Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deadliest ever US sniper killed

chris kyle sniper rough creek lodge us navy seal

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#106    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense -- Ron Paul
5:05 PM - 04 Feb 13 (Twitter)

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP [Ron Paul]
Source:
http://www.facebook....152285499876686

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#107    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 February 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense -- Ron Paul
5:05 PM - 04 Feb 13 (Twitter)

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP [Ron Paul]
Source:
http://www.facebook....152285499876686

The man no one would vote for except a very few,I am no christian but this man had a idea of our military defending our country not every one else's.Like i said this lies more on our gov and the people who keep putting morons in there not those who are ordered to do these things.I dont know of any soldiers who can declare war on other nations,never heard of this happening.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#108    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,184 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostEonwe, on 04 February 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

This man, of course, was a Navy SEAL, which means he was equally intelligent to how strong he was and how skilled he was with any weapon. You have to be wicked smart and have a ridiculous aptitude to be a SEAL. You cannot mess up - ever - or you and your teammates are dead. You have Jesse Jackson saying we should put the DHS in Chicago and calling people who back the Second Amendment 'Domestic Terrorists', but when it comes down to the most skilled sniper in the US - an incredibly smart man, blasting holes in the logic of the current administration and their agenda regarding guns - it's impossible for him to have been taken out? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the hell does that not make sense?
Sorry to ruin your childhood fantasies, but no matter how skilled or strong you are, you're not invincible.
If we you want to start throwing around accusations, you may as well have killed him.

On top of that, the CNN coverage keeps referring to how Kyle was killed by a semi-automatic handgun. It looks like the media is going to spin this and use Kyle, a fierce advocate for gun rights and the Second Amendment, as a martyr to go after handguns, next.
Looks like someone doesn't have a real argument so they need to grasp at straws.

Something smells stinky here.
No doubt your breath.

Have you kooks got something of substance or is it always the same baseless allegations?

#109    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Sorry to ruin your childhood fantasies, but no matter how skilled or strong you are, you're not invincible.
If we you want to start throwing around accusations, you may as well have killed him.

Looks like someone doesn't have a real argument so they need to grasp at straws.

No doubt your breath.

Have you kooks got something of substance or is it always the same baseless allegations?

And where in my post did I even indicate my belief in illusions of grandeur, or refer to how I cling to my childish psychological-induced fanaticism about the invincibility of man? As Camus said, we all are going to die - when and where don't really matter. He's dead - his worries are over, as cynical as that sounds. However, we're alive, and we're dealing with the aftermath - like his death being blasted all over the media and portrayed in whatever light the Left see fit.

Please don't put words in to my mouth.

I was merely highlighting that he was a skilled operator in combat - and his skills were only matched by his intelligence.

I was using a comparison to highlight how smart this guy was - because you need to be a damn near genius to be a SEAL; to react to situations in an instant, as if instinctively - proving one is a genius through hard work, or being able to form highly complex plans through sheer mental processes that save your life or those around you. Special operators are known to do the impossible - because if they don't, they're dead.

Because he was smart, and saw through the agenda, he was a threat. And now, unfortunately, he's neutralized.

Edited by Eonwe, 05 February 2013 - 09:55 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#110    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostEonwe, on 05 February 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

And where in my post did I even indicate my belief in illusions of grandeur, or refer to how I cling to my childish psychological-induced fanaticism about the invincibility of man? As Camus said, we all are going to die - when and where don't really matter. He's dead - his worries are over, as cynical as that sounds. However, we're alive, and we're dealing with the aftermath - like his death being blasted all over the media and portrayed in whatever light the Left see fit.

I was merely highlighting that he was a skilled operator in combat - and his skills were only matched by his intelligence.

I was using a comparison to highlight how smart this guy was - because you need to be a damn near genius to be a SEAL; to react to situations in an instant, as if instinctively - proving one is a genius through hard work, or being able to form highly complex plans through sheer mental processes that save your life or those around you. Special operators are known to do the impossible - because if they don't, they're dead.

Because he was smart, and saw through the agenda, he was a threat. And now, unfortunately, he's neutralized.
But he wasn't genius enough to know that a)his actions were going to get him killed and b)he couldn't prevent it

#111    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 05 February 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

But he wasn't genius enough to know that a)his actions were going to get him killed and b)he couldn't prevent it

Often times we're betrayed by those around us.

Did Caesar expect be assassinated by Brutus?

Et tu, Brute?

#112    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Im just gonna CT this one. Pick your poison as to what happened.

1. Say that Texas the only state in the Union with the legal rights to secede staged the whole thing to hide the most dangerous man outside of the military with a sniper rifle. This one would have been to easy to cover up and could have been done at the local level.

