Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Secret "batplane" filmed

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#46    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

There are a lot of foreign aircraft from other countries at area 51
This could be a Russian mig.

#47    mesuma

mesuma

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think it looks 70s/80s more than modern. Is this the most aerodynamic design? It also doesn't add to the idea that UAVs are the future of fighter design.

#48    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• "Some men just want to see the world burn" Alfred

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

http://www.google.ca...359871080603734

ok its very obviously the fuselage of a f-18 with some garbage on the wings and the horizontal stablizers removed and moved to the front and put on like another set of vertical stablizers. im guessing rc. look at the missle in the middle of the wing on the left. its not even mounted on correct, its pointing in more to the tip of the wing. could also be an f-5-http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/resrc/images/hst/l-g/f5.jpg

Edited by TheOtherSide1945, 02 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#49    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

LOL, anyone who believes anything that come from "ThirdPhaseofMoon" is well... dumb.

#50    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,089 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 02 February 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

Been around for a while, just another design of R&D flown in the area, like the stealth was before it became known to public after it saw action. Photo does the S___ fighter justice.  Some thinking it's an alien UFO really makes me LOL but I guess it could be considered unidentified flying object if they don't know what it is.

View Post~C.S.M~, on 02 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

It could also be a experimental plane, designet for testing aerodynamics or other components that maybe will be added into airplanes. I dont think this is something we will see on future battlefields. I find this plausible to be a real test plane. BTW most of test planes do actually look weird.
i doubt it would even fly if it was real. G loadings would have those wings off in seconds with that much weight on the end of them. It's obviously a model assembled from various parts of F-5, F-18 and what have you, possibly, as I said earlier, also incorporating an Incom T-65.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#51    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostPssst, on 01 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Rounded angles avoid radars.  This clearly does not do that.  I would take the video/picture with a grain of salt.
More like the entire salt mine. :cry:

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#52    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostKing Cobra 1408, on 01 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

when it comes to the government i hella believe it and when i say i believe it i mean that they have secret government aircraft and technology and etc not known to conventional science.i just don't get it skeptics will always say its a hoax whatever.it don't matter what they think anyway i know i certaintly don't care what they say or think:)lets just ignore them lets not give them the power or attention.but this is very i interesting what the guy captured im going to look more into it:)
Ah, yes.  A True Believer.  Well, this engineer (Aeronautical & Electrical) says hoax.  It is simply not a viable design no matter who made it.  There are basic fundamentals of engineering - which include the math and physics to go with them - that are true no matter how tricked out a design is and no matter how advanced the technology is.  It all goes back to basics.  Simple as that.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#53    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

The extra jagged edges would cause hell for aerodynamic stabilization.

It already has a delta-canard configuration. I'm not sure how well the excess wing tip surfaces would work. They do not look aerodynamic.

If they're going for super-super maneuverability then I'd like to see what they want to accomplish - with the current technology it can't go much further.

Edit: And I still stand by the thought that they would not let anyone see anything that they weren't ready to show.

Edited by Timonthy, 02 February 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Posted Image

#54    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Given the source I'm not prepared to spend much time on it, but the way the perspective changes on the craft it screams *nearby* and *small* to me.  Take a look at similar footage of *real* aircraft doing flyovers at an altitude of *more* than, say, 50 metres/yards.  If it is as low as it looks, it is SMALL.  As pointed out, if that was full-size, the design is very unlikely to work - but for a slow flying RC, it could.

In fact, if that's not an RC (with perhaps CG thrown in) I'll eat my straw hat.  BTW I live near an RC club and often go watch the craft (some of which are quite weird designs, but no, I haven't seen that particular kludge..) and I also love watching air shows and real aircraft, large and small, on approach to Coolangatta airport.  Happy to provide footage if asked nicely, but try Youtube first..

If anyone can give more details on its origin, the camera and settings, etc, I'll do a bit more serious work on getting some clues on it's most likely size and altitude.  But as it stands, given the almost total lack of provenance (supporting information), it's likely a complete waste of time.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#55    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

This could be a Russian mig.

What in the hell model Mig is this then???

#56    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,089 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostAmerix, on 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

What in the hell model Mig is this then???
The MiG-37?

Posted Image

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#57    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

The MiG-37?

Doesn't even look remotely similar.  Nice try.

#58    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

It can have all the wacky angles it wants since its a toy and flys way below any logic !

This is a Work in Progress!

#59    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,089 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostAmerix, on 02 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Doesn't even look remotely similar.  Nice try.
It doesn't exist either, it's only a model, is the point I was trying to make.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#60    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

It's CGI...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users