Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hackers that make you go Hmmm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Possible 105 years Federal time for the following. Oh and a new term is coined: Sextortion

http://www.securityw...sextortion-case

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,297 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

When will people finally *get it* that nothing ((photos/conversation/information) they put online is private? Taking a giant billboard and loading it up with photos, chit chat, personal information about yourself, then placing it in the most visible part of your town will give you less exposure than something like Facebook.

There's an old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted". I have a saying for the 21st century, "A fool and his privacy are soon parted".

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,552 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Lilly, on 30 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

When will people finally *get it* that nothing ((photos/conversation/information) they put online is private? Taking a giant billboard and loading it up with photos, chit chat, personal information about yourself, then placing it in the most visible part of your town will give you less exposure than something like Facebook.

There's an old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted". I have a saying for the 21st century, "A fool and his privacy are soon parted".
He hacked into people's accounts and pretended to be them.

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Ill take the other side of this just for the debate. he got online and conned women to take women to take there clothes off and took pictures of them doing it. (Not uncommon). The hacking of nude photos off there computers does seem to be malicious or devious certainly but the guys looking at over 100 years in federal prison.

Does this projected punishment fit the crime ?

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,820 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

In this age there is no privacy if "they" want to know about you.  They have subpoena power, all sorts of listening and watching devices, and no end of willing spies.  The best defense is to be of no interest.

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,450 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

... dude's name is Karen.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,297 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Rlyeh, on 30 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

He hacked into people's accounts and pretended to be them.

I'm told it's incredibly simple (first year IT major could do it) to hack into a Facebook account. Knowing this why would anyone post 'naughty' pixs of themself that someone else could use to blackmail them? Sure the hacker committed a crime, but there's such a thing as being careful about ones private information in the first place.

Edited by Lilly, 31 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.
I can't spell

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users