Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strict Gun Laws in Chicago Can’t Stem Shootin

questionmark

CHICAGO — Not a single gun shop can be found in this city because they are outlawed. Handguns were banned in Chicago for decades, too, until 2010, when the United States Supreme Court ruled that was going too far, leading city leaders to settle for restrictions some describe as the closest they could get legally to a ban without a ban. Despite a continuing legal fight, Illinois remains the only state in the nation with no provision to let private citizens carry guns in public.

And yet Chicago, a city with no civilian gun ranges and bans on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, finds itself laboring to stem a flood of gun violence that contributed to more than 500 homicides last year and at least 40 killings already in 2013, including a fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl on Tuesday.

To gun rights advocates, the city provides stark evidence that even some of the toughest restrictions fail to make places safer. “The gun laws in Chicago only restrict the law-abiding citizens and they’ve essentially made the citizens prey,” said Richard A. Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association. To gun control proponents, the struggles here underscore the opposite — a need for strict, uniform national gun laws to eliminate the current patchwork of state and local rules that allow guns to flow into this city from outside.

Read more

And, as I said many times, here the evidence, insular laws lead nowhere.

And if you wonder where the guns come from, here a map of successful gun traces. Basically the good old Jersey trick.

Enacting more laws doesn't stop law breakers from breaking laws?!

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

“The gun laws in Chicago only restrict the law-abiding citizens and they’ve essentially made the citizens prey,” -Richard A. Pearson

:o nowai

• Like 5

I will give you some credit question at least you validate and try to at least have a conversation and some decent ideas when you present things,unlike ninja who puts complete garbage out and acts like his way is the only way.I might not always agree with what you say,but at least you act like a adult and not some spoiled child not getting his way.Credit to you sir

• Like 2

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

“The gun laws in Chicago only restrict the law-abiding citizens and they’ve essentially made the citizens prey,” -Richard A. Pearson

I have said the same things hasina,but atleast he is trying to get people to see his point and not trying to force it lol

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

The German maxim (What is not allowed cannot be) dfoes not even work in Germany.

I will give you some credit question at least you validate and try to at least have a conversation and some decent ideas when you present things,unlike ninja who puts complete garbage out and acts like his way is the only way.I might not always agree with what you say,but at least you act like a adult and not some spoiled child not getting his way.Credit to you sir

Well, guess what? I have an opinion (mostly based on facts), sometimes I even get paid to have an opinion. And I don't care if anybody cheers and applauds.

Well, guess what? I have an opinion (mostly based on facts), sometimes I even get paid to have an opinion. And I don't care if anybody cheers and applauds.

Well its everyones right to have an opinion,do not really care if you get paid for it or not.Opinions are like *ssholes everyone has one.Was just trying to give you a bit of credit i care not to cheer or applaude your "facts"

• Like 1

Well its everyones right to have an opinion,do not really care if you get paid for it or not.Opinions are like *ssholes everyone has one.Was just trying to give you a bit of credit i care not to cheer or applaude your "facts"

I know, I know, but you are not the only one around here who would rather die than think... you are in good company.

I know, I know, but you are not the only one around here who would rather die than think... you are in good company.

No i think all the time and so does my good company,we just dont let the gov think for us.

• Like 3

*Sighs deeply.* Some people refuse to see the truth, even if it is staring them in the face. I preached this for years and years, but they seem to can't get it through their thick skulls. You seeing the effects of completely banning guns from a state? It isn't going to stop the gun violence, it is going to explode, quite the opposite of what they were hoping for. There is no resistance, there is no force that can stop criminals, there is no way an person can protect themselves from the criminals. All they have to do is get the guns from black markets or step outside of the state to get a gun. They will find a way to get a weapon regardless of what laws are implanted.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 5

*Sighs deeply.* Some people refuse to see the truth, even if it is staring them in the face. I preached this for years and years, but they seem to can't get it through their thick skulls. You seeing the effects of completely banning guns from a state? It isn't going to stop the gun violence, it is going to explode, quite the opposite of what they were hoping for. There is no resistance, there is no force that can stop criminals, there is no way an person can protect themselves from the criminals. All they have to do is get the guns from black markets or step outside of the state to get a gun. They will find a way to get a weapon regardless of what laws are implanted.

Agreed,even when you try to be pleasant and have a grown up conversation with them you get some smart*ss little quip and useless trumped up "facts" i will just stick to talking to people who believe in thinking and being responsible for themselves without gov interferance.

• Like 1

And if you wonder where the guns come from, here a map of successful gun traces. Basically the good old Jersey trick.

