Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Is a Psychopath?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,502 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Beware of one of the bogus tests out there. It presents a scenario in which the the "wrong" answer to a question supposedly is indicative of psychopathy rather than logic. According to the test, I'm a true blue psychopath. Most detectives and investigators must be psychopaths too. I wish that I had a link to this so-called test, which some of you might have taken. It has to do with a woman who apparently murders her sister. She met or saw an attractive man at a relative's funeral, and she wished to date him. I can't remember all of the specifics.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#17    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,502 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 03 February 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

Everybody has traits of pretty much every mental health issue. For it to be a mental illness it has to be deemed a problem first.
Then there is the problem to find if it is stemmed from a physical(chemical or another brain anomaly), or an actual thinking problem(which comes from the social stigma type things).

They are just written in a way that it makes it easy for people to falsely conclude that a person has a mental illness by people who haven't actually studied or understand the process.

The reasons behind why people do things are important, not just the external factors and the end results.

That's a great point. One might meet some of the secondary indicators of psychopathy but be one of the most empathetic and sympathetic people in their community. You illustrated one of the dangers of knee-jerk psychology. It's as dangerous to jump to conclusions as it is to enable aberrant behavior through denial.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Where evil lurks: Neurologist discovers 'dark patch' inside the brains of killers and rapists
  • Scans reveal a patch at the front of the brain can be seen in people with records for criminal violence
  • German scientist who made the discovery classifies evil in three groups
http://www.dailymail...rs-rapists.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 04 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I was half joking when I said I thought I was a psychopath :) , but thank you for addressing my fears, anyway. I was actually referring to Mr Right Wing's post where he explains the vicious circle of poverty, neglect and abuse which is producing more and more psychopaths/sociopaths.

You're an idiot and your posts are stupid. How does that make you feel?

When someone lowers your self-esteem how do you regulate your thoughts -
1. I ignore their comments and put any negative feelings out of my mind.
2. I ignore their comments because I see them as negative perceptions which arent true.
3. I remould the situation into something more positive so I feel good about myself.
4. I cant deal with it and it does my mind in.

Psychopathy is an obsession with being defective which is similar to an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The obsession prevents them regulating their thoughts so they engage in maladaptive behaviours instead which is what psychopathic behaviour is. Their obsession is so extreme they have no concept of other peoples rights or feelings.

Causes -
1. Not learning to regulate your feelings during childhood.
2. Genetic issues causing learning problems.
3. Psychological trauma so horrific the feelings associated with it can no longer be regulated away.

Psychopathy can be treated but getting inside their minds to fix them is hard as many wont let the psychologist in. It requires Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is about teaching them correct ways of thinking so they learn how ordinary people regulate their feelings. For psychological trauma (Post traumatic stress etc) it gets a little more complicated as it does if its caused by genetics.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 07 February 2013 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users