Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

John Kerry keep us safe?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

Yeah?  Don't you think Bush shoulda done something about it then? Blaming Clinton is all good and fine, but he's not the one in office.  Bush is.  It's his responcibility to protect us.  And he's going to leave an even bigger mess to the next president.  He's leaving a good chuck of the world flustered and stern with us.

Bush: We know you have WMD Iraq! Hand them over!

Saddam: We don't have them.

North Korea: We do!

Bush: I'm serrious, hand them over or we'll invade!

Saddam: I told you, we don't have them.

North Korea: Hey! Look at us! We do!

Bush: Shut-up, Korea.. we don't care about you.

Saddam: Honest, we don't have them.

UN: We can't find any.

Bush: Shut-up you pansies.  Ok Iraq your last warning! We're going to invaide!

Korea: A screw it.. Let's blow up California.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#17    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• Any man can become a Father it takes a REAL MAN to be a DAD!

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

"Prove it" My God his voting record is proof!

#18    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(panther10758 @ Oct 9 2004, 08:08 AM)
"Prove it" My God his voting record is proof!

View Post

The man has been doing his job for some 20 years perhaps you would like to narrow down your claim to something a bit more specific? Do a little research and post the specific votes that you are speaking of. Otherwise your words are little more that a bumper sticker Bushism...

"Proof" generally requires evidence. If it is your "opinion" then that is one thing, but proof is a very long way away from what you just posted. While I am sure many Bush fans will agree blindly to your statement without the simplest effort to find out if it is true or not, I won't.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#19    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

• Any man can become a Father it takes a REAL MAN to be a DAD!

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

I gave you proof and have other things to do besides chase the internet for things anyone can see! He (kerry) has voted against many defense measures including the upgrade of equitment that would benefit our troops in Iraq. I cant make it any clearer your argument is pointless i gave proof I just didn't provide link. I have a job! I cannot spend my entire day doing google searches etc. Kerry's voting record is just that a voting RECORD LOOK IT UP!

#20    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:11 PM

SilverCouger
  Ok how about it took William Jefferson Clinton 8 years to mess it up and you expect George W. Bush to clean it up in 4 years. Would you at least agree that Saddam had 12 years to comply with the U.N. resolutions, and that the U.N. authorized the use of force if he did not comply. If anyone is crazy enough to use chemical weapons on his own population and then invade a peaceful neighbor, don't they really pose a threat to the free world?
   While we are on the subject and since I brought up former President Clinton, how about his turning down a chance to nab Osama when he had the chance?
  Ohhh and who gives a rats hind end if the rest of the world is "stern" with us?
After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor did we give a damn what the rest of the world thought. I don't believe we need to pass a test, Kerry's words, before we act to remove a homicidal mad man from power.
   I would think the example of Quadaffi would be enough to convine anyone that we needed to remove Saddam, he had plenty of time to comply with the U.N. sanctions.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#21    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:19 PM

I know, I've linked to the senate.gov site that shows his record (got threadlock, I'm not going to start posting his record again, it's there, look it up, it sucks.  He's been on the opposite side of just about everything that history has proven to have worked, unless it was popular at the time), and looked at the gallup and other polls, especially during the juicy democratic debate.  Kerry's all over the board.

Bush named Iraq, Iran, and North Korea years ago.  To say he's ignored them is ignorant.  The reason they have much more capability is because before Bush got into office the Clinton administration did what Kerry says he wants to do in Iran, Give them the capability on their word they won't use it for Nukes.  Madeline Albright, Clinton's patsy, says North Korea "Tricked" their administration.... ???  So in what, 5 years the Kerry admin is going to be saying Iran tricked them, N. Korea in bilateral talks again like the Clintons?  China and Japan out of the negotiating process?

It's amazing how Kerry now proposes plans Bush is already implementing.  The argument about the military is the same scare about manufacturing.  The structure of the military is changing, cheaper unmanned units for recon arial and ground.  Fewer troops are there because the massive ground forces needed in times past aren't needed anymore.  With the equipment (Kerry voted against) fewer troops carry more capability.  Resources shift, just like the revolutions in manufacturing.

The progress made is undeniable, but it's under reported or not reported at all by the world news.  They don't want us to think we have a chance at succeeding.  That's why I'm glad I have good friends in the military, you wind up having friends that email you from all over the world you used to school or work or play with.  If it's bad, they'll tell me.  Some are scared, and they tell me they'd be more scared if they weren't, the tactics of the terrorists piss them off more than anything else, and it should us too, it shouldn't paralize us.

And Kerry had a good hand as much as an individual can in ensuring Vietnam was the fiasco it was.  He still hasn't apologized for meeting with the enemy in Paris, for his rhetoric used in the psycological torture of our troops behind the lines, the courage it gave the enemy to know  we were divided and some wanted to pull out.  It made them fight harder.  The boo hooing of the press didn't help much then either.  Again.

