Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bethesda

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,764 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

View Post_Only, on 01 February 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

They don't have to. They do so because they enjoy doing it. You're being a bit dramatic.

They don't. But being a hugely successful game with a huge loyal fan base it would make sense to continue support for the game. Unless you are unaware they made over a million sales of the horse armour dlc which sold for $0.99 each. So over a million dollars on one dlc and more of an incentive to release more patches. Not to mention all the other dlcs they've released afterwards as well as another expansion.

#17    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• It's a secret to everybody.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Despite all of that, anyone sign up for the beta of Elder Scrolls Online?  I wasn't too into the idea until they actually released more info on it, so when I heard sign ups for beta were open I jumped on it.

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postdraugr, on 04 February 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Despite all of that, anyone sign up for the beta of Elder Scrolls Online?  I wasn't too into the idea until they actually released more info on it, so when I heard sign ups for beta were open I jumped on it.

I was seriously thinking about it,though if i did i might not ever get anything done at work haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 04 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I was seriously thinking about it,though if i did i might not ever get anything done at work haha

That's me, lol.  I'm going to just have to kiss whatever social life I have goodbye if I get picked.

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,386 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Postdraugr, on 04 February 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

That's me, lol.  I'm going to just have to kiss whatever social life I have goodbye if I get picked.

You know if they are still letting people sign up?Guess i can check it out and see,i almost forgot about it was a while back when i had heard they were going to do this

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#21    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 04 February 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

You know if they are still letting people sign up?Guess i can check it out and see,i almost forgot about it was a while back when i had heard they were going to do this

Yeah, it's still open:  Sign ups

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

View Postdraugr, on 04 February 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yeah, it's still open:  Sign ups

Thanks,just signed up

#23    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I really love Skyrim but i am one of those people that when walking from point A to Point B cant help but stop and enter the cave on the side of the road.
After killing everything in side you realize that later in the game you are stuck with a quest you cant complete because you already killed someone you needed.
I wish they would find a way to NOT load quest items in the locations until you receive the quest.
This way i can kill everything in sight and go back later and still complete the quest as its intended.

#24    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

As a warning, stay away from Might and Magic Heroes 6.
Ubisoft absolutely refuses to fix the problem with NVIDIA video card driver incompatibility and the game is completely unplayable.
I purchased it back in Sept 2012 and have not had 5 minutes of game time.
Read the forums on it before you buy.
Theres Bugs, then theres incompetence.
Ubisoft is the latter.

#25    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Fallout and Skyrim kept my interest big time until I beat both games and found they had very little replayable value to me.

I am going to pick up Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY Edition tomorrow and hope it maintains replay value but expect it will give me alot of hours of play that Fallout and Skyrim did.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#26    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 10 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Fallout and Skyrim kept my interest big time until I beat both games and found they had very little replayable value to me.

I am going to pick up Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY Edition tomorrow and hope it maintains replay value but expect it will give me alot of hours of play that Fallout and Skyrim did.

The beauty of those games is that if you like the game and have a good enough imagination, you can create your own games inside of the game, with almost unlimited opportunity for things to do. Well, a healthy imagination, or at least a bit of insanity. I'm reminded of players mentioning their Fallout 3 "garbage man" runs, setting out in the wasteland with the sole purpose of picking up every single bit of trash/debris in every area, and bringing it back to their home or the junkyard. A truly thankless job that takes a special kind of player. It's a living.

I could play the game through multiple times the same way each time and still enjoy it myself, to be honest.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#27    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Post_Only, on 10 February 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

The beauty of those games is that if you like the game and have a good enough imagination, you can create your own games inside of the game, with almost unlimited opportunity for things to do. Well, a healthy imagination, or at least a bit of insanity. I'm reminded of players mentioning their Fallout 3 "garbage man" runs, setting out in the wasteland with the sole purpose of picking up every single bit of trash/debris in every area, and bringing it back to their home or the junkyard. A truly thankless job that takes a special kind of player. It's a living.

I could play the game through multiple times the same way each time and still enjoy it myself, to be honest.

That's definitely being creative. I beat Fallout 3 and Skyrim twice each, after that I had my fill because I got sick of killing the same baddies over and over again, and the landscapes and quests werent much different than the last landscapes and quests I last completed. Wash, rinse, repeat effect. The same fallout mutants, the same Draugrs, the same bandits got to be overbearing and intolerable.

I am trading in Far Cry Instincts Predator and getting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game Of The Year Edition today. I have never played it before. I have tried Far Cry 1 & 2 and cant say I am impressed at all with either especially with the lack of instant save. But that is another story entirely.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#28    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 31 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

I don't know why people are complaining about bugs. Games will always have them. I've found a good few in Mass Effect 3 and it in no way decreases my enjoyment of the game because I know that perfection with computer code is a near impossibility.

Not only this, but Rockstar just set back the date for GTAV by almost 6 months so they could work out kinks, and they abuse they've received has been horrible. The pressure most developers are under to produce a product as fast as possible can almost be overwhelming.

A few bugs is one thing.  I can completely understand that.  But when the bugs are so bad that you have to unplug your console from the wall in order to turn it off and reset.....that's an entirely different animal.

So if one of these bugs decides to take out my Xbox, I think I've got a right to complain.

Edited by MedicTJ, 11 February 2013 - 02:11 AM.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users