Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Human Race Will Come To An End

human race evolution

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61    Lumpino

Lumpino

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

What is the next step for the human race ?
I Think  like here :
http://imb.lide.cz/l...d2fe6b50200.jpg

#62    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

For the billionth time...human 'species'.

#63    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end
Those interested In this should watch the documentary "transcendence man".

There are several ways this could go. 1) and I think  the most likely, we finally figure out that our sun will not allow small tiny electronics to exist for very long. It could verywell be impossible to harden a technological world against events like a cartington event that is a certainty on average every 500 years. ( last one in 1859). In this case, if we are to progress forward we will be forced to create biological circuits and technology built on a biological infrastructure or at least we will have to mimic biology's evolved resistance to electrical disturbance, but the clock is ticking, which brings me to number 2.

2) we will create our own global catastrophe that will threaten our race entirely. I think we are far to innovative for everyone to perish, but there will be a dark age that will progress to a repopulation of aboriginal like lifestyles. Many native american prophecies Eco the understanding that the current mode of "progress" is completely unsustainable. If this age were to last long enough we could see a fractioning of the human race as we filled different niches. We are not as smart as we think we are. We have the ability to creat but not the abiity to organize on large enough scales to manage our creations. Case in point, we have populated the world with nuclear power plants that melt down if not kept continuously cool. The back up generators for the electrical based system have 2-4 weeks of diseal fuel to keep them running. Any event that shuts those systems down means literal global meltdown. A simple solar storm like in 1859 will create a global Trinoble scenario. It was only a matter of days that fukishima started to go when their pumps and generators where damaged. There are over 230 reactors in the us alone. I think we are morons. We continue to build these things that are basically large dirty bombs with a click ticking in the sun. The political will will never be there to change. The only mention of this I ever saw of this was on a program called "life after people". Interestingly enough the next time I saw it, that segment was omitted. I'll have to check it again, but I think it was censored.

That's just one way we can and probably will screw up, and we are drunk with energy standing on the edge of the roof in the dark right now.

We are indeed out of tune with our nature and evolution, if we can't discipline ourselves, just like any addict, we are in for some ****.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#64    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

I found a reference to it here.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#65    JeremyjJstone

JeremyjJstone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Evolution is the organic tuning into of algorythmic frequencies from both earth, the sun, and outter space.

It isn't "small electronics" that cause problems, it's evolving into things that will kill other life forms in the future. Our evolutionary frequency will make us kill ourselves before we kill others,..

It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with the stragglers, were this a game, but the whole world needs to wake up and find peace... so electronics for the win!

(my ancestors needed bloody war to learn them morality plays, dagnabbit!)

Edited by JeremyjJstone, 04 February 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#66    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Last time I counted I got about a dozen ways mankind could become extinct.  There are a couple of them (asteroids and comets) that we might prevent in a direct way.  There are others (a plague, a Malthusian catastrophe, run-away global warming, that we ought to be able to prevent with any sense at all.

A global war in theory ought to be preventable -- we shall see.  There is one -- the planet being zapped by a near-by gamma ray burst that would do us in without warning and about which we could do nothing, but it seems such events are extremely rare.

Then there are some ways we know for sure will end it all -- the dessication of the planet will happen in about a billion years.  Further out (since in theory we might have the technology to deal with the dessication), the sun will become a red giant in about five billion years.  To deal with that, we will have to move.

In the end the universe will either suffer heat death in a few quadrillion years (note I skipped the intervening "trillion" or, if some ideas about the nature of negative energy prove true, a day will come when the expansive force will rip the atoms apart (twenty or so billion years out).  This last one remains hypothetical.

Who knows -- maybe even the heat death of the universe could be avoided if we find a way to tap low-entropy energy from the fabric of space-time.  Somehow the Big Bang seems to have done it.

Edited by Frank Merton, 04 February 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#67    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

For humanity to evolve to the next level, we will likely need to evolve our pysche to a level of universal and unrequited love, where love is defined as benevolent concern for the good of another whether human or not. Certainly there is profound literature that defines it e.g. I Corinthians 13, but precious few who truly exhibit this noble goal.

#68    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,596 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

What does the future have in store for the human race?

