Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Human Race Will Come To An End

human race evolution

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#16    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostCoffey, on 31 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

It doesn't nessacarily mean evil in that sense. It just means like someone doing bad stuff. lol

So it pretty much means if you walk past some guy kicking some other guys head in and do nothing then you are jsut as guilty for not helping.
Could I stop it? Or would I just end up as 'the gal with her head caved in'?

Maybe that guy was the bad one, the fellow getting his head kicked in. What if he had just beaten up that guys sister or something? I could commit 'evil' by thinking I'm stopping 'evil', in this case, letting a lady beater go or I get beaten up for trying to stop some guy from beating up another guy.

I'd have to weigh the safety issues, when it comes to things like politics nowadays, as of November even , I vote, I pay attention and I'll be active when I can and hopefully do things. I am but one lady in one suburb in one city in one state in one country on one continent on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy in the only universe I know, without us, sure there may be others to see the small and large pictures, the wars and the lovers who whisper sweet nothing's to each at night. We give substance to this universe, I think, with our irrational thoughts and feelings.
(Sorry, rant D: )

Edited by Hasina, 31 January 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 31 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

What if that guy doing the kicking had good reason to do so?If you help the other guy out then are you guilty of his offense aswell?Once i was about to start kicking this guys teeth out 1 at a time for good reason and someone tried stopping me so i messed both of them up.The 1 for what he had done,the other for trying to grab ahold of me and stop me.Was i wrong?

Yes you where.

Simple really. You should have explained to the person calmly, even let the other guy go. If revenge ment that much to you, then youcan get him back another time. Always better to do it in less public place anyway where there is no evidence.

View PostHasina, on 31 January 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Could I stop it? Or would I just end up as 'the gal with her head caved in'?

Maybe that guy was the bad one, the fellow getting his head kicked in. What if he had just beaten up that guys sister or something? I could commit 'evil' by thinking I'm stopping 'evil', in this case, letting a lady beater go or I get beaten up for trying to stop some guy from beating up another guy.

I'd have to weigh the safety issues, when it comes to things like politics nowadays, as of November even , I vote, I pay attention and I'll be active when I can and hopefully do things. I am but one lady in one suburb in one city in one state in one country on one continent on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy in the only universe I know, without us, sure there may be others to see the small and large pictures, the wars and the lovers who whisper sweet nothing's to each at night. We give substance to this universe, I think, with our irrational thoughts and feelings.
(Sorry, rant D: )

Knew you where going to say that. lol

I knew I should have said the following; You can call the police or call for help from other.. that counts as doing something.

Edited by Coffey, 31 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostCoffey, on 31 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Yes you where.

Simple really. You should have explained to the person calmly, even let the other guy go. If revenge ment that much to you, then youcan get him back another time. Always better to do it in less public place anyway where there is no evidence.

I knew I should have said the following; You can call the police or call for help from other.. that counts as doing something.
Oh then yes, of course I'd do that. Call the cops, yes. Why wouldn't I? It'd only make sense. Now! If someone attacks me? If it's my home well... They're leaving in a body bag.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostHasina, on 31 January 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Oh then yes, of course I'd do that. Call the cops, yes. Why wouldn't I? It'd only make sense. Now! If someone attacks me? If it's my home well... They're leaving in a body bag.

Well that's my point, all the people who would do oemhting to help, doesn't change the world.

I guess the problem is too many people are ignorant to it or there just isn't enough good people yet.

#20    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostCoffey, on 31 January 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Well that's my point, all the people who would do oemhting to help, doesn't change the world.

I guess the problem is too many people are ignorant to it or there just isn't enough good people yet.
I think it may be because when you think 'it's time to make things better!' you mentally slam into this wall of 'but I'm only one person what can I do!?' and it reigns us back. Other times, you'll hear about someone who seems good (let's take Lance Armstrong) and then it turns out he's a lying d-bag who didn't deserve a second chance. It eats away at our ideals and dreams, and the 'good' people will think 'this will only be helping the bad people', and things start grinding to a hault.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#21    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostCoffey, on 31 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Yes you where.

I can see where you are coming from,but i had very good reason for doing so!I had tried getting him back several times,but he always found some way out.Plus the other guy was a friend of his and possibly could have been involved.I did not do it in a public place,went to a party out in the woods one night and there he was to his suprise i was there also hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 31 January 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

I can see where you are coming from,but i had very good reason for doing so!I had tried getting him back several times,but he always found some way out.Plus the other guy was a friend of his and possibly could have been involved.I did not do it in a public place,went to a party out in the woods one night and there he was to his suprise i was there also hahaha

Haha, well that's not really the kind of situation I mean.

