Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)


  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,931 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so.  That is the beginning and end of it for me.  I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him    And what they want is to live in peace on their own land.  And it IS their land.  The deed is in the book of Genesis.
The history doesn't support this belief.  The tribes that God brokered a land deal for aren't any more traceable to the people from Europe you're associating with Israel today than the indigenous people who already lived there that you support uprooting and casting out.  Palestinians are the children of Jerusalem, not these white-European nationalist transplants   Moreover, when looking back at historical accounts of this region, it's been one big letdown after another if we're to expect God to keep "Israel" (to you, meaning "The Jews") safe.  The Roman Empire nearly exterminated the Jews numerous times.  God did not keep them safe in the Biblical lands worth a damn.  Most of the time, he kept them dead, approaching extinction levels.  If God did such a lousy job, why should US government subsidization be expected to do any better?

So, the history and genealogy both suggest your beliefs are wrong, but what does the religion say?   There too lies a problem inherent in your stated position.   If it's religious belief that matters, then as a self-proclaimed Christian, how could you believe that God would grant special favors to the people who deny His only son, the Messiah?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#17    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

You are seriously into projection aren't you?  Israel doesn't need me or anyone else to "brag" about their abilities.  But if you understood me you'd know that I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so.  That is the beginning and end of it for me.  I don't idolize Israelis nor do I think they are better than other human beings.  But I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him - in my book that's just dumb.  Try to keep your dislike of Israel from tainting me so much if you can.  But as far as what they can do - are you serious?  They are far from being superman but I kid you not, if they ever go all out with no restraint MINUS NUKES they would absolutely trash all their neighbors in a matter of a couple of weeks, tops.  They don't do it because they value life - regardless the world opinion of them.  And what they want is to live in peace on their own land.  And it IS their land.  The deed is in the book of Genesis.

You misunderstood my William Shatner reference and he really does walk like that. Thing is I am unsure if he can fight. I know Israel can. It is the attitude they have in common.

It is not as impressive as you think that Israel can destroy their neighbors. They have already began. What they lack is the ability to compromise. Any toddler can use his size to dominate other toddlers but it takes an adult to compromise.

Also your prophecy already has a fail rate. Look at Russia, oh they had a little trouble but they still stand after they treated Jews horribly.

What about Visgothic Spain? They had so many laws crafted against Jews. Oh, did God send the Muslims to take them down over it? Did God curse the Visigoths who reconquered their land back as Spaniards and still remain in power today?

Did God destroy England and France? They too persecuted Jews.

God is not going to destroy Israel's neighbors and if anything God will answer their prayers to stop Israel from causing more terror.

Also your whole view of why you support Israel is a view that has disproportionately had staying power due to America supporting them. That view, your view, is waning. And this is why people who hold your view are not going to be at the table of negotiations because wen it comes to settling peace there will be no room for Christian fundamentalist at the table since they have no real stake in the territories other than some Christian mythology.




#18    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,870 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Iranian media have said that Israel will face quiescence. Though I am not sure how Iran will plan out such response.


#19    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,615 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostI believe you, on 31 January 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

You misunderstood my William Shatner reference and he really does walk like that. Thing is I am unsure if he can fight. I know Israel can. It is the attitude they have in common.

It is not as impressive as you think that Israel can destroy their neighbors. They have already began. What they lack is the ability to compromise. Any toddler can use his size to dominate other toddlers but it takes an adult to compromise.

Also your prophecy already has a fail rate. Look at Russia, oh they had a little trouble but they still stand after they treated Jews horribly.

What about Visgothic Spain? They had so many laws crafted against Jews. Oh, did God send the Muslims to take them down over it? Did God curse the Visigoths who reconquered their land back as Spaniards and still remain in power today?

Did God destroy England and France? They too persecuted Jews.

God is not going to destroy Israel's neighbors and if anything God will answer their prayers to stop Israel from causing more terror.

