Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A hooked marlin sinks a fishing boat

marlin fishing boat panama

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,941 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

A fisherman off Panama was battling a huge black marlin when the battle took a turn for the worse. The fish sank the boat.

http://www.grindtv.c...hing like that/

Posted Image

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,068 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

hmmm guess this was the typical: Baiting more than you can chew....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,669 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Pretty awesome!

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

*claps*

Miss me?

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I swear in the second picture the Marlin is pulling a troll face. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,420 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Never give up, never give in!

I'm pleased that the boat sank.  I hope he didn't have good insurance.  I wish boats got pulled into the sea every time a shark or any other large fish gets hooked regardless of what happened to the fishermen on board.   If fishing and habitat destruction didn't make sense to humans economically maybe tuna, sharks, whales, dolphins, turtles and all the rest wouldn't be in danger of extinction.   And I know, someone's going to come with some static numbers from some bureau to find exception..  I don't care, because sharks can't withstand the massive slaughter they're being put through year after year just to raise just one example.   Until someone invents a shark farm and raises them like pigs and chickens, they should keep their pointy hooks to themselves.   Extremists' boats like the one above should be sunk on purpose in the right places to create artificial reefs to replace the ones that we're callously forcing into extinction.   Not to say a word about the environmental hazard to the ocean this sinking boat caused from the toxic chemicals on board that are now in the water.    Of all the environmentalist issues available to choose from, it's fishermen who are the worst radicals in the world; of course nearly everybody will scoff at that statement because next to nobody has enough respect for the ecosystem that's in the most danger of all, our oceans.

It'd be justice to throw long-line fishermen overboard into the sea and then throw them a fishing line with a hook on it, literally.   If they luckily escape one of the slowest and most traumatic deaths imaginable they'll see their own true reflections in the mirror.   Oh I know, they're "just fish".

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users