Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is proof of alien life a risk to society ?

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#91    nothingliz

nothingliz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• if it looks like a chicken,smells like a chicken, and even taste like a chicken, don't be discouraged when you find out its a goose.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

It is not a risk for the introduction of alien life to the normal citizen, people know already that there is alien life out there.  The desire of the few use their puppet scientist to refute the possability of life else-where and they refute the more than possable advanced ancient civilizations.  They think themselves to be the Siskel and Ebert of the science world, but the only thing they do is keep people confused and living in a selfish world.  A world where humans are the dominant species of the universe.  But every species has a threat.  The scariest threat are those that you can't see, because by the time you are aware of them they have already had their way with you.  Those that choose to stay away from us but are non-destructive in nature, do so because we are destructive in nature, our ways have not advanced enough for co-habitation.

But remember that if there is a positive alien race working out there, you can be sure that there is a negative alien race.  For a long time now, there are those on the earth who have been changing our ideals, beliefs, and hearts to that of selfish ness.  So when we experience an alien race.  It may be that of the negative first.  When the people see through their camouflage.  Then the change for the better may come, then a positive alien race may visit.

There are many ways it can happen.  maybe the first visit is a positive alien race that may be rejected.  Who knows.  One things for sure, it will take alot of white blood cells to cure this patient.

If an alien race does visit, it may be negative though because our planet has been made ready for it.

But keep your hopes up.

#92    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postharleyblueswoman, on 04 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

SIRIUS: The Movie

The Earth has been visited by advanced Inter-Stellar Civilizations that can travel through other dimensions faster than the speed of light. What we have learned from them about energy propulsion can bring us to a new era, but those in power have suppressed this information in order to keep us at their mercy. It is time for you to know…and this documentary will let you in.
Thank you for your support. The 1st part of the campaign has ended. We are still taking donations to go towards the promotion of the film when it is finished. Please enter the amount you would like to give. For those giving $500 or more we will provide 2 tickets to the premiere (event only – lodging and travel are not included).
Please click here to donate to help with promotion of the film.

Stephen Greer? Really?

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 04 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#93    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postnothingliz, on 04 February 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

It is not a risk for the introduction of alien life to the normal citizen, people know already that there is alien life out there.  The desire of the few use their puppet scientist to refute the possability of life else-where and they refute the more than possable advanced ancient civilizations.  They think themselves to be the Siskel and Ebert of the science world, but the only thing they do is keep people confused and living in a selfish world.  A world where humans are the dominant species of the universe.  But every species has a threat.  The scariest threat are those that you can't see, because by the time you are aware of them they have already had their way with you.  Those that choose to stay away from us but are non-destructive in nature, do so because we are destructive in nature, our ways have not advanced enough for co-habitation.

But remember that if there is a positive alien race working out there, you can be sure that there is a negative alien race.  For a long time now, there are those on the earth who have been changing our ideals, beliefs, and hearts to that of selfish ness.  So when we experience an alien race.  It may be that of the negative first.  When the people see through their camouflage.  Then the change for the better may come, then a positive alien race may visit.

There are many ways it can happen.  maybe the first visit is a positive alien race that may be rejected.  Who knows.  One things for sure, it will take alot of white blood cells to cure this patient.

If an alien race does visit, it may be negative though because our planet has been made ready for it.

But keep your hopes up.

What do you read?

Have you ever heard of Carl Sagan, Frank Drake, Enroco Fermi, Stephen Hawking, DeGrasse Tyson or Michio Kaku? Do you knew what their take is on Alien life? Do you know what their qualifications are?

There are two types of believer. One is very respectable. The other, not so much.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#94    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

View Postbison, on 04 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Perhaps a more nuanced question would be: Why are we not able to unambiguously discern their presence?  A tentative answer: Because they don't wish us to, at this time.
It may be more 'nuanced', but it also ignores Occam's Razor and adds a whole pile of other questions..  WHY don't they wish to?  Why are they so bad at it, getting 'glimpsed' (in a way that is always not-quite 'proof') all the time?  Are they also deliberately teasing us?  And why are aliens more feasible than say, interdimensional beings or time travelers (or faeries)?

I don't see any problem in suggesting that if you look at ALL the other reasons why 'they' might be incredibly rare, then add that to the incredibly difficult (if insurmountable) problems of distance and simple timing (Ooops, we visited in the wrong billion years...) then the observed 'no show' is hardly surprising and doesn't really require inventing obscure motives.

Further, if they are 'hiding', is there much point in speculating until they come out of the closet..?

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#95    mrknownothing

mrknownothing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm not a very religious person but, to me, it seams that if the universe is full of life it would point more towards a God/Creator. If there's just life here it would be more of a freak cosmic accident. Why would a deity make all this then just populate one little planet? Not trying to undermine anybodys beliefs but it does seam odd to me.

#96    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

It may be more 'nuanced', but it also ignores Occam's Razor and adds a whole pile of other questions..  WHY don't they wish to?  Why are they so bad at it, getting 'glimpsed' (in a way that is always not-quite 'proof') all the time?  Are they also deliberately teasing us?  And why are aliens more feasible than say, interdimensional beings or time travelers (or faeries)?

I don't see any problem in suggesting that if you look at ALL the other reasons why 'they' might be incredibly rare, then add that to the incredibly difficult (if insurmountable) problems of distance and simple timing (Ooops, we visited in the wrong billion years...) then the observed 'no show' is hardly surprising and doesn't really require inventing obscure motives.

