Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6 stupid things about the moon landing

ali smack

I agree with this guy.

It happened and I don't get people who think it's a hoax.

let's think rationally.

for it to be a hoax.

then all the astronauts were in on it, everyone working at NASA up till now,

All the government including every president during the time and till now.

Every american politician etc.

Every newspaper journalist in usa and everywhere else, every newsreader

every news reporter everywhere, all the people who worked in factories that

made the space ship and astronaut's clothes and various equipment etc

all the t.v. companies throughout the world.

the camera men who "Faked" it.

Plus on top of all of that for it to be a hoax.

All the countries in the world including Russia. Would of been in on it.

Including prime ministers,presidents, even kings, queens and other heads of state.

Plus scientists.

And also there would of been various people that would of been employed to

"Stage" it. There would of been a studio where this stuff was made, and SFX people

who would of made the various costumes and equipment.

So really if you think of all of that. It's impossible because not even 1 person has ever come out and admitted to it been a hoax.

You'd think over 40 years someone would. It's complete balderdash!

• Like 1

yep, you are right, it was not a hoax.

• Like 1

Paranoid *brainless* nuts say everything is a conspiracy.

The Moon landing was 100% not a hoax.

• Like 1

Thinking rationally and conspiracy theories have never been good roommates.

Agreed though, the moon landings (and the entire Space Race) were too big to be a hoaxes... Unless the US and the USSR were in cahoots or... GASP One World GUMENT did it! D:

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

A good conspiracy theorist can find a conspiracy in anything. It sells books/DVD's but agreeing wouldn't.

• Like 1

Yeah never really understood how if it was all fake why the Soviets would keep quiet about it. Many of the other claims don't really fit, but that's the big sticking point for me. If it was faked it would have been a PR dream for the Soviets.

Plus I don't want Buzz punching me in the face. :P

Edited by Corp
  • Like 3

If you get a chance to watch repeats of the show "Moon Machines", do so. Amazing! They had nothing to go on, they had to develop it all...great show if you like science and engineering.

Then decide someone(s) duped and exploited these amazing minds...NOT

• Like 1

Point 1: Well you can't really say that, if it was a huge hoax and it was some Illuminati thingy then Kubrick wouldn't have a choice.

Point 2: This is just stupid, all the moon rock etc could easily be fake. lol He shouldn't of even mentioned this cause it make shim look a little stupid.

Point 3: Good point definitely valid, the best point there is.

Point 4: Well similar to point 1 really. If there is some elitists in charge of everything then same reasons. (well there is elitists in charge of everything, not saying they are Illuminati, but it's pretty much a fact)

Point 5: This is juvenile to be honest, completely makes the guy look like a moron.

Only point 3 is concrete to be perfectly honest.

Point 2: This is just stupid, all the moon rock etc could easily be fake. lol He shouldn't of even mentioned this cause it make shim look a little stupid.

You're wrong there; lunar samples CANNOT be replicated here on Earth. We can create things that have similar properties is certain areas or another, but a competent geologist can tell when a sample of moon rock was obtained from the lunar surface, fell to Earth or is simply not a moon rock.

You should read this: How do we know it is a rock from the Moon?

You're wrong there; lunar samples CANNOT be replicated here on Earth. We can create things that have similar properties is certain areas or another, but a competent geologist can tell when a sample of moon rock was obtained from the lunar surface, fell to Earth or is simply not a moon rock.

You should read this: How do we know it is a rock from the Moon?

You are missing the point though, if it was all a cover up, they would say that. lol

I'm not saying it is a cover, up, just saying if it was they would cover that up. lol

• Like 1

No, you're getting it wrong. You said: "...This is just stupid, all the moon rock etc could easily be fake...". That is incorrect.

No, you're getting it wrong. You said: "...This is just stupid, all the moon rock etc could easily be fake...". That is incorrect.

Not if you are a conspiracy theorist and the people telling you the rocks cannot be faked....

