Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#76    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Anger is like taking a hot coal to hurl it at your enemy.  You hurt yourself more.  (This is a Buddhist saying that I roughly translated; I don't know if it is attributed to the Buddha or not).

#77    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'd like to apologize to the UM community because I become a real ***hole when it comes to gun control.  I hate it, I hate Obama, and I hate his skank *ss wife.  Fat B****.  Try to tell others what they can do.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 27 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#78    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

No need to apologize nor ask someone where there loyalty lies these days. Honestly. Those that cant give an immediate answer I call a citizen to their face. They usually are satisfied with that answer. Not everyone has the stomach to fight.

No thats a very real reason why the 2nd Amendment is necessary to preserve.

Something I said earlier in this thread.

#79    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 27 January 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

After seeing that video my suspicions are raised. Is there any reason for a joint police/military exercise involving machine gun shooting practise from military helicopters above heavily populated cities?

Could any resistance to tighter gun regulations be used as an excuse for martial law?

Military exercises in cities with the cooperation of the police are not uncommon. It happens outside of the US too. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the "they're getting ready to enslave us" bandwagon.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#80    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Did you hear them say they heard the blanks ricocheting off high rises, guy ducks for cover....WOW.  Safe ?

No they didn't. They said "pinging" off the buildings. That's a reference to the sound bouncing off the buildings, not the casings.

----Seraphina

#81    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

That is crazy, did they even research into what would happen if they are firing live blanks over an city at high altitudes? It is like taking a dime from top of Empire State Building and dropping it, it is bound to hit someone and kill them!

Did you think that maybe they had brass catchers on the machine guns? Everyone seems quick to jump to conclusions...

----Seraphina

#82    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

jumping to conclusions ? Why the hell would they need to auto fire blanks in a population center with people actively moving about without notice under any circumstance ?

#83    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

He pretty much tells each police officer which city hes going to next. But yes education is a big piece of the solution.

For most of this country's existence people weren't afraid of guns. Thats a new very new phenomenon.

I wonder how it would end up if he walked into an armed school with it.

----Seraphina

#84    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

jumping to conclusions ? Why the hell would they need to auto fire blanks in a population center with people actively moving about without notice under any circumstance ?

For training. Ive done it on an Afghanistan based exercise here in Canada.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to imply here: they clearly did fire blanks, which means it was a training scenario. Are you surprised they fired blanks in training?

----Seraphina

#85    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yes. In a major metroplolitan area without notifying the public. I am very suprised.

#86    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Yes. In a major metroplolitan area without notifying the public. I am very suprised.

If that is indeed the case, it doesn't show any nefarious purpose behind it. The reporters were also saying that people just are being told its a training exercise, so it seems the public was being notified.

----Seraphina

#87    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Im not buying it today Stellar. Lets review the video:

1. its announced several hours later by a media outlet after the initial video footage was given to them  by amateur videors as a drill

2. people are walking out of a professional basketball game into this unkown event

3. why are police training for a deployment ?

4. Military helicopters are flying over a major freeway and I assume populated area by the video firing machine guns (blanks)

5. Video is from 2 seperate nights.

6. The military and police have plenty of places to do this sort of thing away from the public.

7. Accidents happen and civilians were scared by this event

Conclusion: If I was in one of those cars on the freeway or the guy that videod the machine gun fire I would find an attorney. Thats a dangerous and reckless drill.

which btw is not the reason for this thread just came out of it.

Edited by AsteroidX, 27 January 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#88    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

-Patton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

1. its announced several hours later by a media outlet after the initial video footage was given to them  by amateur videors as a drill

Wrong. It was announced at the latest as it was happening. Did you not see how the news report said "live"?

2. people are walking out of a professional basketball game into this unkown event

So?

3. why are police training for a deployment ?

Police could have been used in 1 of 3 capacities.
1. As support for the exercise, making any areas involved safe for people.
2. In a role playing capacity--responding as they expect the police of the other country to do.
3. In a training capacity--- Not necessarily for an overseas deployment but because something similar might happen in the US and the police would benefit from training for such a scenario.

I don't see anything wrong or nefarious with any of those possibilities.

4. Military helicopters are flying over a major freeway and I assume populated area by the video firing machine guns (blanks)

So? Its not uncommon or unheard of for that to happen.

5. Video is from 2 seperate nights.

Once again, so what?

6. The military and police have plenty of places to do this sort of thing away from the public.

No, they actually don't. That's the problem. The military doesn't have any metropolitan training areas full of people and cars that would act as a real major city. They have small urban operations villages populated with some role players which do suffice for certain things, but if there is a necessity to train for something happening in a major city, the only thing they have to simulate that is an actual major city.

7. Accidents happen and civilians were scared by this event

And whats your point?

Conclusion: If I was in one of those cars on the freeway or the guy that videod the machine gun fire I would find an attorney. Thats a dangerous and reckless drill.

which btw is not the reason for this thread just came out of it.

Ahh, so your argument is that the training wasn't done to your satisfaction? I was under the impression that this video and topic had something to do with how the US is training to enslave you all --- that is certainly the light in which it was cast when it was first posted.

----Seraphina

#89    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

The truth can often be found somewhere in between. So Ill let it rest there Stellar.

#90    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,881 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

The first thing that needs to be done to undermine a right is to change its definition.

In the case of the Second Amendment, all one has to do to change the definition is claim it is for hunting only.

Just like the Weimar Republic with their guns; any gun beyond that of a purpose for hunting was banned.

Edited by Eonwe, 27 January 2013 - 11:53 PM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users