Further, if they are 'hiding', is there much point in speculating until they come out of the closet..?
Occam's razor is useful in judging the probable merit of different explanations of a given natural phenomenon. Since Intelligent life may not reliably choose the simplest or most straightforward course of action, its usefulness in this case is in some doubt.
It is perfectly reasonable that some other species could be observing us, and so might wish to limit its own influence on our behavior. They are obviously not simply hiding. If they are currently observing our reaction to *hints* of their presence, they would presumably not wish to be known to exist in an obvious, unambiguous way. This sort of gradual introduction of themselves has precedent in our own primate research.
The existence of interdimensional beings would require us to assume the existence of alternate spatial dimensions that they could occupy, and also to assume that they could move from their own dimensions to ours. That seem a needless complication of physics, when we already have a scientific basis for allowing our own universe to be inhabited.
Time travel also requires a good deal of undemonstrated new physics to avoid the problem of creating paradoxes. Faeries seem a mixed lot. They could be written off as survivals in the mind of man of ancient nature deities. They could, in some cases, also conceivably represent extraterrestrial encounters interpreted within a rural, pre-space age milieu.
Just as there was once a tendency to see the Earth as occupying a unique and central position in the universe, there is a modern tendency in some to think intelligent life exceptionally rare, or even unique to this planet. Every time in the past we have thought ourselves extraordinary, we've seen our ideas refuted, eventually.
A civilization that had managed to establish itself throughout the galaxy long, long ago, would probably prove to be very durable, and long lived, as a whole. They would be essentially immune to any local catastrophe like a supernova, or a terminally expanding  star of lesser mass.  I see no reason why they wouldn't be here to greet us, when they felt the time was ripe.

#97    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,117 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I think the people most harmed by the actuality of alien life is the people who try to manage, and fail, to run the governments throughout the world. THEY will be the ones most at risk, and rightfully so. Let's all move to iceland.

#98    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

To me it depends on two things,

1) Who's more advanced
2) Who's more hostile

#99    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,804 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Theres a Third possibility !
1.Who`s more advanced
2. WHo`s more hostile
3.  Who`s taste the best ! :tu:
Oh ! Oh ! and we shall not forget THe One that can hide the best is not on the menu !

This is a Work in Progress!

#100    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Im taking for granted that any ET that is able to get here through the myriad of dangers involved in interstellar space travel will probably be able to do to us what I can do to an old lady, that is a sleap.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#101    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Theres a Third possibility !
1.Who`s more advanced
2. WHo`s more hostile
3.  Who`s taste the best ! :tu:
Oh ! Oh ! and we shall not forget THe One that can hide the best is not on the menu !

Let's hope they fancy Chinese when they get here.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#102    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,431 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postmrknownothing, on 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm not a very religious person but, to me, it seams that if the universe is full of life it would point more towards a God/Creator. If there's just life here it would be more of a freak cosmic accident. Why would a deity make all this then just populate one little planet? Not trying to undermine anybodys beliefs but it does seam odd to me.
wouldn't that rather be the other way round? like....if life IS everywhere, it must be a common thing to happen? If we would turn out to be alone, wouldn't that be more "miraculous"?

#103    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

View Postscowl, on 04 February 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Because we've done it.

We never did.

When was the last time we travelled to another star?

#104    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 February 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

They are not supposed to answer any question as far as I know, they are thought experiments. What they illustrate is what life is something we need to think about, not just assume that because there are many stars that the Universe is teeming with life. To date, we have no evidence of other life. Even if we find a microbe on Mars, if it's signature matches that of life on earth, it is not really an Alien, it's an ancestor. The building blocks for life are abundant, but that does not mean they have been put together. And whilst life is likely to be abundant in the Universe  Intelligent life, and that is what TSR is referring to, is not likely to be abundant according to the best minds on the subject.
We can say "we have no idea" and that is fine, but is someone says "The universe is teeming with life" well I am afraid there is just no proof of that, and these thought experiments should make one think, and consider, perhaps that is not the case after all.

Yes, as I said above it is a thought experiment, like Schrodinger's cat. It means we should think about blurting out "facts" about alien life, because any "Fact" on alien life is nonexistent. I had the same whine some time ago, I thought I was the last one to understand this as entirely a thought experiment. However it does provide tighter paramaters than the claim of "The Universe is Teeming With Life" because reality is, outside of this rock, we have not a clue, and UFO's are not proof that such life exists. Statistics say there should be other life. But teeming? Even the Universe has a Goldilocks zone. Not just planets in solar systems.
And, I bet rags to riches that it is more accurate than everything Stanton Friedman has ever had to say, tied in a bunch and folded over.

I figured some thought would not hurt when we are told the Universe is teeming with life, in fact, it is more curious that my post drew more attention than that silly claim to begin with. Curious. Why do you suppose that might be?

You heard the latest news about that Goldilocks Zone? Earth is NOT in it:

Earth and others lose status as Goldilocks worlds
http://www.newscient...cks-worlds.html

Edited by Abramelin, 05 February 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#105    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 February 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

You heard the latest news about that Goldilocks Zone? Earth is NOT in it:

Earth and others lose status as Goldilocks worlds
http://www.newscient...cks-worlds.html

LOL, no I had not, cheers, that is rather silly isn't it, according to it, we are to hot to have liquid water, because clouds are not factored in? We know habitable zones are not restricted to suns, as is suspected with Europa and Titan. I wonder how they factor those in? I think I can safely say that Sedna is not going to be harbouring life though ;)

I have a strong feeling that the new "definition" is going to have some changes yet.

Still, the Universe itself is suspected to also have a habitable zone, which makes sense when you consider evolution of the Universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users