Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

IRS Sued over 'Sex or Penalties' Claim

irs lawsuit harrassment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Maintaining a friendly but professional demeanor can be important to an audit or tax dispute. Sex with the government for a better audit result? Not a good idea. Yet a lawsuit involving an allegedly alluring—and demanding—female IRS agent suggests that sometimes facts and figures can become overwhelming. If you believe the plaintiff, passion, it seems, can overtake a tax audit.
Unlikely? I agree. Preposterous? Perhaps. But Vincent Burroughs of Oregon has sued the IRS and IRS Agent Dora Abrahamson claiming she threatened him with penalties in his tax audit if he didn’t, er, come across. See Vincent Burroughs Accuses IRS Agent Dora Abrahamson of Coercing Sex by Using Threat of Tax Penalty. This is no laughing matter–the plaintiff wants punitive damages.
Move down

After all, it was put up or shut up, the suit claims, which hardly sounds like a Nicholas Sparks romance. The story opens when the IRS contacted Mr. Burroughs for an audit in August 2011. The IRS agent flirted with him over the telephone and via text messages, the suit claims, offered him massages and sent him a photo of herself in her underwear. Mr. Burroughs claims he ignored her advances, only surrendering when she came to his home “provocatively attired.”

READ MORE

Mr. Burroughs claims he ignored her advances, only surrendering when she came to his home “provocatively attired.”

Great, now the IRS will come right to your house to screw you! :P

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

And I bet they bring no protection with them.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 06 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

And I bet they bring no protection with them.
That's okay, they can have it delivered. :tu:

http://www.unexplain...8

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

LOL

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

Also tagged with irs, lawsuit, harrassment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users