Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Horse meat could still be on sale in Britain

marek czerniej horse meat

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#91    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,745 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Looks like people don't mind much what they eat so long as they don't know what it is.
I do mind.

Posted Image

Mind you, if I was starving I would eat a beetle as long as its not halal.

I am not religious, but this does not make me anti religion.

#92    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 February 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

fancy a deal, i stop sending you emails for virgin Polish brides want to come to UK (only 4 children) and you wave the fee.

Oh so that was you was it? I'm still waiting on the delivery of my first order!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#93    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,745 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postealdwita, on 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Oh so that was you was it? I'm still waiting on the delivery of my first order!
She is on her way, just once she has given birth to baba no5.

#94    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Looks like people don't mind much what they eat so long as they don't know what it is.

I prefer not to have horse, cat or dog on my menu. Other than that I've tried alligator, rattlesnake, ostrich, bear, rabbit, deer, elk, squirrel, escargot, bison and a few other things. I have my limits.

#95    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

She is on her way, just once she has given birth to baba no5.

OK, providing liczba dziecko pięć is included in the original price.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!

#96    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,745 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostMichelle, on 14 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I prefer not to have horse, cat or dog on my menu. Other than that I've tried alligator, rattlesnake, ostrich, bear, rabbit, deer, elk, squirrel, escargot, bison and a few other things. I have my limits.
rattlesnake?  I will not eat that but will send you one for thanks giving. he is called "just try it buster". :innocent:

#97    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,178 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

There are things you could never get me to eat -- durian for example, and I'm not much for the lardy stuff they call Shanghai cuisine.

I've never eaten horse meat.  Ever since cavalry became obsolete there haven't been many horses around.  Ever tried water buffalo?

One thing the Americans have that you can't find in Vietnam is what we call "Western Chicken," but Americans call "Turkey."  (I wonder what the Turks think of that).  It is delicious stuff but I just can't find it here.

I try to avoid things like pork and cat and dog and rat since they are either carnivores or omnivores, and therefore unhealthy.  Those who think they are a delicacy have their noses out of joint.  Its a big con like "fine wine" from Dalat.

#98    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,745 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postealdwita, on 14 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

OK, providing liczba dziecko pięć is included in the original price.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ale może wzrosnąć, jeśli nie wyjdziesz za mnie szybko.

#99    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,178 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Cobra is a delicacy in Cambodia.  Whenever I visit the locals have a hunting expedition and find one for me.  I pretend to be delighted, but actually it tastes just like chicken.

#100    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I dread to think just what I've eaten in my years of globe-trotting, but I'm still here so perhaps my grandfather's old saying ..."What won't fatten will fill" is about right.

#101    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

May I ask what your criteria are for these limitations?

#102    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

There are things you could never get me to eat -- durian for example, and I'm not much for the lardy stuff they call Shanghai cuisine.

I love durians. I wish I could buy them here. they have the added bonus of keeping people away too!

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ale może wzrosnąć, jeśli nie wyjdziesz za mnie szybko.

Potem będzie kłaść to praca w unieruchomionym

Stoppit, stoppit!!!! My Polish is terrible!!!!

#103    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

I've never eaten horse meat.  Ever since cavalry became obsolete there haven't been many horses around.  Ever tried water buffalo?

One thing the Americans have that you can't find in Vietnam is what we call "Western Chicken," but Americans call "Turkey."  (I wonder what the Turks think of that).  It is delicious stuff but I just can't find it here.

I try to avoid things like pork and cat and dog and rat since they are either carnivores or omnivores, and therefore unhealthy.  Those who think they are a delicacy have their noses out of joint.  Its a big con like "fine wine" from Dalat.

I would try durian, I think...but I haven't smelled one yet so I'm not sure. :P  Never had water buffalo or rat, but would give it a shot. Rattlesnake tastes like chicken too. If I hadn't cleaned it and cooked it I would have probably been a little more open to eating it. As it was, it was a little difficult for me to get over the ick factor.

#104    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postredhen, on 14 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

May I ask what your criteria are for these limitations?

Besides the three I mentioned, it would probably be how rude it would be to turn up my nose at a meal someone went to the trouble to cook for me.

#105    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostMichelle, on 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I would try durian, I think...but I haven't smelled one yet so I'm not sure. :P  

Close your eyes and try to imagine the outcome of throwing a grenade into a cesspool and then falling backwards into an old farmyard slurry pit. You ain't even close!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users