Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WWI photos found inside antique camera

anton orlov wwi photos camera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,996 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

A collector of vintage photography equipment got an extra bonus when he picked up a French camera at an antique store: never-before-seen images circa World War I France.

Anton Orlov details the story of the lucky find on his blog the Photo Palace, where all of the eight photos from the Jumelle Belllieni stereoscopic camera can be seen.

http://news.yahoo.co...-203437991.html

Posted Image

#2    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Fascinating.   How cool would it be to find an old camera and get the film developed.  It'd be like a window into a previous time, thus unopened.  I love stuff like this.  Probably part of why I enjoy taking photos of dilapidated old buildings so much.  The history in them is so present.

#3    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,147 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

This is awesome and even more awesome is that the flim was still good.
I wanna see this pics .my neighbor dad was a world war 1 vet i knew him
He lived to be 93..

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,806 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Fascinating.   How cool would it be to find an old camera and get the film developed.  It'd be like a window into a previous time, thus unopened.  I love stuff like this.  Probably part of why I enjoy taking photos of dilapidated old buildings so much.  The history in them is so present.
I didn't make photos but I can remember as a kid of 8 or 9 riding in the "country" 30 miles or so from home to visit an uncle and we'd see multiple ramshackle barns and houses that were just left to the elements.  Sad they were, but also inspiring, like the remnant of a strong person's youthful strength.  I guess they were the first things that made me contemplate the passage of time.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users