Evolution, as the past 4 billion years have repeatedly illustrated, holds an endless supply of tricks up its long and ancient sleeve. Anything is possible, given enough millennia. Inevitably the forces of natural selection will require us to branch out into differentiated versions of our current selves, like so many Galápagos finches... assuming, that is, that we have enough time to leave our evolution to our genes.

http://www.popsci.co...-come-to-an-end

My predition for the Human race is this:
We will become ever more self-gratifiying.
Extract all of Earths natural resources, like gold, oil and gas.
Until, one day we will exhaust all Earth's resources and we necessarily, (those who have the vital cash to afford it,) will  fly off to other realms in Space where we will do the same thing.
My other prediction is this,
We will never be a race of beings that embrace love, compassion and humility.

Posted Image

#69    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yes, humans are terrible, except my wife, two kids, my parents, even my mad sister, my close friends, that nice lady who let me in the parking spot yesterday, oh, and Jessica Alba.

#70    elahwecaps

elahwecaps

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Anybody seen Idiocracy?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

#71    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 04 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

My predition for the Human race is this:
We will become ever more self-gratifiying.
Extract all of Earths natural resources, like gold, oil and gas.
Until, one day we will exhaust all Earth's resources and we necessarily, (those who have the vital cash to afford it,) will  fly off to other realms in Space where we will do the same thing.
My other prediction is this,
We will never be a race of beings that embrace love, compassion and humility.
That we will extract all resources that it is worth our while to extract is pretty much a given, and why shouldn't we.  At some point we will need to use recycling, but we will.

I don't know about our flying off into space much beyond the solar system.  The distances are much greater than we can even begin to imagine.  If we do colonize other solar systems, contacts between each will be so rare that separate evolution can be expected.

We are now a race that embraces love, compassion and humility.  That is why we complain about when it is missing.

#72    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

every  wild  animal kind on  earth   will  be  gene coded  and  all  go  exstinct  in  about  400  years ,  all  humans  will  go  into  exstinction  in   the  year  5140  ...   when  the  last  human  will  fail  to  make  the  request  to  bring  back  the  human  race  from  exstinction  ...   because   (s)he  doesn't  care ....  total  apathy .

the  machine  that  is  left  behind  will  then  spread  across  the  galaxy  in  about   35  billion  years ...
  the  earth  will   be  lost  for  a time  (  as  a lifeless   rock  in  space   .  with  out  atmosphere  or  sun  .   with  no  value  or  of  any  importance )

5  trillion  years  from  now ,  the  machine  we  left  behind  will  move  into  other  dimensions ,  and  occupie   them  as  well  as  this  one ...   at  which  point  the  human beings  will  be  pulled  from  exstinction  ,  and  technicaly...   will  restart .

it  is  hard  to  explain ,  but the  location  of  the  earth  will  be  the  greatest  mystery  of  its  day.
and  it  will  take  trillions  of  years   to  locate  it .

P.S.

humans  will  never  leave  earth's  solar system ,  and  will  never  fully leave  earth in  any  serious  way...   mars  will  never  have  more  than  1/2  earth's  population .
of  the 20   earth  size  or  larger  objects  in  the  solar system  ,  most  will  never  have  more  than  a few  million  people .

all  creatures  will  be  either  fully  domesticated   or   fully  biological  engine's  managed  by  human  controlls

Edited by onereaderone, 05 February 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#73    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 05 February 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

every  wild  animal kind on  earth   will  be  gene coded  and  all  go  exstinct  in  about  400  years ,  all  humans  will  go  into  exstinction  in   the  year  5140  ...   when  the  last  human  will  fail  to  make  the  request  to  bring  back  the  human  race  from  exstinction  ...   because   (s)he  doesn't  care ....  total  apathy .
How do you know this?

#74    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Wow. The misanthropic crowd is out in force. Remember, nature created us. Must have been a good reason....

http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Misanthropy

#75    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 01 February 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Seriously need a "facepalm" emoticon, because this fool is just....well, foolish and ignorant. :w00t: :yes: :w00t:

Or you could try less childish responses and man up with rebuttal.
This is a site full of opinions, i posted mine and this is the best you could do?
Good job.

Also tagged with human race, evolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users