Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My personal Alien abduction story.

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#121    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 01 February 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Check out this abduction video and let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube....d&v=PEs8tUoePds
I saw this video debunked on a show on, I think, The History Channel.   They reenacted it exactly.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#122    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostMerc14, on 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I saw this video debunked on a show on, I think, The History Channel.   They reenacted it exactly.
They also looked at that case on Fact or Faked

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#123    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,407 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 April 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

They also looked at that case on Fact or Faked

That is the show I saw it on as well, thanks.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#124    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

No problem!

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#125    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Has anyone eles had an Abduction by Aliens in here ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#126    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 April 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Once up on a time I was abducted by a fat chick, does that count?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#127    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

• “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 April 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Would you honestly believe anyone who tells you they have been abducted?

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”

#128    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 18 April 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Would you honestly believe anyone who tells you they have been abducted?

I wouldn't rule it out. Fortunately I'm personally not so closed minded that I won't believe a word anybody says but at the same time I'm very rational and like to deal in facts.

Too much going on out there to flat out say that it's just a myth.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#129    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,405 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 18 April 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

You hear that line about every lala thing that someone wants to promote.

#130    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 18 April 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

You hear that line about every lala thing that someone wants to promote.

Do you? News to me, Frank.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#131    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,405 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yes quite, alien visitors, ghosts, Sasquatch, remembered past lives, crop circles, and so on -- all of them are, "Probably mostly mundane but there are too many reports for all of them to be."

The trouble is on a planet with billions of inhabitants, it is possible to accumulate a few thousand reports of practically anything.

#132    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I do not in any way want to destroy your belief in this event, only to lend to you what I feel it could be. I'm an 8th year student of psychology, and this sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. It is when your brain is half between awake and asleep, it is nearly impossible to move, but you feel like you should be able to (this is due to the premotor cortex being 'awake' but the primary motor cortex still being 'asleep.' It is often accompanied by very specific hallucinations of light/dark and the feeling of other beings present. The brain often can't handle the feeling of others being present without any proof, so the hallucination then manufactures some images. Greyish, because parts of the visual cortex are still 'asleep' so it often grabs drab greyscale colors to fill in blanks. The shape of heads and eyes being large is due to how the brain processes human faces. It emphasizes eyes, so if you could 'see' how a face is recognized, you would see large heads, large eyes, and comparitively smaller other features. The sense of them not having a soul is also a feature of this hallucination because your brain is creating an image of a face but it has zero emotional association with the face. This paralysis probably ended due to the build up of fear, enabling you to scream, and have your step mother rush in. She did not have to shoo anyone away, nor did she see anyone. If alien technology were good enough to keep you paralyzed then it would have been able to keep a 4 year old from screaming. This phenomenon is often seen with a hereditary link, which would explain why several family members have had similar experiences. I am in no way minimizing this experience or saying it was all in your head or whatever. I mean, all perception is in your head, real or manufactured. And regardless of whether it truly was an abduction or whether it was sleep paralysis, it has no different effect on you, so that doesn't matter in the scheme of things. If there are any lasting effects of this situation, you could try seeing a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist. They have a nearly 90% success rate in treating phobias and other similar traumatic psychological happenings. Feel free to respond to me or PM me for more information! If you were abducted, or almost abducted, I'll admit I'm kind of jealous, haha, if it was just sleep paralysis, not so much.

#133    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 18 April 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yes quite, alien visitors, ghosts, Sasquatch, remembered past lives, crop circles, and so on -- all of them are, "Probably mostly mundane but there are too many reports for all of them to be."

The trouble is on a planet with billions of inhabitants, it is possible to accumulate a few thousand reports of practically anything.
I think it says something about the human species though considering these stories have been around since ancient times

#134    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 April 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

I think it says something about the human species though considering these stories have been around since ancient times

I think what it dies tell us is that the human psyche has since ancient times had a common fear of a "Spectre" type figure, embodied in the likes of the boogeyman and Bigfoot. I'd say it's likely a type of natural defence mechanism.

Edited by psyche101, 19 April 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#135    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I wouldn't rule it out. Fortunately I'm personally not so closed minded that I won't believe a word anybody says but at the same time I'm very rational and like to deal in facts.

Do not that facts leave you wanting?

However, what is "out there" seems to be largely hearsay, and bickering about hearsay, the plural of anecdote is not data.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users