Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deadliest ever US sniper killed

chris kyle sniper rough creek lodge us navy seal

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

And you my friend...are in violation of forum rules:
3c. Profanity: Do not use profanity, crude language or attempt to deliberately bypass the profanity filters.
3e. Flamebaiting: Do not taunt or bait another member in to an argument.
f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Yet you say nothing for him when he calls me a piece of filth...

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”

#32    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,639 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

It's called war.  We didn't start it.  What about the women and children and innocent men who lost their lives on 911?  Do you feel the same way about them?  And what of those who hide behind the skirts of women and their children to be protected from the onslaught they started with their massacre of innocence?  The shame of killing innocents does is not shared by those who were attacked...it is soley the blame of those attackers who use the innocent as a shield.

Oh i forgot how those Iraqi children were heavily involved in 911. Oh wait. Saddam just changed Iraq's policy on selling oil for gold instead of US$, but that was just a coincidence. It was about freedom and WMD's....

#33    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,529 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't like the idea of killing people. I don't know, maybe I'm just a friggin wimp.

What's odd to me, though, is that I have no problem with the idea of using severe, even lethal force against, say, someone attacking my children.
Perhaps that just "Natural instinct", who knows.

I know, personally, 2 former snipers, both Marines. Neither had no-where near the confirmed kills of this guy.

BTW, one of my friend "snipers" got arrested 2 years ago for shooting his friend 3-times in the head in California over a stupid argument.

He's now serving 50-life at High Desert State Prison.

#34    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 13,105 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 03 February 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Oh i forgot how those Iraqi children were heavily involved in 911. Oh wait. Saddam just changed Iraq's policy on selling oil for gold instead of US$, but that was just a coincidence. It was about freedom and WMD's....
Oh, I forgot how those Iraqi children were raped and tortured and their families brutally murdered by Saddam, his two sons, and whoever else had an appetite for young girls.  Right!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#35    joc

joc

• 13,105 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Yet you say nothing for him when he calls me a piece of filth...
He is in violation of forum rules as well.  So there.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#36    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,639 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Oh, I forgot how those Iraqi children were raped and tortured and their families brutally murdered by Saddam, his two sons, and whoever else had an appetite for young girls.  Right!

And this doesn't happen in Mali, Somalia, Congo, Ivory Coast and many many other places that sell oil in US$?

#37    joc

joc

• 13,105 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 03 February 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

And this doesn't happen in Mali, Somalia, Congo, Ivory Coast and many many other places that sell oil in US$?
It happens IN the Us as well.  The point is that  Somalia, Congo, Ivory Coast and many many other places that sell oil in the US do not have nuclear ambitions as did Saddam...and he did...and he played cat and mouse games with everyone.  He's dead.  Iraq is still a mess...but not because we went there...because Bush didn't have the guts to leave behind a legacy of starting WW3 by attacking Iran...even though they are the head of the terrorist snake.
I seriously don't see how you can blame American soldiers when the enemy hides behind their women and children...oh...and what of those innocent children who are sold into slavery to the Taliban and then strap bombs to their chests and shout Aliakbar as they blow up innocent women and children?  You are putting your blame game on the wrong side.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#38    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Not saying what all he had done was right,but remember this man wasnt over there just shooting just because he wanted to he was given orders to!Saying he got what he deserved turns my stomach to hear this being said about our returning soldiers,it is just wrong.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#39    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nail on Head Crimson !! :tsu:

#40    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,652 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Probably just another magic bullet.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#41    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,836 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Some of the bravest people in war are snipers because if they are caught there is no coming back,there will be no release!It is very easy to sit behind a computer and judge this man's bravery as lunacy,but remember it is because of our soldiers we have the freedom to sit here and say almost anything we want!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#42    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,624 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostEllJay, on 03 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It is ironic, how this guy died, no doubt!

Trying to help out guys with PTSD, which is so many, and ends up getting blasted by one of them.

The dogs of war bring death.

#43    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

It's called war.  We didn't start it.  What about the women and children and innocent men who lost their lives on 911?  Do you feel the same way about them?  And what of those who hide behind the skirts of women and their children to be protected from the onslaught they started with their massacre of innocence?  The shame of killing innocents does is not shared by those who were attacked...it is soley the blame of those attackers who use the innocent as a shield.

Please explain what 9/11 has to do with Iraq?

9/11 was supposedly done by Al Qaeda, that is why we invaded Afghanistan. (Well it was actually for the gas pipeline, but it was the excuse to the general public)

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.... You really should learn more about these wars before before trying to debate about them.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#44    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,836 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I for one am up for the idea of letting go of our military and letting everyone defend themselves.Since following orders is akin to being a criminal these human lives should not be asked to defend us!War has happened before and will happen again,let the ones who do not like or want guns or military defend themselves with whistles and ball bats.Everyone will be happy this way.I sure as hell know i would be!

#45    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

The replies I'm reading here are VERY disheartening to me! How DARE you say "What Goes Around Comes Around." We go over seas on your behalf! Even when we don't AGREE with what we're doing, it's our job. We do this job on orders from the people YOU vote in to office. You pedantic armchair politicians and critics, whom feel you're so big and bad and can talk like it over the internet from the safety of your perfect little home, and your perfect little life.

I don't see you leaving everyone you love, your spouses, your children, friends and family, for months to years at a time, in order to go and put your life on the line every single day, watching your friends and brothers/sisters in arms shed their blood and make the ultimate sacrifice, all for people like you! So you have the right to sit in your pathetic self-involved existence and spew such non-sense and make judgements on great men/women.

Especially when you have nothing to make these judgements except the bias media reports. GOOD was accomplished. You weren't there while the Iraqi people celebrated their liberation. When they held your hand, and were thanking you repeatedly with tears in their eyes. You weren't there while the people like you back home started screaming to the politicians and as a result created nothing but hassles for us whom were serving over there. We became stalled in our objectives, and couldn't continue helping the Iraqi's truly break free of the Muslim Brotherhood because people like you said "NO more war! STOP IT! CRY CRY CRY" when you knew NOTHING about what truly was going on. And as a result, we had to become nothing more than a police force. Not capable of continuing our push to rid the country of the true enemies.  All the while, we were slowly being killed, not able to engage in a REAL war and take the offensive. We were only allowed to be defensive.

So, until you know the facts, until you've LIVED the reality, don't you dare pass judgement on someone who gave their all for YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users