Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

See a Thought Move Through Live Fish’s Brain

zebrafish brain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

You may have never seen a zebrafish in person. But take a look at the zebrafish in the short video above and you’ll get to see something previously unknown to science: a visual representation of a thought moving through a living creature’s brain.

http://blogs.smithso...ng-fishs-brain/

Posted Image

#2    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I hear that their next project is to show an actual thought making its way through an actual live Politician's brain, which is something they've been working on for years but they haven't managed it yet. When they do, however, it will be an even bigger achievement that finding the Higgs Bison.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,165 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

ohh .... wow.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users