Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

lake Champlain monster theory

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

my theory is that the creature is a mosasaur or a zeuglodon
my evidence is in the famous mansi photograph
Posted Image
if you look at the area between the hump and the neck/flipper are connected underwater which means its body curves down before going up and if you look closely at what many people have called the neck you'll that its quite flat

these are just my thoughts please comment

#2    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

That's been a pretty popular theory for a while now regarding a lot of aquatic monsters.

#3    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

im leaning on basilosaurus

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,205 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I don't know much about dinos, heh. Have fossils of these critters been found in the area?

#5    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View Postthe dalek killer, on 28 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

my theory is that the creature is a mosasaur or a zeuglodon
my evidence is in the famous mansi photograph
Posted Image
if you look at the area between the hump and the neck/flipper are connected underwater which means its body curves down before going up and if you look closely at what many people have called the neck you'll that its quite flat

these are just my thoughts please comment

My theory is that the picture is a piece of drift wood , nothing more .....

TiP.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#6    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I could see how this might be a flipper bending over.  However, it is a flipper, what sets it out and not belong to a cetacean of sorts?  Many of them will swim about with their flippers out of the water, and a few at least will bend or curve in a similar manner.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#7    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

seems a bit to smooth to be drift wood

Edited by the dalek killer, 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#8    Robvilla

Robvilla

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

What would one of these ancient whales eat in Lake Champlain?

#9    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

fish can be very large in that lake and it has been known to gobble down a horse passing across the lake

#10    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Everything suggested so far is an air-breather which makes them unlikely candidates. I mean, in addition to being extinct of course.

#11    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,205 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Mosasaur and basilosaurus fossils have not been noted to have been found in the region.

And record breaking big fish from Lake Champlain can get up into the 40 pound range, which might be a tasty snack for a huge fish, but also probably indicates a lack of large predator in the water. The sizes, variety, and amounts of fish also kind of indicate that a large herbivore probably isn't lurking around either.
And hehe.. the pic.. American Eel up to 6 pounds has been caught in the lake.. Could it be that the photographer caught an eel on camera, but in perspective it looks like a possible much larger critter?

#12    the dalek killer

the dalek killer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

they found fossils in Alabama and in Egypt meaning it had a wide range  so it could of easily lived in that area and it is seen quite often

Edited by the dalek killer, 29 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

I'm convinced that it was nothing but the misidentification of some common animal or, as stated above, a piece of wood.

Good analysis here.

http://www.csicop.or...the_champ_photo

If a breeding population of lake monsters lived in Lake Champlain, they'd be fairly well known and sighted often given that there are millions of people in and around the lake on an annual basis.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Having given this some more thought, I'm curious to the OPs thoughts on how air breathing creatures survive in the lake on the years that it freezes completely.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#15    kenobibax

kenobibax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Looks like a whale breaching to me, with the left or right flipper held high and slightly bent giving the appearance of a head.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users