Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Recent UFO video from New York City

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Can can see where the image of the object breaks up a bit, when the camera is moved too quickly. It is possible that this could be caused by after-images of a  actual dark object against a plain, light background, rather than errors in an image created by a computer?

#17    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Unfortunately, with the technology readily available to anyone finding enjoyment in fooling people, we can't really be sure of what's real or not.
the line is getting less and less clear. No wonder people like to discuss the old cases because it's less likely to be fake.

#18    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,146 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

At the point where the image of the object begins breaking up, about 1:01 into the video, I notice that there is also a smearing and faint doubling of the sharp spires of two of the tallest buildings. This all seemed to be caused by camera motion. It somehow seems unlikely that an error in an image artificially inserted into the skyline would happen to occur at just the same instant as motion induced effects similarly broke up the images of the building spires, or am I misunderstanding something about this?

#19    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Really looks fake

#20    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

If you want to see where it kind of appears to have trouble syncing with the camera's movements, just watch the beginning of the video. Like literally as the video starts. The camera jitters a bit and the UFO kind of jolts around too much. (It's easier to see in the slow-mo part of the video) Also, the animation when it zips off looks to smooth and clear, when it should be at least a bit blurry because it's moving so fast. It's a fake, just like all the other videos on that YouTube channel.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#21    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 January 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

That's pretty odd,however,given its considerable size ,and position in the air,dozens of people should have seen it.
It IS new York .
The fact this wasn't on the news or there aren't vids of it from other angles,including from the near by buildings,is very telling .

The one thing about manhattan is that the people in nyc will never look upto see a ufo because you are surrounded by high rise buildings. Most people are usually shopping when they are in the city, looking through windows. Or they are usually looking down on there cell phones, never up in the sky. The person who caught this video seems to be in queens ny hence the good view of the city.

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 31 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

The one thing about manhattan is that the people in nyc will never look upto see a ufo because you are surrounded by high rise buildings. Most people are usually shopping when they are in the city, looking through windows. Or they are usually looking down on there cell phones, never up in the sky. The person who caught this video seems to be in queens ny hence the good view of the city.

We do look up ,and out our windows when we work .People in nyc do report UFOs . Where in Queens is this view ? LIC ?
Given that area is full of people during the day,how did no one else there see it ?

Miss me?

#23    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

We do look up ,and out our windows when we work .People in nyc do report UFOs . Where in Queens is this view ? LIC ?
Given that area is full of people during the day,how did no one else there see it ?
Yea I think so, it looks like he's on the north west side of long island city. If i'm not mistaken you can see a portion of the queens borough bridge in the video.... by the way I know people in nyc see ufos, I'm one of those new yorkers. But more than often you'll catch the average new yorker walking as they look down on there phones rather than with there heads up looking to the skies.

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”

#24    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 31 January 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Yea I think so, it looks like he's on the north west side of long island city. If i'm not mistaken you can see a portion of the queens borough bridge in the video.... by the way I know people in nyc see ufos, I'm one of those new yorkers. But more than often you'll catch the average new yorker walking as they look down on there phones rather than with there heads up looking to the skies.

Something that big,would be noticed by more than one person .I've lived in nyc my entire life,except the few years I lived in Japan . I was born at Astoria general,before it became whatever its called now. I have friends with businesses in LIC .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 31 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Miss me?

#25    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Something that big,would be noticed by more than one person .I've lived in nyc my entire life,except the few years I lived in Japan . I was born at Astoria general,before it became whatever its called now. I have friends with businesses in LIC .

Where you in the city on the day of 10/13/10 ?

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 31 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

What day of the week was it ?
If it was a weekday,I would have been in New Hyde park from 11-8pm,which is long island ,but that's where my office was .
Before and after that,I would have been in Queens,where I live ,which is Bayside ,NYC .
Before 11am,I would have been getting ready for work in the house,and driving to work .
After 8 ,drive home 30 min on the Clearview expswy ,and then in the house.
It was a weekday,because 10/10/10 was the weekend ,because I went to the crystal skull symposium in Manhattan .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 31 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Miss me?

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 31 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

If you're making reference to this,

No I didn't see it,because I was nowhere near Manhattan,and my entire point was,only one person saw this OPs UFO .

This UFO here,was on the news,and numerous people videotaped and photographed it .
So yes,people ,multiple ones,in Manhattan,looked up .
The fact the UFO in the op was not,is very telling .
No one else saw it ,or listed it,or reported it ,except the guy that taped it .

Miss me?

#28    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

If you're making reference to this,

No I didn't see it,because I was nowhere near Manhattan,and my entire point was,only one person saw this OPs UFO .

This UFO here,was on the news,and numerous people videotaped and photographed it .
So yes,people ,multiple ones,in Manhattan,looked up .
The fact the UFO in the op was not,is very telling .
No one else saw it ,or listed it,or reported it ,except the guy that taped it .

I see what you mean now. For the fact it was hovering in front of those building, someone would've caught another video as well. But it seems to be a very short sighting. We dont know how long it was hovering before it was recorded. If in fact it was recorded... But I get what you mean other people shouldve seen it, my conclusion is either its fake or no one bothered reporting it or he couldve been the only one in the tri state who has seen it.

#29    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 31 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

I see what you mean now. For the fact it was hovering in front of those building, someone would've caught another video as well. But it seems to be a very short sighting. We dont know how long it was hovering before it was recorded. If in fact it was recorded... But I get what you mean other people shouldve seen it, my conclusion is either its fake or no one bothered reporting it or he couldve been the only one in the tri state who has seen it.

Unless it was balloons .It remains round for a while,then changes ,and its not like ..well average balloon groupings ,and then shoots up.
I think someone ,even one or two other people ,would have noticed it .
It also looks fairly big ,and level with lots of building windows .
Also,its in our airspace .Do you have any idea how tightly our airspace is monitored,especially since that plane incident a few years back .
People watch now. The whole if you see something report .
New Yorkers aren't as dense as the world thinks  .We are no longer desensitized ,like we once were .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users