Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strict Gun Laws in Chicago Canít Stem Shootin

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

that is another lie, handguns are not forbiden in ny, and you can't bring handgun interstate, and you could not buy a gun in nyc unl;ess you had nyc permit, wich nj residents would not get.

lol, if you gonna b.s. someone about ny, make sure they are not from ny.

Since the revamping of the law in 98, yes you are right. Now check the 70s and 80s.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

i live in nyc on and off since 1992, at no point in time guns were forbiden, only more restrictions, on carrying especially. even now you can get cary permit if you in certain group.
but since you wanna go back few years, lets go back to 40s and 50s, kids had shooting class in school, they brought their own rifles, to school, kept them in their lockers, they had rifles with them on the train in nyc, and no one was bothered by armed kids on the train, nor streets, almost everyone carried handguns back than, the crime rate was way lower. and no one in school was hurt buy those guns, intentially at least.
i know few guys who are in their 80's and still have not lost their marbles, i know how it has been before. but you are welcome to tell me alternate history. lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

i live in nyc on and off since 1992, at no point in time guns were forbiden, only more restrictions, on carrying especially. even now you can get cary permit if you in certain group.
but since you wanna go back few years, lets go back to 40s and 50s, kids had shooting class in school, they brought their own rifles, to school, kept them in their lockers, they had rifles with them on the train in nyc, and no one was bothered by armed kids on the train, nor streets, almost everyone carried handguns back than, the crime rate was way lower. and no one in school was hurt buy those guns, intentially at least.
i know few guys who are in their 80's and still have not lost their marbles, i know how it has been before. but you are welcome to tell me alternate history. lol

At no point after the 70s could anybody who wanted a handgun just buy one before '98 in New York City because the purchase permits were handled very restrictively. But as you know everything you may want to tell us the documents you had to bring at the time to the cops to get a handgun.

Or don't you know as much as you pretend?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

At no point after the 70s could anybody who wanted a handgun just buy one before '98 in New York City because the purchase permits were handled very restrictively. But as you know everything you may want to tell us the documents you had to bring at the time to the cops to get a handgun.

Or don't you know as much as you pretend?
bull crap. sure you could, again you have no idea what you lying talking about. it only gets more restrictive with time, not the other way around.

here knock yourself out.
http://www.nyc.gov/h...nsing_faq.shtml

Edited by aztek, 31 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#20    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

bull crap. sure you could, again you have no idea what you lying talking about. it only gets more restrictive with time, not the other way around.

http://www.nyc.gov/h...nsing_faq.shtml
`

So, you don't know what documents you had to bring before '98. As expected.

about me

#21    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think Chicago wouldn't be so bad if some of the neighborhoods weren't so scary that even the cops are afraid to go there at night. I'm pretty sure that was part of the point of blue lights. Even during the day some neighborhoods are pretty frigging scary.

#22    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

`

So, you don't know what documents you had to bring before '98. As expected.
i just gave you a link, should be easy to read, no?
you proved pretty much, you have no idea what you talking about, and you just outright lie, thinking pl will just buy your hogwash

Edited by aztek, 31 January 2013 - 08:24 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

i just gave you a link, should be easy to read, no?but you proved opretty much, you have no idea what you talking about, and you just outright lie, thinking pl will just buy your hogwash

Those are the rules after '98, gun laws have changed i many places in the USA after '97 because the Supreme Court ruled some regulations, including some provisions of NYC as unconstitutional.

So again, what documents did you have to bring before '98?

about me

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

The one thing we can be certain of is there will be another shooting in Chicago today.

#25    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Those are the rules after '98, gun laws have changed i many places in the USA after '97 because the Supreme Court ruled some regulations, including some provisions of NYC as unconstitutional.

So again, what documents did you have to bring before '98?
lol, considering that i got my permit in 1996, i'll pass to comment on your illusions. keep me entertained however.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Postrashore, on 31 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I think Chicago wouldn't be so bad if some of the neighborhoods weren't so scary that even the cops are afraid to go there at night. I'm pretty sure that was part of the point of blue lights. Even during the day some neighborhoods are pretty frigging scary.
Couldn't you say that about anywhere? 'It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't scary'?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#27    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

lol, considering that i got my permit in 1996, i'll pass to comment on your illusions. keep me entertained however.

You got your New York City Permit in 96 and cannot tell us what you had to bring with you to apply? Short memory?

about me

#28    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostHasina, on 31 January 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Couldn't you say that about anywhere? 'It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't scary'?
True, you could say that about anywhere. But I know in Chicago some hoods where the cops are reluctant to do their jobs because of the folks living there. It's kind of hard to take the guns away from the little nuts when you are pretty sure they will kill you just for being there.

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Todays bad scary neighborhoods that even the police are afraid to go into.....tomorrows free America.....The problem is was that they made them so bad and scary to keep the police out because the police are corrupt and only interested in being a paramiltary army..

#30    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postrashore, on 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

True, you could say that about anywhere. But I know in Chicago some hoods where the cops are reluctant to do their jobs because of the folks living there. It's kind of hard to take the guns away from the little nuts when you are pretty sure they will kill you just for being there.

View PostAsteroidX, on 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Todays bad scary neighborhoods that even the police are afraid to go into.....tomorrows free America.....The problem is was that they made them so bad and scary to keep the police out because the police are corrupt and only interested in being a paramiltary army..

Chicago's biggest problem is the corruption of the whole city since the 20s. There were always no-go areas for cops and cop precincts almost under the control of organized crime. What is necessary is to clean out the whole place starting from the political establishment, that should also take care of the violence problem. Trying to forbid guns leads nowhere.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users