Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

dog headed people

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

View Postevancj, on 06 February 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

The city I live in has dogs with dog heads...guess that's not as interesting as people with dog heads, but that's the way reality is sometimes.

Yeah, sucks to be normal, don't it?

#17    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

We live with two dogheaded people. They have dog bodies too, but our still people in our house.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#18    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

A person claimed that they saw one in their house. It appeared out of thin air. They said that it looked intelligent and wise, but it also had an enigmatic air about it. It brought the Egyptian god, Anubis, to mind.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#19    kallisti

kallisti

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I was thinking of Anubis as well.  There was also that dog headed demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I forget his name.  I have read a few dog headed people sightings.  If not here they must have been in the Your True Tales section on the about.com site.

“Weird doors open. People fall into things.”
David Sedaris

#20    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postkallisti, on 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

I was thinking of Anubis as well.  There was also that dog headed demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I forget his name.  I have read a few dog headed people sightings.  If not here they must have been in the Your True Tales section on the about.com site.

I bet that Linda Godfrey is a good source of information about this. She knows a lot about legends of werewolves and dog-men. This is right up her alley. The dog-headed humanoids sound like much different kinds of entities, though.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

+++

Posted Image

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5479501/

:P

Edited by Abramelin, 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#22    PsychoKnot

PsychoKnot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

http://www.huffingto...s#slide=2067321
i know the opposite of what you really want...

#23    designer

designer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

• I believe.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

I have never heard of them being seen in the city. I have heard of an eye witness account of one in the country, on a long drive way. A guy walking his dog after dark walked up on it. It looked at him, turned and walked off.

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#24    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Poltergeist

• 2,669 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I've a dog headed 4 legged creature living in my house, he attacks family members when they go to feed him, an odd fellow he is indeed. :w00t:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#25    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 05 February 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Did you mean your people called Mongols Dogheads? I'm of Mongolian descent on my father's side, second-generation American on his side too. Call me ugly, I'll buy that, but dogfaced, that's rough. :blush:

My people called Mongols Dogheads. Yes. That was a nick name for Mongols when they invaded my land. It isnt surprising because Hunagrians and others called them that way. Its ugly nick nake due their small size and their fur hats. Ugly name isnt surprise since Mongols burn kill and rape. And we Croats were among few people who defeated them. Although it wasnt a "M" of Mongol army but still. Mongols couldnt won on mountain terrain. And btw dont take it as insult. Its just historical fact. In west Europe describe them as two heads, one leged monsters, cannibals and so on.

Also if anything is my field in history its Mongol empire. I studied Mongols foe atleast 10 years now. I adore Temujin and Mongols.

Edited by the L, 06 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#26    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 05 February 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

That is despite the fact that eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

Human memory can be extremely unreliable.  I read about a survey done of September 11 eyewitness accounts.  People who were interviewed just after the events described what they saw.  A year later they were interviewed and on average something like 30% of the details of their stories had altered in the meantime.  Five years after 9/11 they were interviewed, on average, over 50% of the details of their stories had changed from the original account they gave.

And that says nothing about how reliable the original account was.  I've seen myself what happens when people are interviewed after a car accident and none of them can agree on even the basic nature of what happened.

The fact that eyewitness testimony is used to convict people is not an indicator of how reliable it is, it is in indication of a serious flaw in how evidence is weighed in court cases.

Read post 5 then respond to me.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#27    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postthe L, on 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

My people called Mongols Dogheads. Yes. That was a nick name for Mongols when they invaded my land. It isnt surprising because Hunagrians and others called them that way. Its ugly nick nake due their small size and their fur hats. Ugly name isnt surprise since Mongols burn kill and rape. And we Croats were among few people who defeated them. Although it wasnt a "M" of Mongol army but still. Mongols couldnt won on mountain terrain. And btw dont take it as insult. Its just historical fact. In west Europe describe them as two heads, one leged monsters, cannibals and so on.

Also if anything is my field in history its Mongol empire. I studied Mongols foe atleast 10 years now. I adore Temujin and Mongols.

Hey, no problem. I was actually joking...yes my Dad's father's family are of Mongolian descent. And interestingly per your reply, what is now Croatia on my Dad's mother's side, but was Austria-Hungary when my Grandma came to America).
But I wasn't attacking you or your people's nickname for Mongols or defending what the Mongols did. :)

#28    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,980 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cynocephaly

Many historical figures have had dogheaded experiances. From Marco Polo to Saint Christopher (who himself supposedly had a dogs head).

Posted Image

#29    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View Postdesigner, on 06 February 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

Anubis is sooo awesome, as is anything Ancient Greek, imo. Then you get hermanubis who looks like ScoobyDoo in a dress. Somethings just don't need remakes/sequels.

#30    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postali smack, on 05 February 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

has anyone heard reports of dog headed people in cities.

I've dated a few.  Alcohol is responsible, I believe (hope).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users