Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#181    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Besides about 50 studies I could quote offhand I might want to direct you to this book

The Culture of Fear" Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things, Barry Glassner , ISBN 0465014909
Our fear is a function of our fear mongers, the figures you put your trust in to slander your own countrymen.  I'm the one trying to wake people up to how FOS our government and all it's bogeymen are.  By contrast,  you buy their soap on a daily basis, evidenced most recently with your daily march against 0.6% of gun homicides in this country caused by "assault" rifles because that's just so important to you since the bureaucrats told you it is.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#182    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Our fear is a function of our fear mongers, the figures you put your trust in to slander your own countrymen.  I'm the one trying to wake people up to how FOS our government and all it's bogeymen are.  By contrast,  you buy their soap on a daily basis, evidenced most recently with your daily march against 0.6% of gun homicides in this country caused by "assault" rifles because that's just so important to you since the bureaucrats told you it is.

And you know that I have something against "assault rifles" because of...? If you want to discuss something you should stick with the facts. Making it up as you go does not get you anywhere and looks like a desperate attempt top regain the footing you have lost due to lack of valid arguments.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#183    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Besides about 50 studies I could quote offhand I might want to direct you to this book

actually id like to see some facts quoted. I dont buy into hyperbole. If you cant back it up then shut it up.

Youve made some significant accusations regarding peoples parananoia of the government and the 2nd amendment among oither things. Lets see these facts you speak of.

#184    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

actually id like to see some facts quoted. I dont buy into hyperbole. If you cant back it up then shut it up.

Youve made some significant accusations regarding peoples parananoia of the government and the 2nd amendment among oither things. Lets see these facts you speak of.

Wake me up when the government is actually passing a 28th amendment to revoke the 2nd. Until then you can monger as much fear as you want: It is not happening.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#185    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

And you know that I have something against "assault rifles" because of...? If you want to discuss something you should stick with the facts. Making it up as you go does not get you anywhere and looks like a desperate attempt top regain the footing you have lost due to lack of valid arguments.
Because "the majority of gun owners are <add an insult from your insult collection here>"

Why do you think I ask you for evidence for your crazy claims about the majority of gun owners?  I'm trying like hell to stick with the facts and when you don't answer my questions, I realize you don't have any.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#186    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Because "the majority of gun owners are <add an insult from your insult collection here>"

Why do you think I ask you for evidence for your crazy claims about the majority of gun owners?  I'm trying like hell to stick with the facts and when you don't answer my questions, I realize you don't have any.

Where we come back to the post where I put the definition of paranoia, but please continue.

about me

#187    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Wake me up when the government is actually passing a 28th amendment to revoke the 2nd. Until then you can monger as much fear as you want: It is not happening.
Well isn't this a 180 degree turn around from the fruit punch you were pouring a few weeks ago!   Looks like a total surrender to me.  :D

#188    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Well isn't this a 180 degree turn around from the fruit punch you were pouring a few weeks ago!   Looks like a total surrender to me.  :D

Now, show me how that is a 180 degree turn. With quotes of my posts if you may.

Or is it going to end like every time you put something along those lines?

about me

#189    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Where we come back to the post where I put the definition of paranoia, but please continue.
I just call the BS out when I see it.  When you actually have a single fact about the majority of gun owners, I'll be stunned.

I would ask, but there is zero probability that you could provide ANY evidence at all.  And you're talking to me about "facts" here?   Really?

Edited by Yamato, 30 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#190    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

I just call the utter BS out when I see it.  When you actually have a single fact about the majority of gun owners, I'll be stunned.

See, if you can't prove it you are not calling out BS, you are making it up.

And as usual, an ad hominem claim without evidence... you will be considered king around here if you keep it up (the king of the BSers, of course).

about me

#191    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Now, show me how that is a 180 degree turn. With quotes of my posts if you may.

Or is it going to end like every time you put something along those lines?
You said that if the majority of Americans want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment, they'll get rid of it.

Now in full retreat, you admit that it's not going to happen.   I call that progress.

#192    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

And as usual, an ad hominem claim without evidence... you will be considered king around here if you keep it up (the king of the BSers, of course).

What do you think calling the majority of Americans paranoid is?  That's insulting.   And you tell me about facts?   You need to humble yourself, sir.  Seriously.  The ad hominems are all yours and if you haven't noticed it yet, people on this board are getting sick and tired of hearing them from you.

Me calling you out for having zero evidence is not an ad hominem, it is a FACT.

#193    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

http://www.examiner....cid=db_articles

These are facts. Real events. Not made up in my head. Real government (or whoever is doling it) pushing people to paranoia. Theres no excuse for these "suprise" training exercises. They should actually be banned and are Leader should care about the people enough to put a stop to these events before something bad happens due to misinformation.

#194    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

What do you think calling the majority of Americans paranoid is?  That's insulting.   And you tell me about facts?   You need to humble yourself, sir.  Seriously.  The ad hominems are all yours and if you haven't noticed it yet, people on this board are getting sick and tired of hearing them from you.

Me calling you out for having zero evidence is not an ad hominem, it is a FACT.

http://www.psycholog...he-age-paranoia
http://www.theameric...es-of-paranoia/
http://www.thedailyb...xperts-say.html
http://www.opednews....080917-191.html

If you need it to hurt, be my guest.

about me

#195    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I can do that too. Doers it mean Im right now ?

http://www.counterpu...usp-of-fascism/

http://www.alternet....rned_the_corner

http://www.americant...easy_steps.html

http://blog.ourfutur...re-we-there-yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users