Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waking up to a whistling noise

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just wondering if anyone has ever awoken to a whistling noise before. I just woke up out of nowhere to a whistling noise, not a human noise more like an instrument or something. I don't remember dreaming about anything before it happened. It woke me up right out of sleep and I looked at my alarm clock it was 20mins before it was supposed to go off. The noise only lasted like 2 seconds and when I heard it I had the urge to wake up out of my sleep.

Just seemed a little bit strange I don't think I've ever had a sudden noise wake me up like that before it was something like a cross between a flute and a whistle.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,324 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Maybe you were dreaming the noise.  I have dreamed it was raining and I could hear it hitting the roof right before I woke up when it wasn't.

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Maybe you left the kettle on the hob! (Just a thought)

Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,157 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just think of it -- forever and ever and ever no one will ever know whether the noise was real or a dream, and if it was real, what it might have been.

#5    Alij

Alij

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• "I support it, I don't do it!"

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I wanna say you were beggining to astral project-once with me I began vibrating and hearing a loud whistle sound like a train.

BUT here lately right before Im bout to close my eyes, Im always disturbed by some noise....i wake up asking my friend if they heard anything and I always get a 'no' or "you're just dreaming"...i dont believe ive ever dreamed sounds tho....that i can recall

#6    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Its a common sign that You were beginning to astral project/reached the Vibration Stage of AP.

Edited by stevemagegod, 02 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#7    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,553 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

I've woken up this morning and a few days ago thinking someone was calling my name faintly, as though outside my door - but I was asleep and woke up, asking who was there, in a loud voice, to no response. I've done this before, as many people have in their lives. It's just one of those things that happen. I can't say with certainty, but I suspect noises, such as whistling, and other such things can also occur, which are likely just natural aberrations of the mind.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#8    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Interesting about the astral projection. I've been pretty vocal that I do not believe astral projection is real.

At this point the best theory to me is that I dream the sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users