Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Famine-induced cannibalism in North Korea

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

North Koreans may be turning to cannibalism — even eating family members — as deadly food shortages continue.

North Koreans may be turning to cannibalism for survival as serious food shortages continue to wrack the infamously oppressive Asian nation, some new reports suggest.
The Sunday Times wrote thata DPRK father was allegedly put to death by firing squad, after it was discovered that he had killed and eaten two of his own children last year — during the 2012 famine, which may have killed thousands.

http://www.globalpos...ism-north-korea

#2    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

In a weird twisted way this is not suprising me at all.

#3    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

what has the world come to?

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#4    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

You know what the problem is, if you go to the Daily Fail article:

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

In May last year, the South Korean state-run Korean Institute for National Unification said

So all this information is most likely from South Korea.

Which makes it questionable.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

The truly sad thing about this is that the media is using the real plight of starving people to make it appear as though cabalism is rampant among them just to sell a story. That absolutely disgusts me.

#6    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I don't believe this.

#7    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 28 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

The truly sad thing about this is that the media is using the real plight of starving people to make it appear as though cabalism is rampant among them just to sell a story. That absolutely disgusts me.

Yikes! I meant cannibalism. My spell checker is dumber than I am. :wacko:

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

The story trended pretty high on Yahoo "news" today as well. I thought this one would stay obscure as well.

From what I read it was a single case of cannibalism by a man eating his 2 sons. Which in the cannibal guidebook falls under snacking.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postpitchp, on 28 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

what has the world come to?
Mmmmm...long pork strips...with some fava beans, and a nice Chianti.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    Nick D

Nick D

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm surprised the North-Korean media haven't spun this:

'North Koreans tastiest people in world says great leader'

ND

#11    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Cannibalism Reported in Famine-Stricken North Korea

These and other disturbing news reports of cannibalism were originally relayed by Asia Press, a Japanese news agency with citizen reporters in North Korea, and published in the Times and other Western news outlets.
In the spring of 2012, a drought wreaked havoc on North Korea's crops, according to the Times. Following that disaster, a severe tropical cyclone hit the country, leaving an estimated 21,000 homeless.
As a result, last year the secretive pariah state was forced to accept food aid from South Korea (its sworn enemy) for the first time in years, according to CNN.com. An estimated 10,000 people are reported to have died of hunger-related problems in the past year.
Starvation has visited North Korea regularly since the 1990s, according to the Global Post. In 2003, following another bad crop, reports of famine and cannibalism began to circulate widely, the British newspaper The Independent revealed.

http://www.livescien...annibalism.html

#12    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

ewww

#13    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,309 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 28 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I agree, the thing is they suck you in. A heartfelt story of suffering we all cannot help but feel pity towards, in this article, that focus is placed on an anonymous man who allegedly killed and ate his kids. And immediately, one thinks, yeah, sure, as if you could eat your kids! I'd let them eat me first! But, then you think about the Shari'ah atrocities, beheading daughters for talking to boys, and stoning for being seen with a non family male, and you think ...... well........ could it be?
But I think Coffey hot the nail on the head. And the fact that the father is anonymous scream Chinese whispers, in Korea. We have meat! sounds like an Urband Legend.

Edited by psyche101, 07 February 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I agree with the Daily Fail reference.   But beyond North Korea and more from a global perspective, maybe people should be eaten, especially in a famine.   We're just animals.   The "ewww" factor is pure political correctness.   Come on folks, buck up and have a taste of that mouth watering pork, smoked on a stick and dripping with BBQ.   You'll forget everything they told ya about how nasty it was supposed to be.  Especially if you weren't even told what it is before you ate it.  

Ingrid Newkirk's Will is indeed unique in the world, but maybe it shouldn't be.

2. While the final decision as to the use of my body remains with PETA, I make the following suggested directions:

a. That the “meat” of my body, or a portion thereof, be used for a human barbecue, to remind the world that the meat of a corpse is all flesh, regardless of whether it comes from a human being or another animal, and that flesh foods are not needed;

b. That my skin, or a portion thereof, be removed and made into leather products, such as purses, to remind the world that human skin and the skin of other animals is the same and that neither is “fabric” nor needed, and that some skin be tacked up outside the Indian Leather Fair each year to serve as a reminder of the government’s need to abate the suffering of Indian bullocks who, after a life of extreme and involuntary servitude, as I have seen firsthand, are exported all over the world in this form;

c. That in remembrance of the elephant-foot umbrella stands and tiger rugs I saw, as a child, offered for sale by merchants at Connaught Place in Delhi, my feet be removed and umbrella stands or other ornamentation be made from them, as a reminder of the depravity of killing innocent animals, such as elephants, in order that we might use their body parts for household items and decorations;

d. That one of my eyes be removed, mounted, and delivered to the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a reminder that PETA will continue to be watching the agency until it stops poisoning and torturing animals in useless and cruel experiments; that the other is to be used as PETA sees fit;

e. That my pointing finger be delivered to Kenneth Feld, owner of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, or to a circus museum to stand as the “Greatest Accusation on Earth” on behalf of the countless elephants, lions, tigers, bears, and other animals who have been kidnapped from their families and removed from their homelands in India, Thailand, Africa, and South America and deprived of all that is natural and pleasant to them, abused, and forced into involuntary servitude for the sake of cheap entertainment;

http://www.peta.org/...nique-will.aspx

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#15    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

There are endless possibilities... fortunes made over night from allowing humans to sell their remains after death for consumption.  Insurance policies containing previously made contracts to share holders of the remains could yield a whole new profitable market.  These contracts would give the individual the economic ability to achieve their career goals and live the dream.

lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users