So by insular are you saying that gun's being ilegal in one city are proven to be ineffective therefore they should be made ilegal everywhere to be effective?

If so your logic is probably sound although I don't agree with the idea.

edit for: Jersey trick?

Edited by OverSword

So by insular are you saying that gun's being ilegal in one city are proven to be ineffective therefore they should be made ilegal everywhere to be effective?

If so your logic is probably sound although I don't agree with the idea.

edit for: Jersy trick?

when in New York handguns were forbidden one used to take the ferry from Manhattan to Jersey and within a block of the landing there used to be a gun store (maybe is still there), you bought your gun and took the ferry back home.

As for banning guns everywhere, also leads nowhere. We need gun control.

that is another lie, handguns are not forbiden in ny, and you can't bring handgun interstate, and you could not buy a gun in nyc unl;ess you had nyc permit, wich nj residents would not get. same true vise versa

lol, if you gonna b.s. someone about ny, make sure they are not from ny.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

va_sign_1.gif

• Like 4

that is another lie, handguns are not forbiden in ny, and you can't bring handgun interstate, and you could not buy a gun in nyc unl;ess you had nyc permit, wich nj residents would not get.

lol, if you gonna b.s. someone about ny, make sure they are not from ny.

Since the revamping of the law in 98, yes you are right. Now check the 70s and 80s.

i live in nyc on and off since 1992, at no point in time guns were forbiden, only more restrictions, on carrying especially. even now you can get cary permit if you in certain group.

but since you wanna go back few years, lets go back to 40s and 50s, kids had shooting class in school, they brought their own rifles, to school, kept them in their lockers, they had rifles with them on the train in nyc, and no one was bothered by armed kids on the train, nor streets, almost everyone carried handguns back than, the crime rate was way lower. and no one in school was hurt buy those guns, intentially at least.

i know few guys who are in their 80's and still have not lost their marbles, i know how it has been before. but you are welcome to tell me alternate history. lol

• Like 1

i live in nyc on and off since 1992, at no point in time guns were forbiden, only more restrictions, on carrying especially. even now you can get cary permit if you in certain group.

but since you wanna go back few years, lets go back to 40s and 50s, kids had shooting class in school, they brought their own rifles, to school, kept them in their lockers, they had rifles with them on the train in nyc, and no one was bothered by armed kids on the train, nor streets, almost everyone carried handguns back than, the crime rate was way lower. and no one in school was hurt buy those guns, intentially at least.

i know few guys who are in their 80's and still have not lost their marbles, i know how it has been before. but you are welcome to tell me alternate history. lol

At no point after the 70s could anybody who wanted a handgun just buy one before '98 in New York City because the purchase permits were handled very restrictively. But as you know everything you may want to tell us the documents you had to bring at the time to the cops to get a handgun.

Or don't you know as much as you pretend?

At no point after the 70s could anybody who wanted a handgun just buy one before '98 in New York City because the purchase permits were handled very restrictively. But as you know everything you may want to tell us the documents you had to bring at the time to the cops to get a handgun.

Or don't you know as much as you pretend?

bull crap. sure you could, again you have no idea what you lying talking about. it only gets more restrictive with time, not the other way around.

here knock yourself out.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/gun_licensing_faq.shtml

Edited by aztek

bull crap. sure you could, again you have no idea what you lying talking about. it only gets more restrictive with time, not the other way around.

http://www.nyc.gov/h...nsing_faq.shtml

`

So, you don't know what documents you had to bring before '98. As expected.

I think Chicago wouldn't be so bad if some of the neighborhoods weren't so scary that even the cops are afraid to go there at night. I'm pretty sure that was part of the point of blue lights. Even during the day some neighborhoods are pretty frigging scary.

`

So, you don't know what documents you had to bring before '98. As expected.

i just gave you a link, should be easy to read, no?

you proved pretty much, you have no idea what you talking about, and you just outright lie, thinking pl will just buy your hogwash

Edited by aztek

i just gave you a link, should be easy to read, no?but you proved opretty much, you have no idea what you talking about, and you just outright lie, thinking pl will just buy your hogwash

Those are the rules after '98, gun laws have changed i many places in the USA after '97 because the Supreme Court ruled some regulations, including some provisions of NYC as unconstitutional.

So again, what documents did you have to bring before '98?

The one thing we can be certain of is there will be another shooting in Chicago today.

Those are the rules after '98, gun laws have changed i many places in the USA after '97 because the Supreme Court ruled some regulations, including some provisions of NYC as unconstitutional.

So again, what documents did you have to bring before '98?

lol, considering that i got my permit in 1996, i'll pass to comment on your illusions. keep me entertained however.

• Like 1