Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 3 votes

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#91    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 30 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

You are a very short sighted individual, and I am glad that you are not a citizen of this country.  If our founding fathers had your vision, we would still care what the monarchs of England are doing.  The great military went against Vietnam, and lost.  They currently still have trouble with unorganized terrorist groups.  So with that said, in our own backyard.... Yeah, we still have a chance.

You didn't even factor in the defectors of the military in the case of a civil war.  Plus, don't underestimate some of the 'toys' people have.

I don't know why everybody keeps on comparing apples with pears here. If I were a former Vietcong fighter I would feel offended to be compared with an average overweight and short of breath American gun owner that tries to play Django taking on the government in a totally uncoordinated fashion. I know, I know, founding fathers, continental army and all that, but show me one of them grossly overweight and incapable of climbing ten flights of stairs without turning blue in the face.

Guys, take a look in the mirror before trying to act like Pancho Villa.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#92    RadicalGnostic

RadicalGnostic

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• We are all children of the same Universe.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

My question is:  How many round does it take to kill the bear that wants you and the deer for dinner?  Dragging a fresh kill leaves a blood trail for the bears to follow, if they don't show up right away after the sound of the round.

My answer:  Hunting rifles should have a maximum 15 round clip, and handguns should have a maximum 9 round clip.  Perhaps cities could have their own maximums, since many cities never see bears?

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

Posted Image

#93    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

I don't know why everybody keeps on comparing apples with pears here. If I were a former Vietcong fighter I would feel offended to be compared with an average overweight and short of breath American gun owner that tries to play Django taking on the government in a totally uncoordinated fashion. I know, I know, founding fathers, continental army and all that, but show me one of them grossly overweight and incapable of climbing ten flights of stairs without turning blue in the face.

Guys, take a look in the mirror before trying to act like Pancho Villa.

Ok, I just got done taking a look in the mirror.  Weird, I'm not grossly overweight, and I can climb 10+ flights of stairs without turning blue in the face.

Funny how stereotypes are unacceptable until one thinks it helps prove their point.  Even more funny, it wasn't true.

#94    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

We got the criminals  too.

http://www.earlyamer....com/publishing
Ah, so THAT'S why the Wild West was so wild! (Just trying to inject a little humor, lol)

Posted Image

#95    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Unless you can provide a link or fact that says the constitution specifically the 2nd Amendment is not there to protect us from foreign invaders and a Tyrranical government if necessary by the use of force.

show me in the text of the constitution where it says any of that.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#96    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 30 January 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

You are a very short sighted individual, and I am glad that you are not a citizen of this country.  If our founding fathers had your vision, we would still care what the monarchs of England are doing.  The great military went against Vietnam, and lost.  They currently still have trouble with unorganized terrorist groups.  So with that said, in our own backyard.... Yeah, we still have a chance.

You didn't even factor in the defectors of the military in the case of a civil war.  Plus, don't underestimate some of the 'toys' people have.

Instead of being a complete retard and trying ( not very well ) to insult me , why not answer some of my questions ?

What is going to happen to your country if indeed it turns to civil war ?

Where does that leave you on the world stage ?

What will happen to your economy ?

Tip.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#97    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Posttipotep, on 31 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Instead of being a complete retard and trying ( not very well ) to insult me , why not answer some of my questions ?

Tip.

1)  I don't know, and neither do you
2)  I don't know, and neither do you
3)  I don't know, and neither do you

The difference between you and I?  I don't claim to know, and despite how big the bully is, I'm not one who gets scared and surrenders.

So, as you like to call someone to come protect you, I prefer not to rely on others.

Edited by green_dude777, 31 January 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#98    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 30 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

That's the word of some.
Idiots?  Yea I agree..

Saying those that believe in GOD don't believe in violence is barking up the wrong tree.  All religions are violent. History proves that.   

How ironic.  That comes from the religion that preaches peace and forgiveness lol . Those believers in god that don't like violence, because they believe in other answers, are wrong and just not doing it right..   Fred Phelps would say the exact same I'll bet ...IF you are not willing to be violent, then you are not a member of our "MORAL" high ground club..We invented morals, now shut up and get slaughtering, we need to have it all our way   AMEN  

Jesus isn't about non violence.

Go  on then, you copy and paste something from the NT that shows Jesus telling people  -  The best way to get what you want, is to kill people .. Use as much violence as thy can .. I want to see where Jesus has in fact told people to use violence. to get their way?.....Turn the other cheek  actually means - Turn the other cheek so I can slap it too !!

