Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is proof of alien life a risk to society ?

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#16    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Finding bacterium or similar might simply argue for randomness of chance contact perhaps due to meteorite contact. If we were to find entities with comparable intelligence and morality that might be a profound argument for the universality of something akin to "created in God's image" and might move our civilization towards self-realization and unity. If, however, the life is considerably more evolved than us, I doubt that we would find it, it indeed has probably already found, studied us, and determined overt contact is not desirable. Or, God, is the collective energy of highly evolved civilizations, and has already made contact perhaps in the form of a strikingly evolved human such as Jesus. And, what did we do?

Edited by highdesert50, 03 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#17    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Would love to be able talk with E.T. and find out about his/ hers or its religion, god/ gods, beliefs in the after life etc!

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#18    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

And after the mighty ship came down at the designated landing spot -- accidentally killing sever hundred onlookers with their quantum space-time inversion engines -- the small group of three ambassadors cautiously and fearfully made their way to the two alien life forms that had just disembarked the ship.

Holding out the language translator built by scientists and technicians who had intercepted and decoded alien transmissions, the three Earth ambassadors each took their turn asking a question.

"We would like to know about your system of Government," said the first ambassador.

"Our people would like to know how you achieved interstellar flight," said the second ambassador.

"Please tell us of your religion, especially concerning your belief in God," said the third ambassador.

The two alien life forms stood silently for a moment, as though they were contemplating and formalizing the proper responses to such profound questions.

Finally, one alien life form turned towards the other and said, "See? I told you they were nothing but stupid monkeys. So pay up!"

#19    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I doubt that the world would go into panic mode. Sure you will get some nuts out there, but i doubt there would be food hoarding, anarchy in the streets, lol. For most part i think people would be more like "i knew it" and they would get on with their lives.  
I don't think it would even effect religions that much. The Muslims would say that is Blasphemous, the West lies, no such thing as Alien life but Allah, the Christians and every other religion would just think its a test of god.  
Now if Aliens were to start landing and showing themselves, that could be a whole different story.

#20    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I think it would be inspirational to know that, out there, another race of intelligence made it.
To think it can be done and to aspire to greatness.
Even the anticipation of discovering alien culture and what we could learn, would be such an awesome motivating inspiration to many.

Edited by HDesiato, 03 February 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#21    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and suddenly silenced" - Obi-Wan

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#22    equus hemionus

equus hemionus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• believe anything or not

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

The problem I see is we take ourselves to seriously

#23    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,358 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I thought just about everyone believes that there is life besides us. I do not think anyone would freak out, it seems most know this all ready.

As for religions, they will just say God or the Bible never said they did not make life else where......

No biggie.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,639 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

What could we do ? Just take it if it comes ! We are ants ,or worst just little bits of intelligence to them.
We can do nothing ! Resistance is Futile !

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,358 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

What could we do ? Just take it if it comes ! We are ants ,or worst just little bits of intelligence to them.
We can do nothing ! Resistance is Futile !

I used to all ways say that....

We are someones ant farm on a desk some where......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#26    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,639 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

You know Sakari we just might some day see what happens,And If that day really came in my life time,I would not in one bit be scared . Even if they came to destroy our world as we know it. At least I will know that what I saw years ago was Alien beings doing there recon-work. ANd one needs not live forever. Maybe theres a chain of evolution that makes  some species the dominate ones ?
If they come in Peace then ITs Good too ! maybe we get a helping tentacle or multi clawed hand shake ?
But What if, just what if We all there is ? Then it really does seem like many have said"Sure is a Great Waste of Space"

I want so bad to be in the Loop ,not in the Bowl ,or Bowel !Even though I love a good hot spa,bath ! just without the onions,and carrots and that first chomp !

This is a Work in Progress!

#27    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Stanton Friedman raises an interesting point on this question. He wonders where it will leave all of Earth's competing governments, if the indisputable presence of extraterrestrials at this planet starts to make people think of themselves primarily as citizens of the world, rather than of separate nations. He thinks national governments would be reluctant to see themselves relegated to a secondary status, like states, provinces, or counties are within a nation, right now.

#28    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Is proof of alien life a risk to our societys hmm, only if your a religious devotee.

#29    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,562 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostWelshRed, on 03 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

"the discovery that we are not alone in the universe, a revelation that could have a profound effect on society"

Good, society needs shaking up BIG TIME, and where needs shaking most...?

RELIGION.
There's a horde of things that need a shaking up, what people believe is probably the least.
How people behave is what needs a shaking up.

View PostHarlequin Dreamer, on 03 February 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Is proof of alien life a risk to our societys hmm, only if your a religious devotee.
I think you'd be surprised.
Anyone whose world is small and cosy and routine and mundane would have it shaken to the core by aliens rocking up.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#30    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

what  no  one  seems  to  see  ,  or  take into account  is the  20%  oxygen  in  our atmosphere .

to  you  and  i  it  is  common place  and  of  no practical  importance ...   the  oxygen  is  the  reason  we see  falling  stars ,  it  is  the  cause of   fire ,  but  most  importantly...   its  why  there  are  no  impact craters  of  small  size  on  earth .

the  oxygen  of  earth  is  the  reason  for our  oceans ...  which  is  the  single  most  reactive  liquid  in  the  universe .

finding  life  in  the universe is  one thing  ,  finding  a  life  form  crazy  enought  to  visit  us  ,  knowing   what  awaits  them  is  something  totaly diffrent ....

and  it  is  unlikly  we  will  even warn  them  what   our  normal  is ...

it  might  be  quite rude  of  us to  invite  them here....  and  have  them  desolve  on  their  way  to  the  ground .  or  burst  into  flame  ,  char'd  to  a crisp  as  the ash  falls  from  our  skys....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users