Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Requiring Gun Insurance Will Increase Safety

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postaztek, on 05 February 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

lol, another dumb idea, as far as safety goes, great idea on many making and controlling our lives.

we see how good car insurance increases safety. NOT.

Not only that, illegals don't get insurance. So only the law abiding will bind their own hands, right?

Why are our initial agencies seeking to remove the guns from The People while they fund terrorist orgs throughout the world ?????????? Makes me fast and furious.
Not only that but we have a DOJ that has been BOUGHT, which has rendered the Obama DOJ totally and absolutely ineffective, and makes the people in the DOJ look criminal in nature.
So where will the justice be?

Edited by regeneratia, 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#62    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Insurance is basically gambling. The government would only require gun insurance because the reward is greater then the risk of accident damage from legit gun owners. Would actually make things worse because some people might just not worry about it because now they have back and redirect some of their liability on to a middle man.

Might as well shoot him in the leg, I got insurance, Hell I'd let my friend shoot me in the leg if his payout is far less then what I would get from insurance. People being broke with another easy system to scam. Go go less violence.

#63    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

All these new laws and regulations will do is make generally law abiding citizens criminals. One more reason to keep the fact that you own guns a secret. People aren't going to rush to get their guns registered, if they aren't already.

#64    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostBama13, on 04 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Shooting people is a criminal act and surely criminal justice can deal with it. If you shoot someone, besides the jail time you are liable for damages. Seems like you are making my case against insurance for gun ownership.

No, because while in jail you hardly can compensate the victim for the damages.

But there is another possibility, we increase the scope of social security and have the victims compensated fromthere.... that is something everybody would cheer on because it, as usual, socializes the damage and privatizes the gain.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#65    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I cant afford Car Insurance Home Insurance Property Taxes and next Obamacare. Lay off the insurance crap. Its a Ponzi scheme.

#66    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Infringe - to limit or take away from. Why are they so determined to infringe upon the constitution? Don't they know that would just make it worse? Take away guns, you take away the people's last resort. All you people have been underestimating the gun population for years, they will have a revolution to protect our precious constitution when the second amendment is being infringed upon.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#67    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 05 February 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Infringe - to limit or take away from. Why are they so determined to infringe upon the constitution? Don't they know that would just make it worse? Take away guns, you take away the people's last resort. All you people have been underestimating the gun population for years, they will have a revolution to protect our precious constitution when the second amendment is being infringed upon.

As long as weare talking constitution, life takes priority over all other rights, as it was the main article. So infringements against items that threaten life can be passed at any time.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#68    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

So infringements against items that threaten life can be passed at any time.

They can pass an amendment that makes eating food illegal as that is there power. Doesnt make it right.

#69    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 05 February 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

They can pass an amendment that makes eating food illegal as that is there power. Doesnt make it right.

They cannot, as without food you would die... unless they pass an amendment first that takes away the right to life.

about me

#70    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Interesting concept. Very similar to the right to defend ones home.

#71    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 05 February 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Interesting concept. Very similar to the right to defend ones home.

Which is the main reason why the Supreme Court has ruled a total ban on weapons unconstitutional, not because of the second amendment as some always seem to believe. Because at the same time they have always said that it is within the right of the government to decide who gets to have a weapon and what weapons shall be legal to have as well as what procedure everybody must undergo to obtain such a weapon legally.

about me

#72    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postjoc, on 04 February 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

I think that could very easily be translated as:   "I am afraid."  The truth is QuesionMark...you are so much more likely to be killed or maimed by a drunk driver than as a result of a gun fired from anyone.  In all my life...I actually no one person who was shot by a criminal.  I also knew one person who was killed in my school growing up by a family member...and I know 3 people who have taken their lives at the hands of a gun.  In my entire life, that is 5 people I know who were killed or injured by a gun.  I'm 55 so, (calculating.....) that is 20,075 days in my life...divided by 5 = One person that I know every 4015 days.  I'd have to sit down for awhile and think to come up with a list of people I know who have died in car accidents.

Hell, I was in the Infantry and in combat and I only personnally know one person who was wounded by gun fire... But five of my friends and a much beloved sister were murdered by drunk drivers... I didn't see Car Insurance saving their lives... Or making anyone feel any better about it...

#73    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 February 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

As long as weare talking constitution, life takes priority over all other rights, as it was the main article. So infringements against items that threaten life can be passed at any time.

Never read that anywhere in the Constitution. Can you please point out where it says this.

I do know it says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

So the government can ban sky diving, scuba diving, snow skiing, water skiing, mountain climbing, etc. as all can threaten life?

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#74    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostBama13, on 06 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Never read that anywhere in the Constitution. Can you please point out where it says this.

I do know it says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

So the government can ban sky diving, scuba diving, snow skiing, water skiing, mountain climbing, etc. as all can threaten life?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-

The declaration of independence.

about me

#75    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-

The declaration of independence.

So you are claiming that life is more important than liberty because it is listed first, yet the colonists risked their lives for liberty. Seems they valued liberty over life. Hmm...

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Edited by Bama13, 06 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users