Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Global Leadership Vacuum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,090 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Spiegel said:

US Vice President Joe Biden is visiting Germany this week in an effort to strengthen trans-Atlantic ties. Global politics have come to a standstill in recent years, with the United States unwilling to show leadership and Europe and other major powers unable to fill the vacuum.

Ernest Rutherford, the chemist and nuclear physicist, wanted to conduct massive experiments in his laboratories in Britain. He had won the 1908 Nobel Prize in chemistry and would go on to become one of the legends in his field. But he often simply didn't have the funds. Legend has it that he gathered together his team and said: "Gentlemen, we have run out of money. It's time to start thinking."

These words attributed to Rutherford have become world-famous -- also in the realm of politics. And they could hardly be more applicable than to United States Vice President Joe Biden's upcoming trip to Germany. On Friday afternoon, Biden will hold a powwow with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin. On Saturday, he is scheduled to deliver a speech at the annual Munich Security Conference.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,807 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

See, this is why we need an NWO.

At least they seem to be honest enough to admit that the project to create a European Empire to counterbalance the United States hasn't succeeded, at least. Anyway, why do we need a Global Leader? To just try to prop up the Global Economy and enable it to limp on for a few more years? There've been plenty of people who've wanted to be Global Leaders (N. Bonaparte, A. Hitler, T. Blair ... :innocent: ), and it's usually ended in tears, hasn't it.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,090 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 01 February 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

See, this is why we need an NWO.

At least they seem to be honest enough to admit that the project to create a European Empire to counterbalance the United States hasn't succeeded, at least. Anyway, why do we need a Global Leader? To just try to prop up the Global Economy and enable it to limp on for a few more years? There've been plenty of people who've wanted to be Global Leaders (N. Bonaparte, A. Hitler, T. Blair ... :innocent: ), and it's usually ended in tears, hasn't it.

so far. But trying to be the global policeman is dumbest idea since the Titanic in the in the North sea at full speed anyway. Having the privilege to scrape your balls on everybody's carpet is pretty expensive... and gives carpet burn.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

If humanity is to go the distance, some kind of enforceable international law is needed.

There is nothing on the horizon.  I suppose it will require a super-catastrophe of some sort before the barriers to such a thing will go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users