Also your whole view of why you support Israel is a view that has disproportionately had staying power due to America supporting them. That view, your view, is waning. And this is why people who hold your view are not going to be at the table of negotiations because wen it comes to settling peace there will be no room for Christian fundamentalist at the table since they have no real stake in the territories other than some Christian mythology.
I accept that your opinion is as valid as my own from a secular POV.  Time will tell though.  And for the record, I never desired a "place at the table".  I am an observer of these things.  Those who have not already cast their lot as Israel haters will have an opportunity to find the truth once these things begin to happen - as you rightly point out, they will be against almost all odds when they happen.  Since they will leave people thunderstruck (and a little upset in some cases :), it will be easier to point to scripture and show that indeed God IS real and so some will be saved who otherwise would not have been.  But those will be few because the pride of a man keeps him from admitting when he is wrong - except in the rarest of cases.  Part of the whole concept of Israel being a called out and chosen nation is just so God CAN demonstrate to an unbelieving world His power.  I believe that Isaiah 17 is imminent.  And Psalm 83 as well.  But I am no scholar and I could be completely wrong on timing and sequence.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#20    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,615 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 31 January 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Iranian media have said that Israel will face quiescence. Though I am not sure how Iran will plan out such response.
That word means a state of quiet.  I'm not trying to insult you, I just don't understand your use of that word here.  Did you mean consequences?  And if so then that might be the proof that Israel DID cause an explosion at the Fordow facility.  If they did, that is amazing to me.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,870 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

That word means a state of quiet.  I'm not trying to insult you, I just don't understand your use of that word here.  Did you mean consequences?  And if so then that might be the proof that Israel DID cause an explosion at the Fordow facility.  If they did, that is amazing to me.
Yeah consequences, some reason it changed when i typed.


#22    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,656 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

This just looks like Israel are trying other means to go to war with Iran. With Iran and Syria's mutual defence treaty, Iran are legally obligated to come to the aid of Syria. Israel would finally have the war they so desperately seek.

Can anyone think of another county that is allowed to attack another nation without UN approval and with no repercussions? Israel os a rogue state, by definition.


#23    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I accept that your opinion is as valid as my own from a secular POV.  Time will tell though.  And for the record, I never desired a "place at the table".  I am an observer of these things.  Those who have not already cast their lot as Israel haters will have an opportunity to find the truth once these things begin to happen - as you rightly point out, they will be against almost all odds when they happen.  Since they will leave people thunderstruck (and a little upset in some cases :), it will be easier to point to scripture and show that indeed God IS real and so some will be saved who otherwise would not have been.  But those will be few because the pride of a man keeps him from admitting when he is wrong - except in the rarest of cases.  Part of the whole concept of Israel being a called out and chosen nation is just so God CAN demonstrate to an unbelieving world His power.  I believe that Isaiah 17 is imminent.  And Psalm 83 as well.  But I am no scholar and I could be completely wrong on timing and sequence.

Thank you for accepting my view as valid even if you do not fully recognize it, if you did you would know I am against bullies and this is what Israel seems like to me. I know your response that they are surrounded by enemies on the edge of destruction, I disagree, but that response does not recognize a bully is a bully regardless of reasons. The way they harm others does not make me and others feel good. It is not justified. My God does not justify that.

Keep in mind even if you stated my view is a secular one, I am a Christian and worldwide I would guess that more Christians adopt the secular view, as you labeled it, and not the fundamentalist view.

You can label those who do not feel good about Israeli agression as "Israel haters" but that is not exactly accurate and a gross generalization. Some are "agression haters" period.

I used to believe in the prophecies in the same manner as you, I know your view, sadly you do not recognize mine but thanks again for at least stating it was valid even as I know the fundamentalist view is diminishing and I have no issues with further margianalizing it because our world will be more stable when it no longer has cache, soon.

For me God's awesome power is in helping others. When it is unleashed humanity is healed. This includes Palestinians and Israelis.

Your view is different and is about destruction of others.

It would seem to me that throughout the history of Christianity more Christians have seen God as a force of stablization not destruction and the the fundamnetalist view regarding prophecies is a fairly recent innovation and it won't last long. I mean Israel will have to make peace with her neighbors, nothing is going to happen horribly, and people will move on knowing prophecies as politicized and interpreted by fundamentalist were bunk.