Why can't you understand that? lol

It's like me telling you that my car is a Ferrari, when it's fiat. Then getting a university i own to tell you it's a Ferrari and you can't make that mistake.

Edited by Coffey

Then getting a university i own to tell you it's a Ferrari and you can't make that mistake.

Which is basically a logical fallacy called authoritative argument.

Just because your own personal university says it is a Ferrari (legitimate expertise) it still fails to meet the second condition for your statement to hold true (expert consensus).

So your logic is clearly lacking in your own argument.

• Like 1

Which is basically a logical fallacy called authoritative argument.

Just because your own personal university says it is a Ferrari (legitimate expertise) it still fails to meet the second condition for your statement to hold true (expert consensus).

So your logic is clearly lacking in your own argument.

Is that University not owned by the government no? Who funds the University? Who controls the Dollar which funds the University?

I've never believed it was a hoax but a lot of people I know believe in that nonsense.

It's just complete illogical nonsense. That's the problem with a lot of conspiracies.

Is that University not owned by the government no? Who funds the University? Who controls the Dollar which funds the University?

Every time you use that argument, you just add to the number of people who have to be in on it. Every geologist in the world? NASA have distributed thousands of their samples. Any geologist anywhere in the world can request a sample for analysis, so at what point do newly qualified geologists get let in on the hoax? Edited by flyingswan
  • Like 1

So that explains why we haven't gone back -- they don't want to not find that we've been there.

I must say Americans can come up with the oddest ideas. It's something for America to be proud of -- for the world to be proud of.

Every time you use that argument, you just add to the number of people who have to be in on it. Every geologist in the world? NASA have distributed thousands of their samples. Any geologist anywhere in the world can request a sample for analysis, so at what point do newly qualified geologists get let in on the hoax?

That's not how it would work, what theories are the geologists basing their find on? Exactly.

Edited by Coffey

That's not how it would work, what theories are the geologists basing their find on? Exactly.

The same techniques used to analyse terrestrial rocks, mineralogy, chemistry, high-mag imaging, radioactive dating. Using these techniques, geologists report very old rocks formed in a dry, low-gravity environment with surfaces showing evidence of exposure to meteorites, cosmic radiation and the solar wind. Edited by flyingswan
  • Like 2

The same techniques used to analyse terrestrial rocks, mineralogy, chemistry, high-mag imaging, radioactive dating. Using these techniques, geologists report very old rocks formed in a dry, low-gravity environment with surfaces showing evidence of exposure to meteorites, cosmic radiation and the solar wind.

Or put another way, rocks that can't possibly have been formed on Earth.

It should also be noted that the Apollo samples are not the only samples returned from the moon. The Soviets returned (albeit a considerably smaller quantity) via their Luna unmanned missions. The analysis of these samples are consistent with the Apollo samples, so either the Apollo samples are genuine or the Soviet Union and the USA collaborated and got their fake samples from the same source.

• Like 2

It should also be noted that those Apollo samples continue to be analysed and continue to convince geologist from around the world that they are of a genuine Lunar origin.

How did NASA know, in 1969, what techniques would be available to geologists more than forty years in the future? How could they possibly have foreseen these techniques and faked the rocks so well that they continue to fool every expert in the world today?

Either all the world's geologists are in on the hoax, and in 46 years not one of them has come forward to expose the conspiracy (or even inadvertently made a mistake exposing it) or the rocks are genuine. Unless of course NASA has access to time travel.

• Like 2

The same techniques used to analyse terrestrial rocks, mineralogy, chemistry, high-mag imaging, radioactive dating. Using these techniques, geologists report very old rocks formed in a dry, low-gravity environment with surfaces showing evidence of exposure to meteorites, cosmic radiation and the solar wind.

All based on what we are TOLD about the moon..... :whistle:

Can you not see that. lol

I'm not saying I believe it's a hoax, but if it was then everything we are told about he moon could be wrong. lol