Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Australian Kids Banned from B-day Tradition

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Clearly this world is now so dangerous that some sort of final solution is needed. So, for 100% safety, lets ban all people.....

#17    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Perhaps we ought to ban the experts who insist on coming up with these ideas.... :no:

There was one such germ paranoid type on a morning news broadcast here, a wee while back. She pontificated long and wisely upon the danger of spreading germs, from sneezing to general contact, to the point were another guest butted in. First she placed her own hand on the table in front of them, ran the hand then down the expert's arm, shook hands with the presenters, and intoned gravely: "Look, I have now infected you all. Plus, we all came in from outside, got make-up slapped on us, and you - the expert - are worried that you MIGHT get an infection? For crying out loud, how can you cope with leaving your house each day?!!!

#18    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I love a good dose of germs. Hell I haven't been to a doctor for sickness in over 5 years.

Edit: I'm pretty sure being a grubby little kid helped...

Edited by Timonthy, 09 February 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yea because germs cannot spread around a classroom  without blowing out birthday candles ..Take away the birthday cake, and you will never see a kid catch the cold in school again

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Imagine these generation of kids in twenty years. Probably will have a low immune system.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#21    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

The school where my kids go to never allowed candles in the first place anyway, probably some OHS issue.

They also ask for cupcakes, slices or for you to pre-cut a large cake up. I don't understand the problem if single serves are brought to school anyway why not just put a candle in the birthday childs piece?

But then my school has bigger problems than that to deal with. :td:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#22    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

No one has been proven to have lived forever. In fact being born causes a 100% certainty of death. Australia need to address this atrocity (and the mayor of New York City).

#23    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

You know what attributes to the rise of allergies and weaker immune systems in the new children of Australia these days? Drivel like this. It's not good for a child to live in a completely clean and pristine environment. Over protectiveness and stupidity in full force.

Everyone has their "precious" child over here. Little do they know, that they're doing more harm than good.

#24    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

The mentality of some Politicians and Civil Servants is beyond belief. I sometimes think that none of them had childhoods.
-
just by looking at politicians, you can tell that they were the kind of stuck-up little kids who used to get bullied at school, and only got into politics as a way of getting their own back....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#25    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

God, this world can't get any dumber.
-
oh., I dunno.....

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#26    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

aussies are tougher than badly fried steak, but you have to be when you live in a country where every living thing that walks crawls, flies, swims or breathes is designed to kill you in the most painful way imaginable, so I doubt a few little germs will harm 'em!

#27    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

This is just another overeaction and brainless suggestion which proves again that our authorities solution to all problems is to implement more controlling mechanism and threaten with hefty fines if we don't follow the rules.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 23 February 2013 - 01:59 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#28    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

The people who make up and implement these pathetic rules should be dragged out of their place of work and executed in front of a crowd as an example of how being a bottom dwelling jobs worth will get you in a heap of trouble. I despise these snivelling morons, the same morons who said out children can't sing ba ba black sheep anymore as it may be deemed racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users