Edited by I believe you, 31 January 2013 - 03:22 PM.


#24    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 11,925 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Retaliation next?   This from the BBC

"Syria has formally complained to the United Nations over a reported Israeli attack within its borders. Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday, killing two people and wounding five.

It denied reports that lorries carrying weapons bound for Lebanon were hit. Russia has called the attack unacceptable, while a Syrian official and Iranian deputy minister have suggested there could be retaliation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21281923

Bet they wont tho!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#25    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

  And it IS their land.  The deed is in the book of Genesis.

Since when did a Mythical fairy tale become a legal document..

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#26    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Retaliation next?   This from the BBC

"Syria has formally complained to the United Nations over a reported Israeli attack within its borders. Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday, killing two people and wounding five.

It denied reports that lorries carrying weapons bound for Lebanon were hit. Russia has called the attack unacceptable, while a Syrian official and Iranian deputy minister have suggested there could be retaliation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21281923

Bet they wont tho!

Assad knows how the script ends, any leader from Milosevic to Saddam who thumb their nose at the globalists and demand their sovereignity instead of taking orders from UN and NATO have their nations destabalized and power transfered to more agreeable leaders.

Assad could very well use this opportunity to attack Israel and draw in others in the region into a larger conflict as a last ditch effort to hold onto his own personal power amidst the chaos.

The chaos is the only thing that could disrupt the script where leaders who don't tow the "internationalist" line are removed in long order, a few sanctions, a few bombings, then send in the peace keepers.

Sovereignity no longer exists, I am not saying it is a bad or good thing, I am just saying it is. Assad can see the writing on the wall. He should just retire in Russia, I would.

Edited by I believe you, 31 January 2013 - 07:19 PM.


#27    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 23,244 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostI believe you, on 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Assad knows how the script ends, any leader from Milosevic to Saddam who thumb their nose at the globalists and demand their sovereignity instead of taking orders from UN and NATO have their nations destabalized and power transfered to more agreeable leaders.

Assad could very well use this opportunity to attack Israel and draw in others in the region into a larger conflict as a last ditch effort to hold onto his own personal power amidst the chaos.

The chaos is the only thing that could disrupt the script where leaders who don't tow the "internationalist" line are removed in long order, a few sanctions, a few bombings, then send in the peace keepers.

Sovereignity no longer exists, I am not saying it is a bad or good thing, I am just saying it is. Assad can see the writing on the wall. He should just retire in Russia, I would.


Milosevic wasn’t brought to International court in Hague because he was some hero of anti-globalism, he was anti-civilization if there’s anything anti- that we should necessarily label him with.

Putting that freak into any other context than the only context there was - ethnic cleansing of territories he wanted to assimilate into Greater Serbia and rule over them -  is insulting to his victims. And to me personally.


One thing I agree with, Assad should join Milosevics in Russia, since they are apparently willing to house various failed führers and their offspring.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 31 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#28    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Milosevic wasn’t brought to International court in Hague because he was some hero of anti-globalism, he was anti-civilization if there’s anything anti- that we should necessarily label him with.

Putting that freak into any other context than the only context there was - ethnic cleansing of territories he wanted to assimilate into Greater Serbia and rule over them -  is insulting to his victims. And to me personally.


One thing I agree with, Assad should join Milosevics in Russia, since they are apparently willing to house various failed führers and their offspring.

When it comes to civilization do recall that Serbs were using forks while other European royalty were still eating with their hands and that the Catholic church for years frowned on the fork.


#29    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,870 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostI believe you, on 31 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

When it comes to civilization do recall that Serbs were using forks while other European royalty were still eating with their hands and that the Catholic church for years frowned on the fork.
what does that mean?


#30    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,931 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 31 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Since when did a Mythical fairy tale become a legal document..
Since Zionist Israel.  

There are many lame excuses for inhumanity, but none of them are as dumb as this one.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users