Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Fist of the North Star Fans Here?

WoIverine

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• Mr Supertypo

• PlanB

• hellig heilige

I remember seeing the original anime series some years ago. I was amazed at the level of violence in an animated feature. Plus, I'm a sucker for revenge stories. Never saw the updated version, but I can only imagine the amount of guts and gore in that. Unfortunately, I did see the Costas Mandylor live-action movie. Made me want to hokotu shinken my eyes out.

Yeah, luckily I never saw that. I heard it was really bad and originally premiered on HBO or something. After checking it out on imdb...the character Raoh isn't even in it! He was the main bad guy in the original anime, and Ken's brother. No idea where they were going by straying so far from the source material.

Yup Hokuto no Ken fan here. Love the series, and the various derivate. A good show. :-)

I had heard Raoh and Souther had gone at it one time, but the result was a stalemate, anyone know if that was in a cartoon anime, or was it in the manga book series? Would like to find the cartoon version if I can.

Edit: Ah, I think it's called "Legends of the Dark King" and it's on youtube, cool. Solo story about Raoh.

Edited by WoIverine

It's watchable but not an original story. It needs to be speeded up and cut down by 40 minutes.

Yeah really, I agree, I barely got through some of it. Raoh just doesn't seem as big and menacing as depicted in other anime.