Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chinese Pharmacutical Co loses billions HK$

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

http://www.scmp.com/...=afternoon_news

And everyone wonders why big pharm has shills on websites,debunking anyone putting their poisons down .
Tut tut

Weibo,the Chinese version of Twitter ,had a doctor named Meng,post a warning about a certain med ,being dangerous to children .
I will look the med up,as I cannot tell if the doctor was referring to western or eastern implications .

The company that put the med out,lost 1.24 billion HK$ in revinues . The item was reblogged 1000s of times ,and then celebrities got involved .
The woman that did the tv commerical for it said she won't be doing commercials for medications every again .

For anyone wondering the conversion rate ,1.24 billion HK ,is just shy of 160 million USD .

http://english.sina....123/552498.html

I cannot seem to find a list of ingredients ,but like many Asian over the counter remedies ,its got both
components.

The ingredients are a bit disturbing though,from what I can see.

http://www.renhe.com...wsId=1000000694
. Its ingredients include not only aluminum hydroxide and magnesium oxide-both of the western medicinal ingredients are used to quickly relieve the pain and acidity of stomach, but also dried tangerine or orange peel and pithecellobium clypearia-both of the Chinese medicinal ingredients .

I'm think Aluminum is not good for a child .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 02 February 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Miss me?

#2    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I cant see where with what was listed where this would be dangerous. Not something Id use personally..weird story.

Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Hydroxide are antacids used together to relieve heartburn, acid indigestion, and upset stomach. They may be used to treat these symptoms in patients with peptic ulcer, gastritis, esophagitis, hiatal hernia, or too much acid in the stomach (gastric hyperacidity). They combine with stomach acid and neutralize it. Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Hydroxide are available without a prescription.

gotta be something else in it. That combo wouldnt be bad for kids methinks

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is a pain reliever and a fever reducer. The exact mechanism of action of is not known.
Paracetamol is used to treat many conditions such as headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fevers. It relieves pain in mild arthritis but has no effect on the underlying inflammation and swelling of the joint.
Paracetamol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide

think of ibuprophen

Uses for Amantadine Hydrochloride

Treatment of Seasonal Influenza A Virus Infections

Symptomatic treatment of uncomplicated respiratory tract illness caused by susceptible influenza A virus in adults, adolescents, and children ≥1 year of age.1

Nothing especially bad there if its recomended for children greater then 1year old its usually safe enough with a doctors Rx to give to a child under that age in the correct dose with supervision.

Edited by AsteroidX, 02 February 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,236 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I can only imagine the litigation that would follow on after such a thing in this country!  Come to think of it there is probably a new specialty of law forming even now because of social media.  The ability to inflict damage on a competitor anonymously would be extreme!
I got dog sick in Guanzhou, China once and saw a hotel medic - she gave me "cough syrup" that was as much like castor oil as anything I've had since I was a kid in the '60s  
That stuff SCARED me well.....  :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

I cant see where with what was listed where this would be dangerous. Not something Id use personally..weird story.

gotta be something else in it. That combo wouldnt be bad for kids methinks

think of ibuprophen

Nothing especially bad there if its recomended for children greater then 1year old its usually safe enough with a doctors Rx to give to a child under that age in the correct dose with supervision.

I couldnt find a proper comprehensive list .
Aluminum isn't good for anyone ,and the article says the MD cites liver issues in pediatrics ,other literature claimed GI distress with instances of gastric bleeding .

My guess would be,the doctor that posted the warning,has seen a lot of sick kids on these meds,and is disheartened ,that despite negative reports ,its still being touted as a great med.
I would have to see the full list .
I will look for it in chinatown next time I go .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users