I meant more along the lines of someone being mugged and beaten. lol

View PostHasina, on 31 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I think it may be because when you think 'it's time to make things better!' you mentally slam into this wall of 'but I'm only one person what can I do!?' and it reigns us back. Other times, you'll hear about someone who seems good (let's take Lance Armstrong) and then it turns out he's a lying d-bag who didn't deserve a second chance. It eats away at our ideals and dreams, and the 'good' people will think 'this will only be helping the bad people', and things start grinding to a hault.

Completely true.

On top of that whenever someone does step up thye either get called a nutcase or shot.

As a race we have assisinated loads of great people. lol

You cna't jsut pull a braveheart in this day and age. lol

Edited by Coffey, 31 January 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#23    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

Thanks for the sharing of the article it was quite thought provoking. :tu:

It can be said that us Humans do have our faults. We squabble and bicker with one another, do unkind things and also very stupid things. However, it can also be said that us Humans have also our uniquenesses. We dream, imagine and also create wondrous things. Within the last few years, I've become a bit misanthropic and my overall view of the world has turned me into a pejorist. I do not like being that way. So, to counter that, I think instead, of what a total unification within our Human race against others who may not be Human and not from our world. If there is a when for that day to come, then I strongly believe that we would march through any endeavor to keep our race alive. Sound a bit Hollywood? Maybe. But Hollywood is made up of Humans too, they just happen to be the ones with the more imaginative gene, which could very well save all our lives someday.
We are like a (normal) dysfunctional family. We give each other difficult times. Although, if an outsider were to intervene, then said outsider would be wishing that they just kept on going giving Earth a very very very wide one-way orbit.  
We may not like each other. But we all want to continue living...on our own planet...in our own space...in our own time.
This is our home and we are family.
Get used to it already! :w00t:

Kind Regards :)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#24    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,182 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

If we don't change I can see the human race ending with no further evolution.  We are becoming overpopulated, we pollute and over use natural resources.  Global warming is changing the planet, the places once great for farming or living may not be in the future.  Then bring in one good asteroid strike.

#25    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 31 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Not every single Human being but the ones destroying the Earth speak for all of us. So were by defacto letting them do it we are just as bad.

Humans are not destroying the Earth. In fact humans are the only known thing in existence that can possibly save the Earth, Sun, Milky Way, etc. from their inevitable fates. If we don't continue to utilize the Earth's resources now, then there's no hope of ever saving it.

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,795 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostIamLegend, on 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Humans are not destroying the Earth. In fact humans are the only known thing in existence that can possibly save the Earth, Sun, Milky Way, etc. from their inevitable fates. If we don't continue to utilize the Earth's resources now, then there's no hope of ever saving it.
And how can we possibly do that?

#27    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,255 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 31 January 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Thank God! It sickens me more every day what humans have become.

Our end can't come soon enough.
Then stop being a hipocryte, do the world a favor and end it all.  For the good of the planet and because we're so horrible. :innocent:

#28    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Evolution is over.
By virtue of the welfare system and the belief that we need to protect everyone and everything by sacrificing the future (NASA for example)
We have destined ourselves to become no more than we are right now.
Evolution requires that we adapt, not coddle.
As i recall, the key part of Evolution is that the strong survive.
Helping one another is one thing but we have sacrificed too much for those who contribute nothing to society for years on end.
And im not talking about the elderly or the children.
Im talking about those who are unemployed and uneducated from 20 - 60.

If we were to stop taking care of these people and force them to either starve or work we may be able to save the human race by spending that money of exploring space and eventually colonizing another planet.
Until then we are doomed by our own policies.

#29    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostHilander, on 31 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

If we don't change I can see the human race ending with no further evolution.  We are becoming overpopulated, we pollute and over use natural resources.  Global warming is changing the planet, the places once great for farming or living may not be in the future.  Then bring in one good asteroid strike.

Yet we continue to encourage population growth by ensuring people keep getting handouts for their effort.
And we do it for people all over the world.
Its time we stop interfering with evolution.
If you stop feeding people who live in sand, they will migrate to where food is or they will cease to exist.
Is it more humane to ensure the survival of our entire species or is it more humane to doom our species to keep the non-contributing eaters and breeders alive?

#30    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

BTW,
Thanks for posting this thread.
I have spent a lot of time pondering this exact thing and its good to see someone else thinking about it as well.
I just hope humanity wakes up real soon and realizes it has spent the past 100 years rewriting the rules of evolution and not for the better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users