Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Euro Tremors Risk Market

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,177 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Bloomberg said:

Europe’s political tremors risk spoiling the region’s market calm, with corruption allegations buffeting Spanish Premier Mariano Rajoy and Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi narrowing the front-runner’s lead as elections loom.

Rajoy, facing opposition calls to resign amid contested reports about illegal payments, traveled to Berlin today as euro-area leaders schedule a flurry of meetings this week ahead of a Feb. 7-8 European Union summit. Last week’s nationalization of the Netherlands’ fourth-largest bank and a 2.17 billion-euro ($3 billion) loss at Deutsche Bank AG underscore the fragile economic health in the region.

“The euro crisis is not over,” German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Feb. 1 at the Munich Security Conference where fellow panelists included Deutsche Bank co-Chief Executive Officer Anshu Jain. Still, “we’re in a much better position than we were a year ago,” the minister said.

Read more

As if I did not know it: Euro over 1.36 to the dollar, new Euro crisis!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,808 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

As if I did not know it: Euro over 1.36 to the dollar, new Euro crisis!

so you think then they use these 'crisis's' as a tool to devalue the Euro to help with exports. i did read your post the other day were you did indicate in the coming days there would be an engineered crisis to worry the market (just a little) - result the euro falls in value back towards the €1,20 value.  :unsure2: or do we give them more credit than they deserve?

Edited by stevewinn, 04 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

so you think then they use these 'crisis's' as a tool to devalue the Euro to help with exports. i did read your post the other day were you did indicate in the coming days there would be an engineered crisis to worry the market (just a little) - result the euro falls in value back towards the €1,20 value.  :unsure2: or do we give them more credit than they deserve?

Call it what you will, fact is as soon as the Euro reaches 1,36 there is a "crisis" and it goes down again.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,432 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

The Euro hasn't been at 1.36 since 2011.  

The reason the Euro is presently losing the Ugly Contest in the race to the bottom is because Europe actually has some austerity.   US bureaucrats think trillion dollar deficits are austere.  That's not austerity, it's profligacy.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,177 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostYamato, on 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

The Euro hasn't been at 1.36 since 2011.  

The reason the Euro is presently losing the Ugly Contest in the race to the bottom is because Europe actually has some austerity.   US bureaucrats think trillion dollar deficits are austere.  That's not austerity, it's profligacy.

I don't know where you get your information from but it was 1.36 the day before yesterday and is trading currently at  1.3546 despite having lost almost a percent yesterday.

If you want to make money off the markets you should stay current.

about me

#6    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I find it hard to believe that the Money Markets are being manipulated without due diligence paid to actual economic rigour... :unsure2: :innocent: :whistle:

Edited by keithisco, 05 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,177 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I find it hard to believe that the Money Markets are being manipulated without due diligence paid to actual economic rigour... :unsure2: :innocent: :whistle:

The thing is that you don't really have to manipulate anything... all you need is somebody announcing that they are "fresh out of money" and the whole place panics. Real data is quite irrelevant to the bourses nowadays.

about me

#8    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,501 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

The thing is that you don't really have to manipulate anything... all you need is somebody announcing that they are "fresh out of money" and the whole place panics. Real data is quite irrelevant to the bourses nowadays.
Indeed - the irrationality of the markets is the black beast in the shadows stalking our every waking hour.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users