Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Piers Morgan Gets Angry and Throws His Notes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,429 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

after losing yet another gun control debate.

It makes me sick!" he exclaims as he crumples up his interview notes and throws them across his desk in the direction of his guest Scottie Hughes.

Still, a snippy Piers Morgan, desperately nursing his flagging ratings on his prime time show, battles on in his bizarre nearly-possessed quest to infringe on America's right to bear arms:

“The best thing about Alex Jones is that 8 million people watched that video on YouTube.  I would suggest it’s the smartest booking we’ve ever made. The attention that interview got exploded this issue back onto the agenda for the entire week leading up to what Obama did today.”

“The President of the United States espoused exactly what I’ve been saying for the last five weeks (referring to Obama's ban on "assault" rifles).  No one can tell me we haven’t had an influence.”

Piers Morgan hates AR-15s and he'll seemingly stop at nothing to remove them from all homes in the United States.

Posted Image

Edited by Yamato, 05 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

PM is a douchebag

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,250 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

he is exactly what the pro-gun lobby needs - a mad demagogue infringing upon their rights, full of sound an fury and making them the victims of a lunatics' vendetta.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,620 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I genuinely do not understand this guy and his fever for limiting the rights of Americans.  I personally don't care for the putz, but that aside, it mystifies me why it would matter so much to him.  And in fact, I don't really understand why non US citizens concern themselves so much with the debate.  That observation is not intended to be a stick in the eye to our British and Ozzie friends here at UM.  But the level of concern over a problem that is uniquely American is hard to understand from this side of the pond.  I understand if the Canadians and Mexicans get upset because they are directly at jeopardy in some instances.  But it seems akin to me being in an uproar over the antics of some strange MP or the stance of the British government on the Falkland Islands.  Those things are decidedly none of an American's business save curiosity alone.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Someone just needs to slap this guy.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

I pinky swear your right on this one Eonwe

#7    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

What do you expect from a man who published fake pictures (I believe he knew they were fake) of supposedly British soldiers beating up Iraqi civilians?  Even to this day he has refused to apologize and accept they are fake.  How many British and American soldiers lives did he put in risk of reprisals because of this?

Him wanting to protect people seems quite hypocritical now.

Posted Image

#8    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Piers Morgan's notes:
  • Invite guest as straw man
  • Preach left-wing agenda
  • Make a scene to get clip circulated on internet

Posted Image

#9    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,373 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Why do you guys suffer this eejit?
He's not at home in the UK cos we all know he' s a d??khead.

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,599 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 05 February 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

he is exactly what the pro-gun lobby needs - a mad demagogue infringing upon their rights, full of sound an fury and making them the victims of a lunatics' vendetta.
Also exactly what the debate on gun control could do without.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Also exactly what the debate on gun control could do without.

Sadly we got many of those type of people in power or in the media who are on a quest to take infringe up our rights. :\

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#12    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,804 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I had wondered if it was just me who thinks this guy asks dumb/silly/pointless interview questions.
Watched him interview friends of ours on CNN.

#13    Big Jim

Big Jim

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

If you are a guest somewhere and you don't like the rules, then leave.  Piers Morgan is in this country as a guest worker.  While he may be entitled to his opinion, he should at least become a citizen before trying to publicly influence something so basic and uniquely American as the Constitution.  As an outsider he should be respectful of his host's ways of doing things even if they are not his own.

#14    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Don't the British even dislike him? That's why we have to listen to him?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    Alantheanylyst

Alantheanylyst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostHasina, on 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Don't the British even dislike him? That's why we have to listen to him? :yes:
You are welcome to him as far as this Brit is concerned ., we feel your pain .

On a more serious note his one man crusade is patronizing in the extreme.

As has been stated previously in the thread, his publication of photographs falsely  depicting British soldiers  abusing Iraqi civilians ,was vomit inducing .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users