Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Gay Marriage

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: are you in favour of gay marriage? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

are you in favour of Gay Marriage

1. Yes (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. No (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

3. Not bothered either way (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

4. yes. But only in a registry office (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

5. I am undecided (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

ok, I will bring the bikini`s and blonde wigs, you bring the alcohol. its going to be fun.
hope we get back in time to watch Alan Car though, I know how upset you get if you miss a show. lol

I always have my Sky box ready to record Alan Car Chatty Man..You have to admit, he is funny..You'd better admit it, or I'll refund my plane tickets !

Ps: where has everyone gone? i think we have frightened them off.            
They are huffing because you offered me free tickets and not them..lol       I don't know where they went.. They all know my previous posts in here are not serious, so there is no real challenge for them as yet...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#32    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,790 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Becky & Freetoroam you are in danger of threadjacking.
Take it to a room :yes:

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#33    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

As long as they have cake there, I don't care who marries who....no cake, no can do...

#34    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

If it was up to me you can have  gay marriages practically anywhere.
However it's not but I'm still reasonably happy for the civil ceremonies to continue in registry offices.
Places where redneck preachers have no jurisdiction whatsoever.

I'm actually pretty familiar with one gay marriage and it's just guesswork with an other.
My sister- in- laws sister got married to her girlfriend four days before last Xmas.
The only thing I'm bothered about in that state of affairs is no invite.
But I've met the happy couple before in Sutton Coldfield and didn't see any signs of deviant behaviour.

While my former neighbours were lesbians and they were raising a daughter.
I don't know which one conceived the daughter or if they were in a civil partnership.
I'm not what you call a nosy neighbour.
Tbh there's so many kids coming from broken homes I honestly can't see the problem of adoption.

Ladies,you can get back to your flirting.lol.

Edited by Medium Brown, 06 February 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Becky & Freetoroam

View PostMedium Brown, on 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Ladies,you can get back to your flirting.lol.

See that freetoroam, we are told to get a room   lol :P

Banter to one side...

I don't which one conceived the daughter or if they were in a civil partnership.   

My cousin Sarah is gay and in a good steady relationship with her partner.. Sarah loves kids, she looks after so many in her job, but is waiting on word to have IVF treatment, so she can have one of her own,,,  I wish her all the best...   Lesbian or not, the maternal instinct is still there for many .....

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#36    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Becky & Freetoroam you are in danger of threadjacking.

Br Cornelius
Sorry, we thought everyone had gone away. Didn`t realise you were hiding round the corner.

take it to a room??? are you trying to imply we are gay?

#37    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

View Postali smack, on 06 February 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

what are your opinions of Gay Marriage in the UK?

Are you for it?
Against it?
Not fussed either way?
Or agree but think it shouldn't be allowed in a church?

Discuss

After doing some Bible research I was amazed to discover homosexuality isnt necessary the one way road to hell I thought it was. Putting aside what priests say the Bible quite clearly states there is only one unforgiveable sin which is bad mouthing God. Apparently if a homosexual is really sorry for their sin, stops practising it and avoids situations where it could happen again then God would forgive them.

I still think the Church shouldnt be practising gay marriage so I vote no. If they sort their minds out and want to marry someone of the opposite sex then that should be allowed. As for those who want to commit to a same sex partner they should have to make do with civil union. If any legal issues are outstanding which stop them having rights afforded to hetrosexual couples then it can be looked into.

#38    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

After doing some Bible research I was amazed to discover homosexuality isnt necessary the one way road to hell I thought it was. Putting aside what priests say the Bible quite clearly states there is only one unforgiveable sin which is bad mouthing God. Apparently if a homosexual is really sorry for their sin, stops practising it and avoids situations where it could happen again then God would forgive them.

I still think the Church shouldnt be practising gay marriage so I vote no. If they sort their minds out and want to marry someone of the opposite sex then that should be allowed. As for those who want to commit to a same sex partner they should have to make do with civil union. If any legal issues are outstanding which stop them having rights afforded to hetrosexual couples then it can be looked into.
I agree with most, but I did ask earlier this question, why can it not be called marriage as marriage is not only for the religious people? I am not religious and there was no objections to me getting married.
what difference does it make what its called, if you are not religious and marry in a registry office, what is the difference between that and being gay marrying in the a registry office?

#39    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

I agree with most, but I did ask earlier this question, why can it not be called marriage as marriage is not only for the religious people? I am not religious and there was no objections to me getting married.
what difference does it make what its called, if you are not religious and marry in a registry office, what is the difference between that and being gay marrying in the a registry office?

So long as gay marriages arent forced on the Church there is no conflict.

#40    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,979 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Easy answer is that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now the real question is, why change the definition of marriage when there is already ceremonies availiable that grant you the exact same rights.

So this thread is not about equal rights, its about the name of the ceremony. Hence me saying "a rose by any other name..." except that in this case it obviously doesn't smell as sweet to some.

#41    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 February 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

So long as gay marriages arent forced on the Church there is no conflict.
Exactly what I have been saying throughout this thread.

#42    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Easy answer is that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now the real question is, why change the definition of marriage when there is already ceremonies availiable that grant you the exact same rights.

So this thread is not about equal rights, its about the name of the ceremony. Hence me saying "a rose by any other name..." except that in this case it obviously doesn't smell as sweet to some.
But according to who? i am not religious and yet I am married. The church have their definition on marriage, those who are not religious have theirs. I do not want to be classed as different just because the church tell me too. I am not enforcing my views onto the church, so they should not enforce their on mine.
Did you see the link I put up earlier about a "church wedding" ? how does the church explain that?
Ans as pointed out, how does the church explain the divorces between people who have been married by them.....their hypocrisy has no right to tell me whether I can get married or not or what it should be called.

#43    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,979 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 February 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

But according to who? i am not religious and yet I am married. The church have their definition on marriage, those who are not religious have theirs. I do not want to be classed as different just because the church tell me too. I am not enforcing my views onto the church, so they should not enforce their on mine.
Did you see the link I put up earlier about a "church wedding" ? how does the church explain that?
Ans as pointed out, how does the church explain the divorces between people who have been married by them.....their hypocrisy has no right to tell me whether I can get married or not or what it should be called.

It is widely accepted throughout the world that marriage is between a man and a woman. People who have same sex ceremonies have the same rights. What difference does the name make?

#44    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I think in my opinion that gays should be allowed to get married. But civil partnerships should be done away with because if we have equal rights.
Then why have a civil partnership if marriage is legal?
Also I believe that if a church is happy with it. Then by all means allow it.If there not happy marrying them then fair enough.I don't think churches should be bullied into marrying gays if they don't want to.I do hate the fact that people have been accused of homophobia who don't agree with it though.

#45    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 06 February 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

It is widely accepted throughout the world that marriage is between a man and a woman. People who have same sex ceremonies have the same rights. What difference does the name make?
If gay people want to marry, then the church has no right to deny them this, not with their track history! Exactly, what difference does the name make? none! now if the gay people want to get married in a church, then thats a different story.
There are many different views on marriage, there are some religions where arranged marriages are accepted, I do not agree with them, but its still allowed to be called marriage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users