Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lockerbie bombing: police to visit Libya

lockerbie bombing libya

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,427 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Police officers investigating the 1988 Lockerbie bombing are to visit Libya, Prime Minister David Cameron has announced.

The new Libyan government indicated in December it was prepared to open all files relating to the bombing.

Pan Am flight 103 was blown up over the Scottish town of Lockerbie, killing 270 people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-21281173

Posted Image

#2    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,761 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oh bugrit, whatare we going to be expected to apologise for this time? Or are the Old Bill going out to ascertain just how much compensation we're going to have to pay Megrahi's family?

Edited by ealdwita, 31 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,427 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postealdwita, on 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Oh bugrit, whatare we going to be expected to apologise for this time? Or are the Old Bill going out to ascertain just how much compensation we're going to have to pay Megrahi's family?
I guess you didn't read the article......

"He remains the only person ever convicted of the bombing, but Scottish police hope to pursue other suspects in Libya following the country's revolution and downfall of Colonel Gaddafi in 2011"

Posted Image

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,761 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 31 January 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

I guess you didn't read the article......

"He remains the only person ever convicted of the bombing, but Scottish police hope to pursue other suspects in Libya following the country's revolution and downfall of Colonel Gaddafi in 2011"

Oh I read it alright, whether I believed it or not is another matter entirely!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,886 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I hope there is some resolution to this issue and that the families affected will somehow find peace in all this.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

Also tagged with lockerbie, bombing, libya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users