Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giants

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    annegee

annegee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

hi I'm new here joined this site as i have a theory and would like peoples thoughts on it.

there have been many reports of giant skeletons been found but no one seems that intersested it doesn't seem to be studied much further, my thoughts are maybe there was a race of giants on earth in ancient times, we had giant animals (dinosaurs) so why not humans,  maybe thats how the pramids and other structures (that have us baffled on how they were constructed) were built would have been much easier to move massive stones if its a giant doing it.

your thoughts please

Attached File  giant.png   104.26K   21 downloads

#2    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I find reports of giants throughout history very interesting.
I don't know whether a race existed of giants
but certainly giant skeletons have been found but
for some reason not talked about.
I think some reports are real, others are rubbish.
I think anything up to 8 foot odd is likely real.
But reports of 50-100 footers I don't think there real.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

There was Giant Roman emperor.

His thumb was said to be so large that he wore his wife's bracelet as a ring for it. While the exact size of Maximinus will probably never be known, he was nonetheless likely a man of great size....
According to Historia Augusta, "he was of such size, so Cordus reports, that men said he was eight foot, six inches in height".[37]
.... the historian Herodian, a contemporary of Maximinus, mentions him as a man of greater size, noting that: "He was in any case a man of such frightening appearance and colossal size that there is no obvious comparison to be drawn with any of the best-trained Greek athletes or warrior elite of the barbarians."[39]

http://en.wikipedia....Maximinus_Thrax

View Postannegee, on 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

This is photoshop.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by the L, 05 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,331 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

There is a disease called Gigantism that will cause you to grow to enormous size.  I don't think this is a new disease so I suspect there have been giants in ancient cultures.

Welcome to UM.

#5    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,727 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

L is right, the OP photo is a fake. So are a lot of other photos on the internet.

8 foot tall isn't common, but there are lots of records of it. I think maybe 10 ish feet might be found in some fossil records, but don't quote me on that.

#6    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,419 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

The question may have some validity as we have the Watusi which are known as a tall peoples as an example. And more recently in the early 20th century we had Robert Wadlow. At 8' 11.1 inches he was the tallest human on record. He also suffered from acromegaly and his size was effectively crushing his legs, ankles and feet. A human of the size of the skeleton in the photoshopped picture from the OP would never be able to stand on his own since with increased height comes an even more increased mass. Two legs couldn't hold his weight.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#7    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,094 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postannegee, on 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

hi I'm new here joined this site as i have a theory and would like peoples thoughts on it.

there have been many reports of giant skeletons been found but no one seems that intersested it doesn't seem to be studied much further, my thoughts are maybe there was a race of giants on earth in ancient times, we had giant animals (dinosaurs) so why not humans,  maybe thats how the pramids and other structures (that have us baffled on how they were constructed) were built would have been much easier to move massive stones if its a giant doing it.

your thoughts please

Attachment giant.png

This is my answer:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=24127

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,265 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Depends on the term Giant. If you mean the occational large human, then yes. If you mean the occational taller then average population of humans, then yes. If you mean Titans, or Jotuns, or Cyclops, or any of the other mythic races of much larger then human peoples, then I have ot say no. Almost every single Giant photo you can find online is a Clear Fake. Or at least done deceptively. Forced Perspective can be used in some photos to create giants.

Edited by DieChecker, 05 February 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

No offense to the OP, but it seems that so many times on this site, you get someone with their 1st post asking a question that has been asked too many times before for the search function not to return at least a few good results.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,265 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Speaking of Giants....

http://collider.com/...slayer-posters/

Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users