Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 3 votes

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#151    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Frank the lunatic will cause trouble no matter what they will find away,car accidents kill more every year than guns do and not just drunk drivers pure accidents.Should we ban cars and make the gov drive us all around because lots are not responsible enough to drive?Someone could take a whole bottle of aspirin to commit suicide,should we ban aspirin?

The lunatic that uses a car can be traced, in fact the lunatic that uses a pound of beef can be traced... in most states the lunatic that uses a gun not because there is no comprehensive registration.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#152    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,959 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Frank the lunatic will cause trouble no matter what they will find away,car accidents kill more every year than guns do and not just drunk drivers pure accidents.Should we ban cars and make the gov drive us all around because lots are not responsible enough to drive?Someone could take a whole bottle of aspirin to commit suicide,should we ban aspirin?
Keep in mind I don't advocate banning anything.  I just as a moral position take the view that one should not have them around.

Yes anything can be harmful, but there is time to pump the aspirin out of the guy's stomach; you can do nothing about the bullet in his head.

#153    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,208 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 03 February 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Keep in mind I don't advocate banning anything.  I just as a moral position take the view that one should not have them around.

Yes anything can be harmful, but there is time to pump the aspirin out of the guy's stomach; you can do nothing about the bullet in his head.

Dont always agree with you at least you are rational though

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#154    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

The lunatic that uses a car can be traced, in fact the lunatic that uses a pound of beef can be traced... in most states the lunatic that uses a gun not because there is no comprehensive registration.
We trace them in other ways.  Forensics.  Witnesses.  But the bigger question is...so, we catch The Lunatic...(i.e. The Aurora shooter) What then?  Everyone knows he's guilty.  But the justice department has made a mockery of justice.  True justice would be...convene a jury the following day, if warranted, and again, the innocence of the Aurora shooter is not even in question, then, hang the accused by the neck in front of the court house in which he was convicted and sentenced to death.  Swift...lethal...sends a message to all.
Ah, but no, keep him out of sight for a year or two, then make a public spectacle out of a trial that the Media can glom onto and make millions.  Then, set him up in prison with 3 squares a day, plenty of sex, TV, gym, whatever he wants, needs, or desires...and best of all...make the public pay for it all.  Is that justice? No.
American justice is a joke.  Hmmmm...maybe that is the reason the rest of the world is laughing at us.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#155    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

We trace them in other ways.  Forensics.  Witnesses.  But the bigger question is...so, we catch The Lunatic...(i.e. The Aurora shooter) What then?  Everyone knows he's guilty.  But the justice department has made a mockery of justice.  True justice would be...convene a jury the following day, if warranted, and again, the innocence of the Aurora shooter is not even in question, then, hang the accused by the neck in front of the court house in which he was convicted and sentenced to death.  Swift...lethal...sends a message to all.
Ah, but no, keep him out of sight for a year or two, then make a public spectacle out of a trial that the Media can glom onto and make millions.  Then, set him up in prison with 3 squares a day, plenty of sex, TV, gym, whatever he wants, needs, or desires...and best of all...make the public pay for it all.  Is that justice? No.
American justice is a joke.  Hmmmm...maybe that is the reason the rest of the world is laughing at us.

The biggest problem are not Aurora shooters, the biggest problem are the 16K weapons that disappear into thin air every year to reappear in relation to some crime all over the continent from Alaska to Fireland. If that could be stopped we would have the second big success after the Brady Bill.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#156    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

The biggest problem are not Aurora shooters, the biggest problem are the 16K weapons that disappear into thin air every year to reappear in relation to some crime all over the continent from Alaska to Fireland. If that could be stopped we would have the second big success after the Brady Bill.
Really?  And how do you propose to stop that?  Oh, I have an idea...let's ask Obama and his thug Attorney General to make it stop...I mean, they are experts on the subject...oh wait though, their real expertise comes from covering up Fast and Furious...never mind.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#157    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Really?  And how do you propose to stop that?  Oh, I have an idea...let's ask Obama and his thug Attorney General to make it stop...I mean, they are experts on the subject...oh wait though, their real expertise comes from covering up Fast and Furious...never mind.

My idea is that everybody who legally obtained a gun has to legally dispose of it again leaving a paper trail to prove it. No more gun sales without proper documentation. And what Obama proposes is completely irrelevant for me, unless they copy my proposal.

about me

#158    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

You must be referring to Fast and Furious. In case you werent aware thats sponsored by the govmnt.

#159    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

My idea is that everybody who legally obtained a gun has to legally dispose of it again leaving a paper trail to prove it. No more gun sales without proper documentation. And what Obama proposes is completely irrelevant for me, unless they copy my proposal.
It is utterly ridiculous.  And it is so because...criminals don't obey the gun laws anyway.  Stop making everyone suspect and start doing away with the criminal element of society...and then things will change.  It begins and ends with a huge and I mean HUGE shakeup of the Judiciary in this country...but...sigh...it will never happen...so I'll just dream on.

View PostAsteroidX, on 03 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

You must be referring to Fast and Furious. In case you werent aware thats sponsored by the govmnt.
Great minds think alike eh? :tu:

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#160    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

It is utterly ridiculous.  And it is so because...criminals don't obey the gun laws anyway.  Stop making everyone suspect and start doing away with the criminal element of society...and then things will change.  It begins and ends with a huge and I mean HUGE shakeup of the Judiciary in this country...but...sigh...it will never happen...so I'll just dream on.

Most ridiculous for those who have an interest in "disappearing" guns I wager.

about me

#161    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Most ridiculous for those who have an interest in "disappearing" guns I wager.
The 'disappearing' guns are in fact guns that are sold into the black market.  How do you deal with the black market gun trade?  How is any of that affected by telling me that I have to have my next door neighbor have an FBI check before I can sell him my gun?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#162    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 03 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

No, I am not, because fast and furious is hardly the source of the 60k+ guns the Mexican authorities have rounded up in the last years, where we have not yet counted the 2-3000 that are illegally smuggled to Puerto Rico every year nor the thousands that end up everywhere on the continent.

about me

#163    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

The 'disappearing' guns are in fact guns that are sold into the black market.  How do you deal with the black market gun trade?  How is any of that affected by telling me that I have to have my next door neighbor have an FBI check before I can sell him my gun?

By holding those accountable that sell their guns there. For that you need to know who the last legal owner was and whether this legal owner can show that it was illegally taken from him.

about me

#164    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

No, I am not, because fast and furious is hardly the source of the 60k+ guns the Mexican authorities have rounded up in the last years, where we have not yet counted the 2-3000 that are illegally smuggled to Puerto Rico every year nor the thousands that end up everywhere on the continent.
Sounds like your making a case for more Border Control.   I agree with you! :tu:

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#165    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

By holding those accountable that sell their guns there. For that you need to know who the last legal owner was and whether this legal owner can show that it was illegally taken from him.
I have to go clean out the garage...I agree...Border Control...not Gun Control.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users