Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#166    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

The dollar is near valueless as it is. It is suppose to be worth 35$ per ounce of gold. Globally.

#167    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,001 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think there is one thing in the US Constitution that irritates the Hell out of the rest of the world -- the provision that only a "natural born" citizen can be elected President.  Is the US a democracy or not?  Why can't the people elect whomever they want?

#168    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostHasina, on 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Why don't we... amend it?

Well, that is what sensible people would aim for, but here we are discussing the spin of those who want to break up the US, return it to 1860 or overthrow the government because the majority does not seem to agree with them and they really don't care about the outcome. Khrushchev is jumping up and down with  joy in Communist Hell because some Americans are doing what he was incapable of.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#169    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 January 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I think there is one thing in the US Constitution that irritates the Hell out of the rest of the world -- the provision that only a "natural born" citizen can be elected President.  Is the US a democracy or not?  Why can't the people elect whomever they want?

Because foreign individuals who work for their governments, can gain power within our government and wreck havoc over it. Enough power gained, they can practically surrender the whole United States to that country without even declaring war. Infiltration is something our forefathers foresaw and they knew that it can happen. I really irritates you, that says so much about you...

Edited by Uncle Sam, 30 January 2013 - 02:30 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#170    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,001 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Because foreign individuals who work for their governments, can gain power within our government and wreck havoc over it. Enough power gained, they can practically surrender the whole United States to that country without even declaring war. Infiltration is something our forefathers foresaw and they knew that it can happen. I really irritates you, that says so much about you...
This is simple paranoia; scary paranoia.  Why should foreigners who have become citizens be any less loyal than native born?  Probably they are more loyal because they don't take things for granted.

I think, at least I certainly hope, that the messages you post represent a small minority of Americans.

#171    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

This is simple paranoia; scary paranoia.  Why should foreigners who have become citizens be any less loyal than native born?  Probably they are more loyal because they don't take things for granted.

I think, at least I certainly hope, that the messages you post represent a small minority of Americans.

It does.

But most Americans are slightly paranoid, only not the majority about the government.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#172    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,001 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

But most Americans are slightly paranoid, only not the majority about the government.
Well of course.  Everyone everywhere naturally is.

We have to live where we live and, as they say, play the hand we are dealt.  We have to do it rationally, however, and with deep compassion, which means to me that if we seriously think there are things wrong, we should use non-violent means to change them.  Such means don't always work, but they stand a better chance than shoot-em-ups.  Look at the armed rising against the tyranny in Syria.  Thousands are dead and the entire population now is suffering.  It is better to patiently wait for political evolution to happen.  Nothing lasts forever.

#173    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

We have to live where we live and, as they say, play the hand we are dealt.  We have to do it rationally, however, and with deep compassion, which means to me that if we seriously think there are things wrong, we should use non-violent means to change them.  Such means don't always work, but they stand a better chance than shoot-em-ups.  Look at the armed rising against the tyranny in Syria.  Thousands are dead and the entire population now is suffering.  It is better to patiently wait for political evolution to happen.  Nothing lasts forever.

Besides, if the only plan the revolutionaries have for afterwards is " School prayer and Second Amendment" anybody with two working neurons will stay away from it.

about me

#174    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

There you go again talking about "most" Americans.   :no:

How much hypocrisy is one people supposed to take?   Americans deserve better than they're getting.

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Hey Frank, I notice you write perfect English, have a very western name and use American idioms regularly in your speech.  I was wondering, are you an American living in Vietnam?   If so, what hand were you dealt to wind up there?   Also your username is a bit curious.  A first and last name, very mundane, yet not a public figure's.   I don't think anyone would use their real name as a username on an anonymous message board, so I wondered as well where that came from.   If you don't want to answer that's fine, or if you'd rather PM with me that's okay too.  I've been curious for several days now.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#175    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

There you go again talking about "most" Americans.   :no:

Lets see:

Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe it was intentional.

(Source)

How many you know who are not afraid and don't fit the above description? Right.

about me

#176    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Lets see:

Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe it was intentional.

(Source)

How many you know who are not afraid and don't fit the above description? Right.
Yeah the hypocrisy from the bureau isn't necessarily intentional, it's just utterly callous and so in time it's just as bad as if it were intentional.

And speaking of false accusations, I have to call every one of your accusatory statements out that start with the subject "the majority of..." as false because you just throw that majority-speak around without evidence.   Are you spending a lot of time in the Conspiracy section of the website or something?   Is it loaded up with Americans who all believe the conspiracies there?   Or do you otherwise have any evidence whatsoever for the daily negativity about 150,000,000+ Americans?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#177    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Lets see:

(Source)

Go ahead.. scratch up my constant defending the constitution to paranoia. I will not back down, I will not be swayed. The constitution is absolute law of my land, regardless if you like it or not.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#178    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Go ahead.. scratch up my constant defending the constitution to paranoia. I will not back down, I will not be swayed. The constitution is absolute law of my land, regardless if you like it or not.

I know you won't, and that is your right.

But don';t expect to succeed.

about me

#179    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

His contempt for his own rule of law is, well, anti-American.  If he meant to call you paranoid for defending the Constitution, it's a brave new world where "paranoia" means upholding the law.  

Thank you for defending the Constitution sir.  You've earned my respect in the past few days here.

#180    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah the hypocrisy from the bureau isn't necessarily intentional, it's just utterly callous and so in time it's just as bad as if it were intentional.

And speaking of false accusations, I have to call every one of your accusatory statements out that start with the subject "the majority of..." as false because you just throw that majority-speak around without evidence.   Are you spending a lot of time in the Conspiracy section of the website or something?   Is it loaded up with Americans who all believe the conspiracies there?   Or do you otherwise have any evidence whatsoever for the daily negativity about 150,000,000+ Americans?

Besides about 50 studies I could quote offhand I might want to direct you to this book

The Culture of Fear" Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things, Barry Glassner , ISBN 0465014909

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users