Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cannabis Farming In Kentucky

cannabis marijuana republicans

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I do not smoke the stuff myself,but i see no problem with it.Much safer than cigarettes,doesnt cause people to act violent or go around stealing to buy some more,Helps cancer patients have a appetite,helps some with chronic pains and many other purposes.Industrial hemp being banned is absolutely one of the stupidest things on the books the uses are almost unlimited!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#17    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yay Kentucky for wanting to grow hemp :) I think hemp is great.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

herbalist...Im gonna go with

Or I'm nuts
just because out of all the things listed they match

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 January 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Nope, just proves you are a troll.
Evening Bonnie.
Troll! That old chestnut!
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

I do not smoke the stuff myself,but i see no problem with it.Much safer than cigarettes,doesnt cause people to act violent or go around stealing to buy some more,Helps cancer patients have a appetite,helps some with chronic pains and many other purposes.Industrial hemp being banned is absolutely one of the stupidest things on the books the uses are almost unlimited!
Have smoked it in the past, in my youth, once! I do know people who do take it to relieve pain.
But if its taking money away from the pharmaceutical companies, you can guarantee they will pay who ever they can to take it off the streets and bribe someone to declare it illegal.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

It does seem a scary thing that Big Pharm wants in on the whole Cannabis thing. The whole point of legalizing it is for personal use not Big Pharm production.

Leave it to some Governmt lobbying group to twist a good thing into a bad thing.

Now if there only gonna grow hemp as in the plant not the drug then Im all for it.

#22    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

At one time in the US's history farmers were required by law to grow hemp (farmers could even pay their federal taxes with it) in order to supply the navy with rope and sails ( and the army with uniforms ) it was the cotton industry, the chemical industry and the pulp and paper industry that successfully lobbied the government to make it illegal. They found the obscure name marijuana in mexico and the rest is history.
Consider that one acre of hemp can make as much paper as four acres of trees. The paper is softer, stronger and ages better. And hemp grows fast, really fast.
I've read that hemp is such an incredible plant for so many reasons that some people have suggested it must be alien to this planet.

Hemp being made illegal is a prime example how the US federal government has always been for sale to the highest bidder. Think of what we've lost not having the opportunity to take advantage of this marvelous plant for so many years.

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 31 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

It does seem a scary thing that Big Pharm wants in on the whole Cannabis thing. The whole point of legalizing it is for personal use not Big Pharm production.

Leave it to some Governmt lobbying group to twist a good thing into a bad thing.

Now if there only gonna grow hemp as in the plant not the drug then Im all for it.
The pharmaceutical companies will do whatever because they know the market is there, them miss out on that? Not if they can help it. They will then doctor it, bottle it, and sell it for billions though the health services.....Oh, and buy every hemp farm out there.
Anything which can produce drugs, they want in....England was once he biggest exporters of heroine from Afghanistan, not sure who is now!!

Edited by freetoroam, 31 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Not to mention the O2/Co2 conversion that occurs on an acre of hemp plant. KIts greater then forested land and more renewable

#25    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,696 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's about time !  ..  again.    Ya, hemp,   and  the more fragrant varieties , are all  Cannabis plants.

I knew Good old fashioned greed  would win out in favor of Hemp.     I hate to see Big Pharma gain control of  'medicinal' maryjane.

I think  all forms of cannabis should be totally UN regulated  ..   lIke other herbs and weeds.    I'm not promoting drugs.. i don't like drugs... i'm promoting weeds .    *FREE WEEDS*  lol     Dandelion Power!

Edited by lightly, 31 January 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#26    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,605 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Recreational pot use for adults is legal where I live, however at this time unless you grow it yourself you can only obtain it for recreational purposes through ilegal chanels.  Also I think the governor is saying that the way the fed is trying to fight this is to tell WA and CO governments that it is ilegal for them to collect taxes on something that the feds say is ilegal.

We'll see what happens.  Very big money (dupont, pharma, corporations that run prisons) and powerful government agencies (DEA, USCG) make alot of money from keeping pot ilegal.

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostOverSword, on 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Recreational pot use for adults is legal where I live, however at this time unless you grow it yourself you can only obtain it for recreational purposes through ilegal chanels.  Also I think the governor is saying that the way the fed is trying to fight this is to tell WA and CO governments that it is ilegal for them to collect taxes on something that the feds say is ilegal.

We'll see what happens.  Very big money (dupont, pharma, corporations that run prisons) and powerful government agencies (DEA, USCG) make alot of money from keeping pot ilegal.

It will take them a few more years to come around I think .That being said,I don't think it should be smoked .
Like any smoke,its an irritant to delicate lung tissue . It should be ingested ,especially for medical uses .

Miss me?

#28    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

We'll see what happens.  Very big money (dupont, pharma, corporations that run prisons) and powerful government agencies (DEA, USCG) make alot of money from keeping pot ilegal

I really care that these same entities dont turn around and make money off legalizing it. We all need to make a stand and only allow small grows for personal use. We got the pie we wanted lets not let the Federal Government now eat all our pie and leave us with the bottom of the bag.

#29    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,728 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

It will take them a few more years to come around I think .That being said,I don't think it should be smoked .
Like any smoke,its an irritant to delicate lung tissue . It should be ingested ,especially for medical uses .

A hippie friend of mines mother has been smoking the stuff for most of her life. No problems whatsoever in the lung department. Her lungs are pretty Healthy apparently.

Hemp has historically been legalised for growth and production during times of war in the US. Which pretty much highlights the fact of how much better it is than the alternatives.

#30    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostOverSword, on 31 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

The main reason isn't because of the potential of sneaking in the good stuff.  The main reason is because most things formerly made from hemp are now made from nylon produced by Dupont, the evil corporation responsible for making hemp ilegal for that reason.

edit, as I understand it pot has been the #1 cash crop in TN for decades anyway.

Yes, that is the general understanding. Source: I'm a Volunteer, born and raised!

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

Also tagged with cannabis, marijuana, republicans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users