It's that the government fears those that believe in Jesus.  I believe that is probably because those that believe in Jesus, also believes in the Constitution to the letter and that is a threat to what this Administration is trying to do to usurp it.  That's the issue.  Believing in Jesus is just a red herring.

So those who also wish to take a stand against the same government and are gun owners  who DON'T believe in your Jesus, are not really much of a threat?  

Bingo!

You post up - Bingo, right under my quote that said - It has nothing to do with god it's to do with the people..  And you were the one bringing god into this thread thinking god has something to do with it.  

Where GOD stands has nothing to do with this.
I know but you brought god into this anyway..  !!!

I don't think that is the case.  This is a violent world.  That's the way it was designed.
Why would god design it to be violent?

Those that face it are more than likely putting their faith in GOD and dealing with it.

So, those who don't believe in god, but face it and deal with it, are stronger people? I see,  well I guess they are.. Because according to you, only those that face it are likely to be putting their faith into god, so obviously they need a crutch, something  to guide them, and most of them wound up hurt and killed over time.. The millions and millions of Christians over time, who have faced it and lost, millions and millions of which were killed,  must of put their faith in god ..but it failed..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 31 January 2013 - 12:52 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#99    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 31 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

1)  I don't know, and neither do you
2)  I don't know, and neither do you
3)  I don't know, and neither do you

The difference between you and I?  I don't claim to know, and despite how big the bully is, I'm not one who gets scared and surrenders.

So, as you like to call someone to come protect you, I prefer not to rely on others.

What a load of crap , you obviously haven't read my posts .

I own guns , I dont need anyone to come and help me but .... nice assumption .

Now run along and read my posts again and then reply , maybe you wont look so stupid  , im not against guns by any stretch just every day citizens owning machine guns .

TiP.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#100    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Posttipotep, on 31 January 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

What a load of crap , you obviously haven't read my posts .

I own guns , I dont need anyone to come and help me but .... nice assumption .

Now run along and read my posts again and then reply , maybe you wont look so stupid  , im not against guns by any stretch just every day citizens owning machine guns .

TiP.

I find it ironic that you complained about an insult in a previous post (one that wasn't to be found).

Also, if you were educated in what actually does happen across the pond, you would know every day citizens don't own machine guns.

#101    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 30 January 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Here's another angle: God isn't in my life at all, when I stand my ground, it's out of principle; not because of or have anything to do with any imaginary figure(s).

Exactly, and there are many more like you.. I am sure lots of non believers will be willing to stand their ground and fight for their rights too..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#102    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 31 January 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

I find it ironic that you complained about an insult in a previous post (one that wasn't to be found).

Also, if you were educated in what actually does happen across the pond, you would know every day citizens don't own machine guns.

Yes that is a pathetic attempt at an insult trying to say I can't defend myself :gun:  but nice try .

Maybe using the term machine gun was abit off , how about military style guns that are capable of shooting 20+ rounds in a short time . Is this a better terminology ?

Now I will ask again , and no I don't claim to know the answer ....

How do YOU see this all working out if the government enforce the laws , the across the pond opinion ?

TiP.

#103    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

"Yes that is a pathetic attempt at an insult trying to say I can't defend myself but nice try .

Maybe using the term machine gun was abit off , how about military style guns that are capable of shooting 20+ rounds in a short time . Is this a better terminology ?

How do YOU see this all working out if the government enforce the laws , the across the pond opinion ?

TiP."

Quite honestly, I don't know how it all plays out.

Now, what's a military style of rifle? Assault rifles? Yeah, everyday citizens don't own those either.

I think you mean the scary AR15.... That pistol grip and black finish clearly makes them a military weapon, definitely makes them more dangerous....

#104    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Are you suggesting we need a civil war. Your from Autz right ? No actually were just waiting for the line so we can turn in our guns. They havent started that program so we cant turn them in till we know we can itleast some food for our guns.

#105    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 31 January 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

"Yes that is a pathetic attempt at an insult trying to say I can't defend myself but nice try .

TiP."

Quite honestly, I don't know how it all plays out.

Now, what's a military style of rifle? Assault rifles? Yeah, everyday citizens don't own those either.

I think you mean the scary AR15.... That pistol grip and black finish clearly makes them a military weapon, definitely makes them more dangerous....

More dangerous than what ? a pellet gun ?

Any gun is dangerous but something that can launch 20 + bullets from 1 magazine is not IMO what the " average " citizen needs .

TiP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users