Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Study:Humans killed off the thylacine

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

HUMANS alone were responsible for the demise of Australia's extinct native predator, the Tasmanian Tiger, or thylacine, a new study has found.

http://www.theaustra...x-1226565921951

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Natural selection at best.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#3    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

duh, just like the cassowary is near extinction they shot them dead with heavy machine guns there's old footage of them doing it, it's only asumption they did the same for the tiger that could eat you as they did for the big bird that could tear you appart. But then again if it never happen what would Australia really be like, would it be similar to africa in regards to animal attacks even in the cities on occasion. Are waters in the topside are polluted with crocodiles, not saying that they shouldn't be there but they built towns on the demise of animals then allocated parks and "swimming holes" to the area. The government are struggling with the crocodile problem as it is and by that I mean they are simply turning a blind eye and the only person talking about it is a homophobic crackpot so go figure haha. But it would deffently be a different life with the Tiger fully roaming Australia as it once did, well several different sub-species of them roamed different parts of Australia but still and while you're at it bloom the cassowary population back to what it should be and woah. I think it would be pretty cool, kinda like the bears and wolves in America and elsewheres, scary none the less but interesting.

Oh while we're rallying for animals give us back bees, green tree frogs and delete the cane toad and find a better option :P

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#4    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,812 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postthe L, on 01 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Natural selection at best.

Ah, that explains the demise of your neighbours, the aboriginal Tasmanians.  Same logic of might is right.

#5    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

humans will kill of everthing, including themselves.

#6    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Surprise surprise.

#7    JenniKitty

JenniKitty

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

• I came out of the darkness with a bullet in my hand.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

So sad =(

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,485 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

“Many people believe that bounty hunting alone could not have driven the thylacine extinct and therefore claim that an unknown disease epidemic must have been responsible,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To a certain extent they are right, but the deseased epidemic is known as  MAN.

Give it another 100 years, you will have lots more threads like this, as long as man does not kill himself first.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

@ the L that's not natural selection that's genocide/killing open your eyes and listen to what yours saying.I'm well sure if your were one of them you wouldn't like it!!!and especially saying that.anyway i believe that that some people/humans are above nature and HUMANS ARE NOT ABOVE NATURE WE SEEN THAT!!!believe it or not humans have to take care of nature better and respect it more or nature will take revenge and well see her wrath.I'm not i respect all forms of nature and life.poor animals

#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostKing Cobra 1408, on 02 February 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

@ the L that's not natural selection that's genocide/killing open your eyes and listen to what yours saying.I'm well sure if your were one of them you wouldn't like it!!!and especially saying that.anyway i believe that that some people/humans are above nature and HUMANS ARE NOT ABOVE NATURE WE SEEN THAT!!!believe it or not humans have to take care of nature better and respect it more or nature will take revenge and well see her wrath.I'm not i respect all forms of nature and life.poor animals

I was cyncial there.
But you spoke as there is no hierarchy in animal world.

#11    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,254 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm all for conservation but at a certain point even nature ensures that some animals go extinct while others evolve to fill the niche. That has been the way of nature for as long as life has existed on this planet and it will continue long after humans go extinct.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,485 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'm all for conservation but at a certain point even nature ensures that some animals go extinct while others evolve to fill the niche. That has been the way of nature for as long as life has existed on this planet and it will continue long after humans go extinct.
Thats with out saying, but there is a big difference between becoming extinct through nature to becoming extinct because of a  bullet through your head.

Edited by freetoroam, 02 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

No disrespect to the extinct species, but, I have to say... who the heck called them thylacine?

That sounds more like an anti-cancer drug for thyroid tumors.

#14    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

They also extermited the people native Tasmania as well destroy is all that the Europeans know. They are like Cylons and Dylaks.

#15    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,772 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

I can believe this people been killing off animals for millions of years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users