Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-113955592.html

#2    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Could be Chemical weapons being transported to Lebanon

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Id imagine the peace talks with Hezbelloah are off the table for the moment. But Im damn naive to the politics over there.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

This, combined with the possible strike in Fordow and it looks like things may be heating up big time in the region.  If they were trying to sneak out chemical weapons for the hezzies then it just got very dangerous there.  The world may not give two shakes of a bunny's tail whether Hezbullah hits Israel with chemicals but the day someone GASSES Jewish citizens again everyone is going to have their attention sharply refocused by Tel Aviv.  Yep, dangerous.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Id imagine the peace talks with Hezbelloah are off the table for the moment. But Im damn naive to the politics over there.

Last I heard Hezbelloah had no interest in peace talks. The two sides have just been ignoring each other somewhat until it's time for their next dance.

Anyway Israel needs to be very, very careful here. Bad enough that they're violating another nation's airspace but Syria is a real mess right now. Though sounds like the strike was a good thing all told. Damn odd that weapons would be leaving an area gripped in a civil war.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Ill admit. From the days of the Gulf War 2 theres been a group of biological weapons "on the move". But itleast they havent been used over that time. Us constantly trying to destroy them isnt helping that likelihood of restraint.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ill admit. From the days of the Gulf War 2 theres been a group of biological weapons "on the move". But itleast they havent been used over that time. Us constantly trying to destroy them isnt helping that likelihood of restraint.
The only restraint that is likely is bought by the assurance they would be quickly decimated for using them.  These folks don't do kindness.  
On a brighter note, though it seems that Israel was striking advanced anti aircraft missiles and anti tank missiles in that convoy, NOT chemical weapons.  So that is better.  Had the shipment been chemical weapons it  would mean Assad was about to fall I think.
http://www.washingto...d5ee_story.html

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#8    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Again,  Israel only exists because of violence.  Attacking yet another nation who hasn't attacked them.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

View Postacidhead, on 31 January 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Again,  Israel only exists because of violence.  Attacking yet another nation who hasn't attacked them.
Remember back in the old days, when the country that attacked the other country was the bad guy?   That was weird huh?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postacidhead, on 31 January 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

In other words, you have gobbled up islamist propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Bon appetit.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#11    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Israel simply wants to keep out Syrian WMDs out of the hands of Hizbollah in Lebanon.
The more the Western-supported Jihad against the Assad regime gains ground, the bigger this danger becomes, so there will be more actions like this.

Those who want to place blame need not to look further than the Obama government and other Western governments who are supporting the Muslim Brotherhood/Al Quaeda rebellion against Assad.

Edited by Zaphod222, 31 January 2013 - 07:59 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,103 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

few more stories/different sources etc..

Two killed, five injured in Israeli airstrike on Syrian research center:

http://www.presstv.i...lls-2-in-syria/

Syria: IAF Struck Military Research Center Near Damascus

http://www.israelnat...49#.UQoq0fJOErh

Israel enters the civil war in Syria

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.500437

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Syrians need to end their civil conflict, join sides, and defend themselves against Israel.

Unsure what And Then is bragging about. Thinking Israel is this big country no one can mess with or else seems brutish. As if being the biggest muscle bound bully is something to take pride in. Truth is Israel is more William Shatner, a short dude walking around with his chest puffed out.

#14    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostI believe you, on 31 January 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Syrians need to end their civil conflict, join sides, and defend themselves against Israel.

Unsure what And Then is bragging about. Thinking Israel is this big country no one can mess with or else seems brutish. As if being the biggest muscle bound bully is something to take pride in. Truth is Israel is more William Shatner, a short dude walking around with his chest puffed out.
Israel would rip them apart, sorry

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

Aristotle

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostI believe you, on 31 January 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

You are seriously into projection aren't you?  Israel doesn't need me or anyone else to "brag" about their abilities.  But if you understood me you'd know that I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so.  That is the beginning and end of it for me.  I don't idolize Israelis nor do I think they are better than other human beings.  But I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him - in my book that's just dumb.  Try to keep your dislike of Israel from tainting me so much if you can.  But as far as what they can do - are you serious?  They are far from being superman but I kid you not, if they ever go all out with no restraint MINUS NUKES they would absolutely trash all their neighbors in a matter of a couple of weeks, tops.  They don't do it because they value life - regardless the world opinion of them.  And what they want is to live in peace on their own land.  And it IS their land.  The deed is in the book of Genesis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users