Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#106    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostStellar, on 29 January 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

So the opinion of the people you consider to be "sheeple" doesn't matter?
no. why would you care what sheeps think? they wont stand up for it anyway.

Edited by aztek, 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#107    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postaztek, on 29 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

no. why would you care what sheeps think? they wont stand up for it anyway.

There we have the issue. Everyone is created equal---unless they're sheeple that disagree with your view of the state of the country.

All this crying about tyranny is not to institute freedom, it's to institute another tyranny, but one friendly to your point of view.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#108    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

There we have the issue. Everyone is created equal---unless they're sheeple that disagree with your view of the state of the country.

All this crying about tyranny is not to institute freedom, it's to institute another tyranny, but one friendly to your point of view.

You can call it whatever you want in your fantasy world. Im calling the man in power today a Tyrrant. Yep. I sure am.

Me not wanting to be involved with the destroying of the Constitution is not a crime. Being able to live in a place where the principles of the Constitution are maintained is what I do want.

#109    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

The sheeple are a problem because most of them are unknowing participants in the destruction of the American experiment. There are a great many people out there I believe who just vote for who someone tells them too or whoever the media deems cool while never truly grasping just what they are doing to themselves and country.
Example: my best friend of 20+ years decided to vote for Obama this year. A great disappointment to say the least. When asked why and why he refused to hear me out before hand his exact response-

Friend~ because me and you, we don't know much about politics. My brother went to college, he knows what's up and he thinks Romneys an a-hole so that how I made up my mind

Me~ Wow. You have no idea what you're doing. You voted McCain last time. Wtf???

Friend~ yea but we were in war and McCain knows war. This time I don't want a war president.

Me~ Jesus.

Most recently at the start of a work day the subject of gun control came up. Me and another guy looked at my friend (who obviously works with me) with dismay and said "thanks man. You voted for this guy." My best friend who is now angry about this war on the right to bear arms siding with the right says next with slight embarrassment "yea whatever. Who could've seen this coming?" I screamed "Me!!!, you should've talked to me first."

This election he was a sheeple. He decided to ask someone else who to vote for instead of finding out why. He is now angry about his voting decision because he voted for something he doesn't like because someone else and the media told him who to like without ever looking at the issues.
Point is, there are many others like him on both sides of he isle but mostly the left side. Many others who should've paid attention. If you vote like a zombie or a good doggy you are a sheeple.

Posted Image

#110    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Our pov stellar is a constitutional one. Wanting constitutional government is not tyrannical and is in fact the defacto law of our land. Any other means of governing forced upon the American people is tyranny.

Posted Image

#111    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Our pov stellar is a constitutional one. Wanting constitutional government is not tyrannical and is in fact the defacto law of our land. Any other means of governing forced upon the American people is tyranny.

Wanting a constitutional government is not tyrannical. Wanting a government which matches your beliefs and disregards others because you consider them "sheeple unworthy of a say" is

----Seraphina

#112    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Wanting a constitutional government is not tyrannical. Wanting a government which matches your beliefs and disregards others because you consider them "sheeple unworthy of a say" is

You describe what Washington is doing on a daily basis very well there. Thank You for your support Stellar. I knew youd come around eventually. :gun:

#113    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostStellar, on 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Christ. I never said get rid of the sheeple or expect them to ever dissapear. They can have a say. Voting requires nothing more than citizenship. No education required. My story was a lesson in awareness. We all can be sheeple in some aspects of life, not just politics. Wanting a constitutional government does... You know what? Never mind. You have invented a new strawman arguement. New to me at least. That would be you turning constitutionalism on its head and declaring it tyranny. Some comments can be rationally commented on. Yours is one.

Posted Image

#114    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

-Patton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 January 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

You describe what Washington is doing on a daily basis very well there. Thank You for your support Stellar. I knew youd come around eventually. :gun:

And it seems you want the same to happen... Just in line with your own opinions.

Tell me, what would you suggest you do to "wake up" those you consider "sheeple"?

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Christ. I never said get rid of the sheeple or expect them to ever dissapear. They can have a say. Voting requires nothing more than citizenship. No education required. My story was a lesson in awareness. We all can be sheeple in some aspects of life, not just politics. Wanting a constitutional government does... You know what? Never mind. You have invented a new strawman arguement. New to me at least. That would be you turning constitutionalism on its head and declaring it tyranny. Some comments can be rationally commented on. Yours is one.

Take a look at azteks post. I made nothing up.

----Seraphina

#115    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Stellar, you are speaking to people who have woken up and there are more of us everyday. At this point you're just denouncing the constitution.
But to answer your question is simple. Inform them.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 29 January 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#116    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Then speak to Aztek. You had quoted me.

Posted Image

#117    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

-Patton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Stellar, you are speaking to people who have woken up and there are more of us everyday. At this point you're just denouncing the constitution.
But to answer your question is simple. Inform them.

Inform them? How? By telling them that their beliefs are wrong?

People have a fundamental disagreement on whether gun control is considered an infringement of the 2nd. Hell, people have a fundamental disagreement on whether the 2nd should even be in the constitution. Problem is, one side calls the other "sheeple" who need to be "informed". How would you "inform" them, Fess?

----Seraphina

#118    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Inform them? How? By telling them that their beliefs are wrong?

People have a fundamental disagreement on whether gun control is considered an infringement of the 2nd. Hell, people have a fundamental disagreement on whether the 2nd should even be in the constitution. Problem is, one side calls the other "sheeple" who need to be "informed". How would you "inform" them, Fess?

Then lets just divide the country and be done with this argumernt. Its a no win for anyone otherwise. You dont give a flap about the Constitution fine. But I do and thats what this country was founded on. Im not taking your rights away just saying its time we went our seperate ways as a nation.

#119    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostStellar, on 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

you right we do have issue. bigger than you realize.

ppl are not sheeps just because they disagree with me. that has nothing to do with it.

friendly tyranny?? lol, that would not be tyranny by definition, ever heard phrase friendly tyrant?? me neither.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#120    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

We don't need to get rid of the Constitution, that is ridiculous. The Constitution is a living breathing document which has always through the genius of our founders been a changable yet resilient piece of parchement (so to speak). Look at all the changes that have come since it's inception and how it has adapted and remained relevent in our times. That doesn't need to change. We founded our country on the idea of freedom and that hasn't gone away (despite all the paranoia of some) and our rights if anything have only expanded. Blacks are no longer slaves and now have civil rights, womens rights, disabled rights, and hopefully soon equal rights for gays and lesbians. The only people who want a new constitution are those who are short sighted about history and our place in it.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users