Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man Takes 5 yr Old hostage

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,518 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

DEVELOPING: A law enforcement source says initial reports indicate that a five-year-old boy who was being held hostage in an underground bunker in Alabama for nearly a week has been released.  Kidnapper dead.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JyNqMKvD

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#47    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,703 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thank God it's over.

And hoping the best for the child's recovery.

Edited by pallidin, 04 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#48    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm so glad its over for that little boy, his birthday is Wednesday now he won't have to shut up in that bunker with that maniac.

#49    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,336 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Allelujah! I think we can all be happy now. I assume the kidnapper wouldn't let go of his gun and was shot to death.

Posted Image

#50    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

They distracted him with a flash bomb and dropped in and shot him.

#51    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,627 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

The guy seemed obviously mentally ill.  I hope he rests in peace - he could have killed the child and didn't so he must have been a bit more humane than his neighbors gave him credit for.....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#52    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,336 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostGromdor, on 05 February 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

They distracted him with a flash bomb and dropped in and shot him.
I wonder if they felt it was too dangerous to try to take him alive because of the presence of the child, or maybe he pointed the gun at them...maybe we'll never know. I just wonder because they did capture Holmes alive. I realize this was a different situation and may not have been possible, tbh, I'm not too sorry he died...after all, he did shoot the bus driver. I realize he had mental problems, probably was mentally ill, but I think that's no justification for shooting someone...I mean for him to shoot the bus driver. No justification for shooting a mentally ill person either unless it's in self defense or no other way to protect (as in this case) an innocent.

Posted Image

#53    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,703 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostGummug, on 05 February 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

...unless it's in self defense or no other way to protect (as in this case) an innocent.

Probably both, but like you said we may never know.

I do know that if a gunman points a gun at law enforcement, they are generally trained to shoot the suspect before being shot at themselves.
Even LE body armor does not protect the entire body.(though I do realize it was an FBI hostage rescue team with likely much more protection than standard LE)

Also, perhaps more importantly, like you suggest, they were concerned first and foremost with the safety of the child, which may have required the use of deadly force against the armed suspect as quickly as possible to avoid something bad happening to the child in such an enclosed space.

Just my opinion... no facts.

Edited by pallidin, 05 February 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 04 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

DEVELOPING: A law enforcement source says initial reports indicate that a five-year-old boy who was being held hostage in an underground bunker in Alabama for nearly a week has been released.  Kidnapper dead.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JyNqMKvD

So glad to hear this..  I am glad the little boy is now safe...Good news in the end, I had dreaded hearing about the boy being killed..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users