Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Iran unveils 'stealth' fighter

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,149 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

You may as well just give up, Obama. last week it was a Submarine, now it's the Dominant 313.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21307208

I wonder if it uses Keshe antigravity technology?

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 02 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#2    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 02 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

You may as well just give up, Obama. last week it was a Submarine, now it's the Dominant 313.

Are you kidding? Don't fool yourself, this is exactly what Obama wants. He is working his hardest to dismantle the United States from the inside. So, I am fairly positive when he heard that a Muslim country was releasing such an advanced jet, he was very pleased with the progress.

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 02 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Are you kidding? Don't fool yourself, this is exactly what Obama wants. He is working his hardest to dismantle the United States from the inside. So, I am fairly positive when he heard that a Muslim country was releasing such an advanced jet, he was very pleased with the progress.

It's his middle name that gives it away!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

How do you figure that would follow from this?

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 02 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#5    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Pooseycat

• 1,769 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Fake. or at least not stealthy. A stealthy airplane would have some kind of plating on the canopy (usually gold) to reflect radar away before it could bounce off the pilot's fillings, eyeglasses, helmet fittings and all the other metal bits that cockpits feature.

#6    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,275 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Analysis

The Qaher F313 looks like a cheap copy of the American F22 and its capabilities are unknown. State TV did not even show its take-off or landing. Iran is in dire need of planes to boost its ageing fleet. The 1980-1988 Iraq-Iran war left a big dent in Iran's air force arsenal of US-supplied planes.

So there ya go.

Posted Image

#7    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 02 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Congratulations CP, you've managed to corner the market on stupid.

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I bet wed have no problem catching it on our radar if weve already caught it in a photo.

#9    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postdharma warrior, on 02 February 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Congratulations CP, you've managed to corner the market on stupid.
it does seem to win a prize for non sequitur of the year so far, that's for sure.

- Philip K. Dick.

#10    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 February 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I bet wed have no problem catching it on our radar if weve already caught it in a photo.
i wonder if it's likely to ever fly?
I wonder how long they've been "developing" it, apparently in total secrecy (and Iran is hardly a country that the Intelligence community don't take very much interest in, is it?)

- Philip K. Dick.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

bull****.

And considering that it took them 4 years to 'mass produce' 6 Azaraksh fighters, I wouldn't be too worried about this one.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#12    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,522 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 02 February 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Fake. or at least not stealthy. A stealthy airplane would have some kind of plating on the canopy (usually gold) to reflect radar away before it could bounce off the pilot's fillings, eyeglasses, helmet fittings and all the other metal bits that cockpits feature.

So, basically you have no knowledge of aeronautics?

#13    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

i wonder if it's likely to ever fly?

Apparently if it does we wont see it. Those tricky Iranians. :nw:

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,771 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 02 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

So, basically you have no knowledge of aeronautics?
I certainly don't but all the stealth aircraft I've seen don't have so many sharp edges as this aircraft seems to have.  The aircraft looks impressive actually but stealth is not a cheap project and I will be very surprised if they have truly made a stealthy aircraft.  One point that no one seems to be stating is that stealth by it's nature is for ATTACKING not defending one's territory.  If they are such a peace loving bunch of souls then what's up with that?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#15    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 02 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Nonsense. Iran does not have the technological capacity to pull off anything like that.
Iran´s technological progress is more typically expressed by inventing amputation machines to carry out Shariah law:

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JnyMsnQD

Edited by Zaphod222, 03 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users