Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Gay Marriage

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: are you in favour of gay marriage? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

are you in favour of Gay Marriage

1. Yes (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. No (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

3. Not bothered either way (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

4. yes. But only in a registry office (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

5. I am undecided (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 February 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Surely a civil union gives you the exact same rights without the negitive, religious sacrament, overtones.
After a certain amount of years, but why call it a civil union, you do not have to be religious to get married.......so whats the problem with gay people getting married when the religious lot have no objections to the non religious people doing it?
I got married, am not religious, and no one stood outside the registry office with a banner objecting.
If non religious people can get married, then why can not gay people and why change whats its called?

Edited by freetoroam, 06 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

When heterosexuals are banned from getting a divorce and truly hold marriage to be the sacred bond they claim it is, then I will be satisfied with just a civil union.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#18    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

But does your daughter not clean her room because she has watched you not clean the house? i doubt it. :blush:

Oh she sure knew how to copy the lazy act..  From she was a baby, she was forever round my hubbys cousins house, and their young daughter Linzi is one lazy hallion.. Becky told us why should she clean her room, when Linzi doesn't have to?    I said, because I am NOT Linzis mother, you do what I say.. She eventually does because she knows that I will punish her by removing the things she likes more ..  

I think gays should be allowed to marry,          

Well I am not that liberal minded, I think if they got married, they will turn others gay too..  It's just WRONG..  wrong I tell ya

They are people and should be allowed to be man and man or woman and woman if they like.              

*shudders*  UHHH  bring back the law that makes it all illegal..  It's not right, it's not even in the same postcode as right..

I won't allow my family to watch anything gay, regardless how funny Alan Car and Graham Norton is.. PFFFT  no thank you  lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#19    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

When heterosexuals are banned from getting a divorce and truly hold marriage to be the sacred bond they claim it is, then I will be satisfied with just a civil union.

So its not about rights, its about semantics

#20    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

After a certain amount of years, but why call it a civil union, you do not have to be religious to get married.......so whats the problem with gay people getting married when the religious lot have no objections to the non religious people doing it?
I got married, am not religious, and no one stood outside the registry office with a banner objecting.
If non religious people can get married, then why can not gay people and why change whats its called?

I am not religious and therefor see marriage as outdated. Marriage was started by and continues to be a religious sacrament. If my parnter and I ever choose to have a ceremony it will be a civil union. I see no difference between the two except the religious overtones.

The reason non religious people are encouraged to marry in churches is that you are a man and woman who could be potential church goers

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 06 February 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Haha, you can`t say this !  :no:  SACRED BONDS????

BTW here is a nice church wedding which i would like the religious lot to explain:  and they complain about gays???

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2K9T5GS3a

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#22    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

It's about whatever you choose it to be.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

What difference does it make, if they get married in a registry office why should it be anyone elses business?  getting married does not mean you are religious.

#24    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I cannot believe these gays want equal rights? I mean, who does that in this day and age? Its so uncivilized .Only straight people deserve equal rights.. It's high time people knew this..lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 06 February 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I won't allow my family to watch anything gay, regardless how funny Alan Car and Graham Norton is.. PFFFT  no thank you  lol

WHAT?? no Alan Car or Graham Norton?   I would not clean my room either if  I was your daughter.

Joke, i do not watch them either, not because they are gay, but because I just dont think they are funny.  :whistle:

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 06 February 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I cannot believe these gays want equal rights? I mean, who does that in this day and age? Its so uncivilized .Only straight people deserve equal rights.. It's high time people knew this..lol
yep, its so uncivilised, maybe we should all move to Iran or Mali, theres some good examples of straight religious "civilised" people who know all about human rights in this day and age. :whistle:

#27    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

WHAT?? no Alan Car or Graham Norton?   I would not clean my room either if  I was your daughter.

Joke, i do not watch them either, not because they are gay, but because I just dont think they are funny.  :whistle:

Blasphemy.. Alan Car is very funny    What a week it's been eh?  lol

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

yep, its so uncivilised, maybe we should all move to Iran or Mali, theres some good examples of straight religious "civilised" people who know all about human rights in this day and age. :whistle:

Yea sure thing, because those places have the right idea...Now that is civilized

Good job you are not taking me seriously  lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Blasphemy.. Alan Car is very funny What a week it's been eh?  lol

Yea sure thing, because those places have the right idea...Now that is civilized

Good job you are not taking me seriously  lol :P
ofcourse i am, I have even got a fantastic surprise for you.

Posted Image

Can`t wait any more, got to tell you what it is now:
Becky`s-mom, yoouuuuu are going to IRAN yippeeeeeee, Yep I am paying for it, all expences fully paid and have booked you a fantastic hotel. Please send me a postcard.

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

ofcourse i am, I have even got a fantastic surprise for you.

Posted Image

Can`t wait any more, got to tell you what it is now:
Becky`s-mom, yoouuuuu are going to IRAN yippeeeeeee, Yep I am paying for it, all expences fully paid and have booked you a fantastic hotel. Please send me a postcard.

I'm taking you with me, and let everyone know that you and I are gay lovers..lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 06 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

I'm taking you with me, and let everyone know that you and I are gay lovers..lol
ok, I will bring the bikini`s and blonde wigs, you bring the alcohol. its going to be fun.
hope we get back in time to watch Alan Car though, I know how upset you get if you miss a show. lol

Ps: where has everyone gone? i think we have frightened them off.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users