, break-ins, and other very dangerous criminals on the loose. Taking away the guns won't solve the problem, it would make the problem worse because there will be little to no resistance to these types of people. You're not looking at the complete picture.  Not only guns are there for our protect, hunting, or sports; it is also there to ensure our government won't turn take away our rights that is promised in our constitution or an tyrant will succeed in usurping himself into power as a King or Dictator. If our government is not the problem or to be feared, it also stands to reason no other country in this world would dare invade us because there are millions upon millions of citizens who are armed to the teeth are more than willing to protect their nation from foreign invaders. So telling me to give up my arms is telling me to sentence my great grandchildren a doomed future where they are enslaved or controlled by a domestic or foreign government that forces their will upon us.

Each nation has it's own set of problems, our is just different than most nations out there that it seems alien to them.
Sam, every nation has those threats. Every nation could be invaded. Hell, we've mad jihadists on our doorstep, who've said they want to bring Sharia law to our country. We've rapists our legal system merrily lets run around free. We've tinpot little politicans who think they're not leaders of banana republics and acrually world leaders who given half a chance would call themselves king.

And, we call having guns a respomsibility. We look upong them as dangerous things to be used in extreme need. We have strict ownership laws. We ban certain weapons.

You're right, we're different - but ot that different.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#56    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Watch the video Frank. WE are not the ones doing this. The Government is coming after us and doing it fully armed its appearing slowly and certainly.
If your fears are true I think you don't stand a chance.  End of story.

#57    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

If your fears are true I think you don't stand a chance.  End of story.

Thats a strange thing to say from a country that drove the Americans out in the 70's through persistence.

#58    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I am talking to that guy to see what we could do. He is actually thinking of coming down to Oklahoma City and I would walk with him.

#59    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

No worries its not the only AR-15 we have in the state. Just be sure and send him back.

#60    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Here is another interesting subject you might want to check out.

Here is how bad our constitution is being infringed upon by the Government.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 27 January 2013 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users