2. If not then whats happening to our top Seals ? Seal commander commits suicide....Top seal sniper now murdered....

3. Will the gunmans family get the bounty offered by Al Queda ? seems he should or they gonna loose street cred.

4. He got murdered by a ex-soldier suffering from PTSD and we have a VA system that is crap. So Chris Kyle was making up for it by plugging holes in the broken system. He used his best judgment and it cost him and his friend there lives.

#113    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

This

Attached File  shooter11280ci8.jpg   72.79K   12 downloads

#114    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,184 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostEonwe, on 05 February 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Maybe you want to get to the point then. What purpose does *highlighting* his skills got **** to do with the government killing him?

#115    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 05 February 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Maybe you want to get to the point then. What purpose does *highlighting* his skills got **** to do with the government killing him?

Are you daft?

Do you comprehend English?

Refer to my earlier post that got to the point that you clearly missed.

Because he was influential as the premier sniper in the US he had recognition and thus people listened to him - thus he had influence. And because he created a company that trained armed guards and trained people how to use weapons properly (Craft International); like the producer of the popular Youtube channel - FPSRussia - that demonstrates how to use various guns - who was found in his home with a bullet in his skull - he had sway - although he, Kyle in particular, moved against the grain with common sense, legitimate points, an understanding of history, and was an opponent to the ideas and legislation being pandered around via Washington's agenda which is: blast the conservatives, make the NRA and their armed guards idea seem crazy, and demonize gun owners.

Of course, this SEAL was a person who trained people how to use weapons - which is not what the government wants since there is a clear agenda.

As George Carlin once eloquently stated:

"But I'll tell you what they don't want.  They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting ****ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 ******* years ago.

"You know what they want? Obedient workers ­ people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork but just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And, now, they're coming for your Social Security. They want your ******* retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all, sooner or later, because they own this ******* place. It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club."

I don't mean to come across as rude, but please read my posts before you reply.

Edited by Eonwe, 05 February 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#116    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostDan, on 04 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

What weapons?

The ones he used to fight us...
http://en.wikipedia....€"Iraq_war

You know the ones from when we pushed Iraq into a war with Iran... That's when we where still in charge of Saddam. Hence why he was so angry when we wanted him out of power.

Gotta love this bit:

Saddam Hussein donated large sums to various institutions in his campaign to curry favour with the United States. He was made an honorary citizen of Detroit in 1980.

What evidence?

That's gone now, I can't find it, but there was articles on it before.

Anyway bottom line is, the CIA made Al Qaeda. That's a common fact now.

Link?

I already gave you a link for that, he admitted there was no WMD's and the information was wrong.

You like making up your own facts? You Better get on wikipedia quick and fix his rise to power.

Just show me some links...

There is your links.. :tu:

Edited by Coffey, 05 February 2013 - 12:50 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#117    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,754 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostCoffey, on 04 February 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

My arrogance, you think Iraq was involved in 9/11, even Bush said they where not... Yet he's the one who lied about WMD's... lol

As for Iraq and WMD's:

From Wikipedia.

The WMD's we went in for where not mustard Gas.

Saddam had mustard gas and used it, but that was not the WMD's Bush meant.

All this can be read on Wikipedia.

AGAIN, IRAQ had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

WMD's = Iraq (which was false)
9/11 = Afghanistan
Again, you don't listen.  :no:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#118    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

An interesting disclosure about use of drone kills on American citizens. Not sure where it goes so Ill slip it in here.

http://news.yahoo.co...-031832960.html

#119    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,392 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Looks like the full implications of the new toy are beginning to sink in.

#120    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 04 February 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well if you truely served thanks for your service,lots of young men were drafted into vietnam had no choice but to go.I have several uncles who went.1 was a green beret the war ruined him,came back drank himself almost to death then finished the job off.I am not defending these pointless wars,but if you are suggesting that all the induvidual soldiers go off for there own empire making [of course i know how many millions they get paid wink wink] and our political leaders are not the real culprits who should be held accountable  then that is one of the most pompous answers available.I am not defending the pointless wars just the individual soldiers.

You have your opinion i have mine.Got to go later

Soldiers are pawns in a big game.  Some get promoted to Knight or Bishop, if you're a chess player.

Soldiers are cannon fodder, using the old terminology when they actually used cannon.  I'm all for the troops, and I am the first to recognize that there is such a thing as a legitimate war, and its opposite.

I'm glad you're not trying to defend these two illegitimate wars.  On that we agree.  You should read some of the comments of General Smedly Butler.  Sorry for no link.  He told it like it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users