And the Iraqi forces that were in place, some were working with the terrorists and kidnapping people.  We have a media escapee here testifying Iraqi police waved him through 2 checkpoints while in a car full of terrorists with guns pointing at him.  The guards and the terrorsts talked like chums.  We had to do it the way we did, hard as it is.  You can make all the plans you want going into a fight, but once it starts you pretty much can scrap them all, the plans must change and be flexible.  Ours were, ours are, our equipment facilitates this.  As we fight them we learn, and we're winning, in spite of the world media.  I've been prepared for the Vietnam schtick as soon as I thought we were going to Iraq again.  It's what those pansys did back then, it's the human shield mentality.  It's probably ticking off every non-elected leader in the world and their pet media shows it.

#22    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

I gave you proof and have other things to do besides chase the internet for things anyone can see! He (kerry) has voted against many defense measures including the upgrade of equitment that would benefit our troops in Iraq. I cant make it any clearer your argument is pointless i gave proof I just didn't provide link. I have a job! I cannot spend my entire day doing google searches etc. Kerry's voting record is just that a voting RECORD LOOK IT UP!

With people like this getting the vote, no wonder Bush is in power tongue.gif *shakes her head with a sigh*

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#23    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:49 PM

Seraphina
  I totally agree with Panther, John Kerry's voting record is open to public scrutiny, look it up. May I also point out it is not the President of the United States job to keep you safe it is his job to keep the United States safe. Scotland is not on his watch, unless you want to apply for statehood.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#24    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:54 PM

I'm well aware it isn't his job to keep my safe huh.gif Believe me, if it was, I'd be fleeing the country tongue.gif

However, it is a fact that whoever is elected President WILL effect my life, one way or another...the US is perhaps the worst busybody in the world, and loves to interfere in other county's business (so long as it can benefit from it that is), and the UK has been known to tag along.

I don't particuarly want a near retarded maniac in power for another term huh.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#25    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(twpdyp @ Oct 9 2004, 06:11 PM)
SilverCouger
  Ok how about it took William Jefferson Clinton 8 years to mess it up and you expect George W. Bush to clean it up in 4 years. Would you at least agree that Saddam had 12 years to comply with the U.N. resolutions, and that the U.N. authorized the use of force if he did not comply. If anyone is crazy enough to use chemical weapons on his own population and then invade a peaceful neighbor, don't they really pose a threat to the free world?
   While we are on the subject and since I brought up former President Clinton, how about his turning down a chance to nab Osama when he had the chance?
  Ohhh and who gives a rats hind end if the rest of the world is "stern" with us?
After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor did we give a damn what the rest of the world thought. I don't believe we need to pass a test, Kerry's words, before we act to remove a homicidal mad man from power.
   I would think the example of Quadaffi would be enough to convine anyone that we needed to remove Saddam, he had plenty of time to comply with the U.N. sanctions.

View Post

Did I say Clinton was right to do what he did? No.

But it's *ALWAYS* always, always, always the responcibility of the current president to take the ball that was handed to him and run with it.  Not ignore it and hope it'll go away.  Because obviously it didn't.

And careing about how the world views us *is* importaint.  Especialy since politicians can't seem to keep thier heads out of thier arshes.  It's kinda nice to have global friends, not global enemies.

Oh and Osama.. Yeah, Clinten had his chance and fumbled.  Now good ol' Georgie had a chance.  But like his father, left something half assed finished, a dangerous guy left standing, and deflected his fumble to finish up what his father couldn't do.

Nice going back to pearl harbor there.  If we did care about what the rest of the world thought, and was doing, it might have never happened. *might* because it's kinda really hard to tell what might have happened with a past analogy.  But because we were being isolationalists, not giving a rats arsh, Japan thought we were a threat.  Hmm....

Oh yeah, you speak of Clinton fubaring up... Bush sr. did one hell of a job doing the same thing.  *HE* had the cnace to root out Saddam as well when he was in office.  Whoops.. looks like his son had to do that.  Oh wait...  Now he's got Osama still at large, terrorists still plugging along as if nuthing happened, North Korea with nukes, and a good chuck of the world pissed at us and thinking he's either some kind of clown or power hungry redneck.

You see what I'm getting at?

I've lost faith in the people that run this contry.  And I will plug at it and elect those I feel *CAN* do a better job.  And right now Bush isn't the one I'd feel comfortable with running this country for another 4 years.  

Is Kerry?  Maybe, maybe not.  But if he fubars up, we can oust him oust of office in 4 years.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#26    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:14 PM

I would rather have a president, who forms his own opinions and furthers them. Than one who keeps the same ones, no matter how stupid.

By the way, Im rofl right now because of what seraphina said about bush being nearly retarded.

It is worthy of my siggy!

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#27    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

Thank you, I do try and shoot for those immortal lines tongue.gif Unfortunately, I'm greatly hampered when trying to think of them in regards to the Bush administration....stupidity isn't the best of inspirations huh.gif

Posted Image

#28    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

John Kerry keep us safe?, Get real

How can anyone actually say this when Kerry has never been President therefore you have no idea what he will do. Bush we can take a close guess because we have four years of example. Equally Howard we can say will screw up the country, because we have over a decades worth of his mistress's rule as an example. But not with Kerry, therefore you cannot say this until you see what he actually does.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#29    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,885 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

Actually Talon, Kerry could have stopped 2 planes from being hijaked. He got informed on what the troubles were with security, and what the planes would be used as, and he didnt do anything neither...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#30    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

He never been President, you have no idea what he will do as President.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users